Rep footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought i'd stir things up on the RDFL forum, prior to the interleague game this weekend..............

ON THEIR FORUM
putting yesterdays incident aside, i am looking forward to seeing the SFL absolutely towel up the RDFL rep side.

Far more talent will be on the park for the SFL. Maybe once we dispose of your league, they will give us quality opposition in the form of the Ammo's or the EFL.

What are people's margins for this game? SFL a shoe-in?

Have i read this correctly? If so you must be the most delusional person on earth. The SFL wouldn't get within 30 goals of the EFL or VAFA rep. sides.

Have i read this correctly? If so you must be the most delusional person on earth. The SFL wouldn't get within 30 goals of the EFL or VAFA rep. sides.
read the whole post especially the first line.....as for not getting within 30 goals don't get too excited you can only have 18 players on the ground at one time.....the depth of talent runs deeper in those comps but the best 21 from each there's not going to be a 30 goal diff...just my opinion anyne else have any thoughts??

I'm just curious as to some rules that the AFL have changed and local comps not adopted, in the RDFL we can kick the ball in immediately after a signal, but we have not adpoted the rushed behind rule as the Ammos have. Are there any rules that the SFL have adopted and haven't.

I'm just curious as to some rules that the AFL have changed and local comps not adopted, in the RDFL we can kick the ball in immediately after a signal, but we have not adpoted the rushed behind rule as the Ammos have. Are there any rules that the SFL have adopted and haven't.

I think that the kick in straight after the the signal was being used in the St Kilda Dingley match on Saturday, I'm sure I saw Bruno for the Saints bring it straight back in a couple of times.

Another interesting decision I saw was a "pushing" free kick paid against St Kilda City in front of the cage? Dingley player was running with the ball and bloke from St Kilda pushed him over the boundary line, hands no where near his back, I think both teams ran back for the ball in and the bloke in orange pulls this one out. Are the umps just making it up as they go along?

Have i said anything about beating the EFL or VAFA???.....no

All i said is that they would be much better opposition, and as someone else posted, the best 21 of SFL vs best 21 of EFL or Ammo's wouldn't result in a 30 goal drubbing as you have stated.

Delusional would be me still thinking that my boys Richmond still have a chance at winning the flag this year~!

Read my post in full, before you start sprouting shiiiit.

read the whole post especially the first line.....as for not getting within 30 goals don't get too excited you can only have 18 players on the ground at one time.....the depth of talent runs deeper in those comps but the best 21 from each there's not going to be a 30 goal diff...just my opinion anyne else have any thoughts??

Spot on, a bit like St Pauls vs St Kilda City.......St Kilda city has more depth, but if the St Pauls best 21 vs St Kilda City best 21 are playing, its a lot closer affair.

Have i said anything about beating the EFL or VAFA???.....no

All i said is that they would be much better opposition, and as someone else posted, the best 21 of SFL vs best 21 of EFL or Ammo's wouldn't result in a 30 goal drubbing as you have stated.

Delusional would be me still thinking that my boys Richmond still have a chance at winning the flag this year~!

Read my post in full, before you start sprouting shiiiit.

Er, have a good think about it. The reason The SFL is playing the RDFL is because they are not competitive against the other metro comps, EFL, EDFL, NFL and WRFL!

The last time you played the EFL, around '97 or '98 you were smashed by 25 goals! If my memory is correct the SFL managed 1 paltry goal in junk time, and hardly got the ball over the centre. The EFL is now at least 15 goals superior in standard now, the SFL 15 goals inferior in standard now! Unable to beat the VAFA lower grade rep. sides. I think i'm being generous with the 30 goals, realistically the margin would be far greater. I've seen the 3 comps. mentioned and believe me the difference in standard is astronomical.

So who's the the one sprouting shite now!

In no way am i denigrating the SFL player's, i am stating simple facts. The SFL are non-competitive against the stronger leagues,and would be humiliated by any of the afore-mentioned competitions. I think it's great that they have found a competition to be able to play interleague and wish both leagues the best of luck.

