Relationship between buddy and his ex team mates

Remove this Banner Ad

He hates them now!
Besides, he has Jessinta.

Who needs mates.;)

I should say, that after being very unsure at the start of the year when we recruited Buddy, that he has won me over with his work ethic throughout the year.

He had us scratching our heads when he crashed the car & with all the bad media coming left right & centre but he has answered his critics in a way that no other sports person could have done better. If anything, he thrived on being questioned & as a Swan supporter, in no way do I question his output in the GF as he was quite easily our best player for the limited opportunity he was given from up the ground.

I' m sure his ex Hawk team mates would actually respect the fella more after watching him try his guts out the other day. Supporters like us take things to heart when our players move for 'bigger' things but they don't really change the way they feel about someone unless they are jealous & the Hawk players have nothing to be jealous of with Buddy because they won on the big day.

I love the Bud, always have.
I was disappointed in how he left (approaching Sydney after the GF loss) but I can understand why he did it.

Hope he continues to play well and hope Sydney continues to fail

Edit - I feel much the same about Kennedy.

I'm sure Melbourne supporters will hope you fail should you land Frawley after playing in the last 3 GFs.

It happens.

It always has. We would never have even picked up Buddy if FA wasn't brought in.

Them's the times now!

I'm sure Melbourne supporters will hope you fail should you land Frawley after playing in the last 3 GFs.

It happens.

It always has. We would never have even picked up Buddy if FA wasn't brought in.

Them's the times now!

Don't read too much into it. I hope all teams fail

They are still great mates. Pretty obvious to see. Lake probably not so much as only a year relationship and Brian didnt really play much of the first half of the 2013 season. All will be forgotten off the field.

Lake is a turd.

554804-783f3cbe-4612-11e4-a514-3305f3826c2d.jpg

084887-37d1ac30-46d4-11e4-9bb4-d8c2ecaf4782.jpg

This is a professional sport. Not one hawthorn player would be even remotely questioning his decision to move. Lets face it for $1.1m a year every hawthorn player would have gone too and they know it. Same with gaz at geelong.

There are plenty of friendships across club lines, blokes who played jnrs together, blokes who have met thru appearances and get on, met thru mutual friends, met out on the town etc etc.

Also plenty of guys that dont get on playing for the same club. Yes, even hawthorn.

I love the Bud, always have.
I was disappointed in how he left (approaching Sydney after the GF loss) but I can understand why he did it.

Hope he continues to play well and hope Sydney continues to fail

Edit - I feel much the same about Kennedy.

I'm the same -
Didn't blame him for leaving. Would have struggled to even leave his house in Melbourne due to the fanfare he got.

Fantastic player and I still love watching him.

Premiership glory is overrated for players. Nick Riewoldt and Mat Pavlich wouldn't be trading their careers for Spangher's any time soon.

Ha ha, it had to be a Melbourne supporter!
Nick & Matt would give their right arm for a premiership.

Ever seen your team win a Premiership?

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His good mates are still his good mates.
The blokes he wasn't that close to, don't like him any more or less than they did before.
The blokes who he didn't get on with were glad to see the back of him.

Premiership glory is overrated for players. Nick Riewoldt and Mat Pavlich wouldn't be trading their careers for Spangher's any time soon.

Yeah, nothing better than getting Mad Monday and the B&F out of the way in early September. More time for Bali.

Lordy.

Why would Hawthorn supporters hate Franklin. They wouldn't have won that 2008 premiership without him. He didn't leave for money, he left for anonymity. God forbid somebody want to live somewhere where they can have some privacy.

Why would Hawthorn supporters hate Franklin. They wouldn't have won that 2008 premiership without him. He didn't leave for money, he left for anonymity. God forbid somebody want to live somewhere where they can have some privacy.

I don't hate Buddy - I still love the guy. But he did go a rival team very much in their premiership window. If he'd gone to your mob, I'm sure most Hawthorn people would be happy with the decision. As for the point regarding anonymity? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The day he was signed by the Swans was one of the biggest media events of last year. Total football ignoramuses (hello Channel 9) are suddenly Aussie Rules fans and it's due to his profile. He left for money and the chance at another flag.

I don't think any of us hate Buddy, just like you said.
We don't like how he left though.

But lets not kid ourselves why he left. It wasn't anonymity. He just signed with a celebrity management agency, ditching his football management. That doesn't scream 'I want privacy'.

He could have gone to GWS for cash, I think (about 90% sure) they were offering more cash than Sydney. Sydney weren't even offering more than us in the end (if they did it wasn't much).

He went to get out of Melbourne, still be in premiership contention and earn a load of cash

I want to beat my mates at everything and vice versa, dont think on field will ever indicate the relationship, if anything heat of battle they probably like going head to head and are less likely to be annoyed he left for that moment and focused more on getting one up on him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back