[RELEASED] Premiership Coach 2010: 2014 Season Lists

Remove this Banner Ad

The lists have a very major problem. You have not included the trades of the past couple seasons.
Also, since I am starting with the original base2010 lists, and I'm lazy and only intending on using this list for fantasy drafts anyway, I will be leaving all players who have switched clubs since 2010 and are still playing in the AFL at their base2010 clubs.

Please read the original post before saying things.

G'day gents.
Can anyone help me source a copy of the 2010 game.
Dead H/D and no backup coupled with a computer change has left me wanting.

Not sure if I can get it to work if I can get a copy ( I have my purchase email and info still)
But I'd love to get my hands dirty with this game again..

Cheers for any help

G'day gents.
Can anyone help me source a copy of the 2010 game.
Dead H/D and no backup coupled with a computer change has left me wanting.

Not sure if I can get it to work if I can get a copy ( I have my purchase email and info still)
But I'd love to get my hands dirty with this game again..

Cheers for any help

Same here guys. My other PC is long gone and I miss this game. Did have the 2011 gane but that was also on the other PC.

yes, That's where you find them trying to offload a player in the trade period.

It shows the what each team's cap room is and how much it will cost them to re-sign their current list. Teams that don't have the money their will put up their good players for trade, or you'll see them pop up after they've been de-listed.

The AI isn't really that smart in that area so it's quite easy to score a good player very cheap.

2010 doesn't work like 2011 though. In 2010 it gets near impossible to trade with CPUs. They go over the cap too easily and instead of offloading players in trades they wait till after trade period and delist their players.

Hey I have never had afl
As some of you may know, I'm working on 2014 lists designed entirely in Premiership Coach 2010. I know that the 2011 lists that are converted to work on 2010 never work past the 3rd season. For the lists, I'm making it fairly more gameplay-centric, with every (I think) player having at least a 75 peak (since they rarely if ever reach their peak). Also, since I am starting with the original base2010 lists, and I'm lazy and only intending on using this list for fantasy drafts anyway, I will be leaving all players who have switched clubs since 2010 and are still playing in the AFL at their base2010 clubs. Then I am deleting all players from that club who are not still playing. Lastly, I will be deleting a few players from the competition to make way for the entire Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney teams. Then just making all current players who aren't in the lists already. So all of those who have been drafted since 2010 and still play.

The final update to this, where I add GC, GWS and three St Kilda players I managed to miss in the game, will be released today sometime, once I've finished rating the new players.

Btw these lists are untested past the start of a new career. It seems the goals and games career records are bugged or affected by what I've done, they show 8 players IIRC in total. Lastly, I know Joel Houghton doesn't play anymore. But I've had good luck with him in past playthroughs of 2010, if you'd rather him out of the game, simply delete him. And Sam Reid plus another player on Bulldogs are actually from different clubs, even before 2010. I have no idea why this is, but as I said, these are designed for fantasy drafts and as such, I will leave them both there.

One more thing, at least in my game, Sydney as a club with an icon do not show in the Editor. You must use the all clubs and sort by club to find Sydney. I don't know why this is either.

RELEASES:
W/Out GWS or GC (WORKS): http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8s9p54ajkkvqfb/user_Base2011.zip
W/ GWS AND GC (DOESN'T WORK): http://www.mediafire.com/download/uwdfwjva4wizi5p/user_Base2011.zip
W/ SOME GWS + GC (WORKS): http://www.mediafire.com/download/6vdi60n60kzhg8w/user_Base2011.zip

For the last one, you should be able to just remove the (2) next to the folder once downloaded, and hopefully it will work. If not, I'll upload it to a new folder in my mediafire.

