Relationship between buddy and his ex team mates

Remove this Banner Ad

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was an interesting reaction all season from the hawks players but particularly on GF day. Moments including roughead smashing the water bottle out of buddys hand to birchall giving him a lot of lip after a free kick said a bit. Was mentioned that he is in Lewis' wedding party in a few weeks but was just wondering if he has now tarnished a few friendships or it is all just business on the field and friendships off it.

All good mates I think, that's part of the reason there so many words during games. Like any mates they are getting stuck into each other.

However buddy looked far from impressed with lake when he appeared to call him a f**** c***

All good mates I think, that's part of the reason there so many words during games. Like any mates they are getting stuck into each other.

However buddy looked far from impressed with lake when he appeared to call him a f**** c***
Lake and Franklin were only together at the club for a year do I doubt they're close mates. The elbow/forearm into the back of the head isn't something a mate would've done.

But with the other incidents, definitely nothing in it other than gamesmanship. Let him know or think he's always going to be under pressure.

Yeah it's a different thing there isn't it. Lewis, Rough, Birch, Hodge....all long time mates.

Lake was a one season team mate after years of being the direct opponent. Makes perfect sense that the relationship isn't the same there.

Lake and Franklin were only together at the club for a year do I doubt they're close mates. The elbow/forearm into the back of the head isn't something a mate would've done.

But with the other incidents, definitely nothing in it other than gamesmanship. Let him know or think he's always going to be under pressure.
Don't agree have played footy against mates and did stuff to them I wouldn't against strangers. All good fun, and laugh about it now.

They still love him like a brother I reckon, but once they step onto the field they find more brotherly ways to express it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riewoldt did it to Dal Santo this year and they are definitely still mates.
People read way too much into things.

Nah they are good mates, things can get heated on the footy field even playing against mates. As soon as the game was over theyd be all good again.

My understanding is that Budd is still very close with his Hawk buuddies and hasn't formed that many tight relatioships with his Swans team-mates.

im sure franklin and gibson will still be invloved in group activity in the early hours of the morning
Who would want to leave Delta out in the cold?

delta_renee_josh.jpg

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if Buddy had gone at Lake (or vice versa) would the Hawks boys have "flown the flag" or stayed out because they are mates?

Was an interesting reaction all season from the hawks players but particularly on GF day. Moments including roughead smashing the water bottle out of buddys hand to birchall giving him a lot of lip after a free kick said a bit. Was mentioned that he is in Lewis' wedding party in a few weeks but was just wondering if he has now tarnished a few friendships or it is all just business on the field and friendships off it.

You obviously don't have brothers :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back