Er, have a good think about it. The reason The SFL is playing the RDFL is because they are not competitive against the other metro comps, EFL, EDFL, NFL and WRFL!

The last time you played the EFL, around '97 or '98 you were smashed by 25 goals! If my memory is correct the SFL managed 1 paltry goal in junk time, and hardly got the ball over the centre. The EFL is now at least 15 goals superior in standard now, the SFL 15 goals inferior in standard now! Unable to beat the VAFA lower grade rep. sides. I think i'm being generous with the 30 goals, realistically the margin would be far greater. I've seen the 3 comps. mentioned and believe me the difference in standard is astronomical.

In no way am i denigrating the SFL player's, i am stating simple facts. The SFL are non-competitive against the stronger leagues,and would be humiliated by any of the afore-mentioned competitions. I think it's great that they have found a competition to be able to play interleague and wish both leagues the best of luck.

You lost some credibility when you said that SFL is 15 goals worse now than 12 years ago Cat. This indicates to me you haven't seen much SFL footy lately. You'll probably tell me you saw a game last year and it was crap or something like that, I'm sure there are crap games every week in any comp.
And I don't really rate one guys hypothesis that a league is 15 goals better or worse than a decade ago as a simple 'fact' - more a subjective opinion.
For what it's worth, I don't think SFL would challenge EFL or Ammos (also think 30 goals is probably overkill) but there are still some fairly decent players running around that would be top players in any competition (and have been at AFL/VFL level). You can only pick 22 remember.
But enjoy the waft of superiority from up on your high-horse. If it helps you sleep who are we to argue. Just don't come on here and sh*t-can our comp and expect no-one to take umbridge.

Where would you place the SFL divisions in comparison to say NFL div1 & 2 or the EDFL divisions. I would be interested to see where those passionate about the SFL and those that have seen different comps have to say.

You lost some credibility when you said that SFL is 15 goals worse now than 12 years ago Cat. This indicates to me you haven't seen much SFL footy lately. You'll probably tell me you saw a game last year and it was crap or something like that, I'm sure there are crap games every week in any comp.
And I don't really rate one guys hypothesis that a league is 15 goals better or worse than a decade ago as a simple 'fact' - more a subjective opinion.
For what it's worth, I don't think SFL would challenge EFL or Ammos (also think 30 goals is probably overkill) but there are still some fairly decent players running around that would be top players in any competition (and have been at AFL/VFL level). You can only pick 22 remember.
But enjoy the waft of superiority from up on your high-horse. If it helps you sleep who are we to argue. Just don't come on here and sh*t-can our comp and expect no-one to take umbridge.

No i'll stick by my 15 goals worse, you lost your two supersides to the EFL. Go and watch EFL Ist Div. or VAFA A grade, without any bias and it will confirm that my opinion is correct. The informed consensus is that SFL Div.1 falls somewhere in between EFL Div.2 & 3 standard. I do agree that the SFL have some good player's, but would suffer from not playing pressure games on a weekly basis. Don't know what you're on about, superiority and high-horse? I enjoy watching football full-stop. Just stating fact, the reason you don't play interleague against the better comps. is that the SFL can't compete with these comps. Take the blinker's off and get over it.

The SFL has changed dramatically since that game, with a large influx of players helping increase the level of standard.

The top few teams in SFL Div 1 would definately muster together enough players, with the help of the best few from other teams, to get a team which would by no means get smashed off the park.

Look at the players that could run around for the SFL......Poyas, Ward, Rafferty, Mercoulia, Attard, Walsh etc. All of which have played either AFL or VFL.

Not to mention a host of others who would make the cut.

Funny how some leagues think they are so far above everyone else.

No i'll stick by my 15 goals worse, you lost your two supersides to the EFL. Go and watch EFL Ist Div. or VAFA A grade, without any bias and it will confirm that my opinion is correct. The informed consensus is that SFL Div.1 falls somewhere in between EFL Div.2 & 3 standard. I do agree that the SFL have some good player's, but would suffer from not playing pressure games on a weekly basis. Don't know what you're on about, superiority and high-horse? I enjoy watching football full-stop. Just stating fact, the reason you don't play interleague against the better comps. is that the SFL can't compete with these comps. Take the blinker's off and get over it.

