Remove this Banner Ad

B: Jonas Carlile Hombsch

HB: Pittard Trengove Broadbent

C: White Wines Polec

HF: Westhoff Ryder Hartlett

FF: Wingard Schulz Monfries

R: Lobbe Boak Gray

I/C: O'Shea, Neade, Moore (Sub: Young)

That team would decimate all. Hard at the ball, athletic, fit, fast and skilful. Plug Harvey/Shaw into Schulz spot when he retires.

Port should be on the phone this minute to ASADA and asking if Ryder places himself at your mercy, what deal will he get re-sanctions, etc?

if the answer is a good one, and the first guy that does it will get the best deal, get straight on the phone to his agent/manager and say "have we got a deal for you" :D :D :D

That team would decimate all. Hard at the ball, athletic, fit, fast and skilful. Plug Harvey/Shaw into Schulz spot when he retires.

missing Clurey for carlile

Push Moore out for Ebert and someone for Kornes and I totally agree.

that would be excellent.

he is a very good 2nd ruckman and an ok forward.

we are in need of a good back up for lobbe and he provides that and gives us another tall option to throw forward which we really need. i dont think ryder is actually that good up forward but he is decent and alongside shultz , with westhoff floating around gives us a much better structure.

big plus is we can also swing ryder down back if trengove goes down with injury which a lot of people have been calling for us to recruit another key tall. i think ryder negates this immediate need as he is serviceable down back if we needed him to cover a loss down back.

we can sit back and let shaw , harvey and butcher develop without any rush to bring them in. let their form decide when they should come into the team.

if we also get lowden then we have no need to chase any more rucks on the list unless they are a young draftee too good to pass up.

lobbe , redden , lowden , ryder (with trengove as back up) if you would say you would lose more than 3 of those guys at the same time you would be epicly unlucky , and i dont want us to plan for that if it costs us a developing spot that could go looking for the next robbie gray.

so if he comes over will he have a pre season with burgo or will he be doing his own thing for 6months?? If he is 6 months behind us he may be playing with the maggies for a bit next year
Obviously option one would be best but even if he spent the first 6 months on a beach somewhere surfing it would still be a great long term outcome.

so if he comes over will he have a pre season with burgo or will he be doing his own thing for 6months?? If he is 6 months behind us he may be playing with the maggies for a bit next year

I'd imagine that we be able to sneak him his training regime but he'd have to do all the work away from the club.

I think Paddy and Gus are gonna become pretty good mates over summer!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We enrol him at the UniSA high performance course that Dr Burgo is overseeing. I bet he will be involved in many of the practical lessons

Port and Paddy are classy characters - we will play tough but fair. No point hurting the Bombers or been seen to be taking advantage of a terrible situation, however self induced. 2nd/3rd pick

A second/third round pick would be taking advantage of the situation, but I have no problem with that. Also, a second rounder has considerably greater value to them than would normally be the case. Our second round pick would become their first in the draft. It would be hugely valuable to them.

Bombers board is still so painful to read a lot still want pick 4 for him
As in most bigfooty trade situations, posters somehow decide that they speak directly for the club. ben the gooner is the Bombers list manager it appears reading the Ryder thread as he seems to be able to veto any trade situation he does not like on behalf of the essendon football club.

I'd imagine that we be able to sneak him his training regime but he'd have to do all the work away from the club.

I think Paddy and Gus are gonna become pretty good mates over summer!

This would have to be a big thing in favour for us. Given a possible holiday, having a former teammate could be a big selling point.

reports from Tom Browne-
Ryder I'm told is meeting with port Adelaide tonight

Ryder is telling friends he likes Port Adelaide . He has also told contacts he's very impressed with Leigh Matthews / Brisbane #afl

lions believe port has edge, good mates with Monfries, current success also attractive . I think Brisbane obviously still right in frame

reports from Tom Browne-
Ryder I'm told is meeting with port Adelaide tonight

Ryder is telling friends he likes Port Adelaide . He has also told contacts he's very impressed with Leigh Matthews / Brisbane #afl

lions believe port has edge, good mates with Monfries, current success also attractive . I think Brisbane obviously still right in frame
Once that meetings done based on how previous presentation attempts have gone with Polec/White etc i'm expecting we'll go from having the edge to all but sign, sealed & delivered. The club has been in great hands, it's a shame he couldn't be wowed by Ken in person.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back