Hey how can I downloaded this game have never played it before

RELEASES:
W/Out GWS or GC (WORKS): http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8s9p54ajkkvqfb/user_Base2011.zip
W/ GWS AND GC (DOESN'T WORK): http://www.mediafire.com/download/uwdfwjva4wizi5p/user_Base2011.zip
W/ SOME GWS + GC (WORKS): http://www.mediafire.com/download/6vdi60n60kzhg8w/user_Base2011.zip

For the last one, you should be able to just remove the (2) next to the folder once downloaded, and hopefully it will work. If not, I'll upload it to a new folder in my mediafire.[/QUOTE]

H

2010 doesn't work like 2011 though. In 2010 it gets near impossible to trade with CPUs. They go over the cap too easily and instead of offloading players in trades they wait till after trade period and delist their players.

Okay, a little off topic here, but this seems to be where all the PC 2010 people are. I play other sport managment games and sometimes they have a very social section on their forums where peole who play the games share ideas on what strategies,tactics and all general things to do and things to avoid that worked well in the games they played and i was just wondering if we could start one up here for the 2010 crowd and maybe the 2011 lot as well. I know i should be starting a new topic but i haven't the foggiest how to do that so i piggy backed this conversation instead. I am a liitle bit new to the game so any help would be fantastic.

Skanky1

Okay, a little off topic here, but this seems to be where all the PC 2010 people are. I play other sport managment games and sometimes they have a very social section on their forums where peole who play the games share ideas on what strategies,tactics and all general things to do and things to avoid that worked well in the games they played and i was just wondering if we could start one up here for the 2010 crowd and maybe the 2011 lot as well. I know i should be starting a new topic but i haven't the foggiest how to do that so i piggy backed this conversation instead. I am a liitle bit new to the game so any help would be fantastic.

Skanky1

I WILL RESPOND TO MYSELF WITH THIS INFORMATION THAT I HAVE SEEN ONLINE AND ALSO RECEIVED FROM OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN VERY KIND TO IMPART THEIR EXPERIENCES. I ONCE SAW ON A VERY OBSCURE CHAT ROOM A VERY INTEReSTING BIT OF INFORMATION IN REGARDS TO TRAINING FOR PREMIERSHIP COACH 2010. IT WAS A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THE GAME DESIGNER AND MANTA MEDIA REPRESENTATIVE, THE DESIGNER SAID "TO AVOID INJURY, MAKE SURE IN THE FIRST SLOT OF TRAINING SCHEDULE, CHOOSE MASSAGE/PHYSIO AS THIS LOADS UP WITH MANY POSITIVE BLOCKS(YELLOWSQUARE WITH RED CROSS I THINK) TO COUNTERACT THE NEGATIVE ONES(WHITE SQUARE WITH RED CROSS). PERHAPS SOME OF YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS ONE. ANYWAY HERE IS SOME OF THE OTHER INFORMATION I HAVE GAINED. FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR OWN KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCES.

PLAYERS TO GET

Basically with the game your best assets are getting midfielders who can kick goals, dual midfielders (can play inside or outside ) and contested marking forwards. If you get those things they are the keys to being successful really. Also watching your salary cap because it's easy to go over. Try and draft a few KPP/ ruck in the drafts so if they don't develop the way you want they are worth more as trade bait for other clubs. Depending on which club you go might depend on your offseason moves in terms of trading and delisting. You can win a premiership within a year if you really want to completely change your list but team chemistry is also important and success means the players want bigger contracts.

A player's Tall/Small Forward/Back Outside/Inside ratings are all determined by the 20 or so attributes a player has, for instance X-Factor will make a player a better small forward.

As you get better at the game, you'll learn to use these attributes to decide on a player's position rather than their rating in a given position. For instance, I often put a good inside midfielder who can mark on the lead into the forward pocket and they can kick bags of goals.

COACHES TO HIRE

I just try and make sure all areas are covered. So with your coaches, get coaches who are say "elite" in one area so they can train the different aspects (goal kicking, ball getting, clearances, tackling etc.). All areas are pretty important but again it depends on your game day tactics as to which to focus on more

TRAINING

If you want a strong defensive team, then perhaps put more emphasis on tackling, rebounding and spoiling whereas attacking would be skills, ball getting, goal kicking etc. I usually try and cover all the bases that way.