Granted there is a lot more depth and decent players running around in the EFL and VAFA, but as we stated earlier, you can only have 22 playing, and some of us genuinely believe that our best 22 would be competitive.

You have to remember that a lot of the guys i mentioned before, would be starters in VAFA div 1 or EFL div 1 sides. So who is to say that they wouldn't match it with the like in an interleague match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Collegians v Old Brighton on the weekend because I like to remain 'unbiased' and contribute to the 'informed consensus'. It's different footy, bit quicker, less congested, less physical (not many grounds like Elsternwick Park in SFL). Certainly didn't get a 'wow, these guys are good' sense in comparison. Plenty of floaters/poor decisions being made. Comparable to a top 3-4 standard SFL game. The difference is the bottom sides in SFL would have been wiped by these sides, and any other VAFA A - where the comp is much more deep and even.
As for the question of other comps (NFL/WRFL) I have less knowledge. But 'informed consensus' would also have them a fair rung below EFL and VAFA as far as I'm aware. Being from Geelong can you elaborate?

Look at the players that could run around for the SFL......Poyas, Ward, Rafferty, Mercoulia, Attard, Walsh etc. All of which have played either AFL or VFL.

Put this up against R Harvey, B Voss, M Robbins, S Loewe, T Brown, S Beaumont. All 100+ gamers in AFL now playing B Section VAFA.

Your list looks a little light on, dosn't it

Get some prespective.

The SFL has changed dramatically since that game, with a large influx of players helping increase the level of standard.

The top few teams in SFL Div 1 would definately muster together enough players, with the help of the best few from other teams, to get a team which would by no means get smashed off the park.

Not to mention a host of others who would make the cut.

Funny how some leagues think they are so far above everyone else.

Rafferty, hahahahahahahahahahah. goes alright, but do not list him as an SFL elite please.

And as much as I love Wardy, he was a tagger at best in the AFL, poyas by his own admissions wasn't up to AFL.

I agree, SFL would get smashed by any other league. And this is due to there being no competition for the top sides, and the bottom sides in Div 1 could only offer 1 or 2 players. Our division 2 and 3 is pityful. The league needs to be revamped, and very soon before it completely folds.

Rafferty, hahahahahahahahahahah. goes alright, but do not list him as an SFL elite please.

And as much as I love Wardy, he was a tagger at best in the AFL, poyas by his own admissions wasn't up to AFL.

I agree, SFL would get smashed by any other league. And this is due to there being no competition for the top sides, and the bottom sides in Div 1 could only offer 1 or 2 players. Our division 2 and 3 is pityful. The league needs to be revamped, and very soon before it completely folds.

what does this comment even mean? i implore you to explain to me how we can revamp a whole league, or why it is necessary?

i really dont see what is so wrong with the league, who cares if we'd get pumped by by other leagues, does it reallllly matter? Like really?

We have 3 divisions of football, a colts just started up and a thirds as well which many leagues don't accommodate for. hundreds of blokes get to play footy every week, what is so wrong with that?

Couldn't agree more. Who gives a stuff if another comp on the other side of the city rolls us. It's not a reflection on our comp itself. No interleague side will ever consist of it's best side on paper. Dingoes have a 30 seater heading down there for a piss up this weekend hopefully a cracker game.

If you actually paid attention to the happenings of the league, you would know that the Colts comp is strictly under 19's (may be under 18s), and the Thirds comp is for those clubs that have enough players missing a game in the reserves to field a 3rd side, but are too old to play colts. Thought the distinction would have been pretty obvious, even to a neanderthal like yourself.

Do we have any news on the final side? Positions / Captains etc. Anyone who is in the side or in the know give us the news.... I'll be making the trip up and looking forward to it.

Put this up against R Harvey, B Voss, M Robbins, S Loewe, T Brown, S Beaumont. All 100+ gamers in AFL now playing B Section VAFA.

Your list looks a little light on, dosn't it

Get some prespective.
brett voss tony brown simon beaumont haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back