TRADING

In terms of trading: Get One (preferably more) of Patrick Dangerfield, Brett Deledio and Chris Dawes as soon as possible. Dangerfield is the best on this game, and Deledio is the most versatile, being able to play anywhere in the midfield, on a half forward flank, or as a third tall, and will kick 30+ goals every year, no matter what. Dawes is better than what he should be. Constant Coleman Medal chance, and kicks a large amount of goals for someone of his stats.

DRAFTING

Also the best way of knowing which draftees to recruit is when you have your 20 interviews. You interview players for positions you're likely to need and if any of them say "Poor" in important matches or training then probably give them a miss. Likewise if they aren't determined or their loyalty is looking for money.

One thing I noticed though, is when you draft inside midfielders, make sure that their OUTSIDE rating is equal to, or up to 10 less than their inside rating, as I have found, in most cases, if the difference is 11 or more, they don't seem to perform as well as what they could. Same is reverse for Outside players.

For example: Inside Rating of 76, his outside should be 66 or higher.

Players who have high ratings in a variety of positions are also very handy. If you can draft someone who has a rating of 68+ in 3 or more positions, draft him. I have found these guys tend to be guns.

For example: Inside midfielder rating of 76, Outside midfielder rating of 68, Small Forward rating of 69.

Tall Forwards, Tall Defenders, Ruckman and Inside Midfielders should be your main focus at drafting no matter what. They are so rarely good, when you find one that's good, snatch it

TEAM POSITIONING

Other than that, have a Tall Forward at Full Forward and CHF, with a Tall Forward who can play Ruckman at Right Forward Pocket. Have small forwards at both Half Flanks, and either another Tall Forward or a Small Forward at Left Forward Pocket. For your Backline, have Tall Defenders at FB, CHB and either Back Pockets. Have Small Defenders set to Run off their player at both Half Flanks. Have another small defender at the other back pocket. Have Inside Midfielders at Centre and Rover (the one at rover set to play as an Inside Midfielder), and have Outside midfielders on the wings and Ruck Rover. If you can get a good Inside and outside midfielder, perfect. For the bench, have one Ruckman, a Utility (someone who can play more than two positions, probably look at any outside and inside midfielder you have), a Defender who can play small or tall, and a forward who can play small or tall. So try and put a few of your better players on the bench, they are usually the ones who can play multiple positions.

No way is this an ultimate guide, its just some knowledge from other people, like i said i`m brand new to this game and would just like to hear what other people found what worked and what did not.

Skanky1

Good work Skanky, I'm always interested to read how other players play the game. I totally agree that multi position players are vital to building a premiership team.

Have you had much success with the strategies you have outlined?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge is another one who can play anywhere well. Shane Savage is the best 3rd tall forward in the game; trust me. He will always get 15+ possessions and 3 goals.

When I do get him I usually have to offer first round pick + young player with good potential... Worth it though if in your premiership window.
Yeah, silly question I guess, it's the same with Hurley (trade wise).

In PC2011, Charlie Dixon is a great and relatively cheap pick up, he is usually good for 2 goals and 10+ hitouts a game.

Good work Skanky, I'm always interested to read how other players play the game. I totally agree that multi position players are vital to building a premiership team.

Have you had much success with the strategies you have outlined?

Sorry about the late response. Its hard to say if i have had success with these strategies as i play every game so it can take a-while to actually get anywhere in a season,i also noticed recently that i had been playing on the "easy" setting so but these hints and tips have helped me personally as i am new to the game and also somewhat new to the sport. I still have many questions about the match side of the game, assessing opposition, and then counteracting them, when to use long ball as opposed to short handball etc, how to choose the best captain, stuff like that. Also recently i found this guide by "Lammy" which actually apllies to PC 2011(me being one of those muppets who has the game but got it after the registration site went down.) but looks it like can be applied to PC 2010 as well. So i am starting again combining that guide with what i have gathered so far.

Here is the link for Lammys Guide. Have a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...v1-2-for-premiership-coach-2011.975868/page-2

It is about three quarters of the way down the page.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back