Competition Retail Logo of the Fortnight - Round 0 - RLotF Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the first (read, 0th) edition of Retail Logo of the Fortnight. I'll be your host for this competition.

Each fortnight, contestants will be given a basic design brief and are then to create a logo for a fictional retail store that they have invented. The brief would be something like "A Pet Shop" and users would come up with their own name, own brand and own identity. "Akkap's Cats and Dogs", "Stormy's Pets" or "Dylan's Fish Bowl" and each can have their own unique colours, styles, etc, etc. It's completely open-ended and up to the designer. This round, however, the brief is not a retail store, but rather it is to design a logo for this very competition! Thanks Bryce_Jersey17 for this suggestion.

The winner of this round gets to choose the design brief for the next round.

There is one rule - all artwork must be made by you. Drawing inspiration from other pieces of work is fine, so long as you draw everything yourself and give credit where credit is due.

Entries must be posted in this thread. I'm not fussed about entry size or presentation. Present it however you think looks best. I'll have this open for a week and then I'll run a poll for another week.

Best of luck,

Competition host,
Stewart2Austin

Without further ado, I put forth my own entry.

fcNmbnz.png

*** NOT AN ENTRY ***

75463_7ff89e97dee140eb97a0c0c72dd5943c.jpg

The picture from the competition thread for the new logo. If someone needed to use it.
That's what I used in mine.

It's a jpeg though, unfortunately.

where does it go?
Not in this one. Like, at all. Any other thread on the entire board would be more relevant and appropriate than this one.

This is like posting an awkward flirting story in the RIP Phil Hughes thread. It just doesn't fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An idea. This features four major factors on this board. The paintbrushes for design and creativity (also lmach and someone else has badges of a paintbrush), guernsey for the major idea of the board, a VFL style football symbol as the AFL is the major sport and socks thanks to Dylan8's favourite things. These are on three popular logo elements around the world- a shield, a roundel and the ribbon with text. All done with the three BigFooty colours.

Round 0 Logo.png

EDIT: I realised its meant to be "Fortnight" instead of "Week". Will fix soon

Last edited:
It doesn't matter too much. The thread titles will say 'fortnight' but the image doesn't necessarily have to match.

Anyway, giving this 24 hours for any other entries, otherwise I'm going to completely bypass the poll process and declare Brycey the winner.

Also, I'm one of the guys, along with lmach and cory, with a paintbrush

It doesn't matter too much. The thread titles will say 'fortnight' but the image doesn't necessarily have to match.

Anyway, giving this 24 hours for any other entries, otherwise I'm going to completely bypass the poll process and declare Brycey the winner.

Also, I'm one of the guys, along with lmach and cory, with a paintbrush
That's who I was thinking of. Cory. I couldn't remember who had it originally.

When did you get one? And also, how?

That's who I was thinking of. Cory. I couldn't remember who had it originally.

When did you get one? And also, how?
Chief gave me one because I made the Port players sponsor badges, that's the official reason. But also unofficially because he liked my designs.

I have a couple of designs for consideration. I've rushed them a bit to get in before the deadline but I think one of them at least has turned out fairly decent.

I used retail elements as my inspiration for both. The first one is designed to look like and old style sign that you would find out the front of many retail shops with the name of the store on it. The second is supposed to be a shopping bag. Anyways, here they are...

Retail%20Logo%20OTF%20Sign.png

Retail%20Logo%20OTF%20Bag.png

I have a couple of designs for consideration. I've rushed them a bit to get in before the deadline but I think one of them at least has turned out fairly decent.

I used retail elements as my inspiration for both. The first one is designed to look like and old style sign that you would find out the front of many retail shops with the name of the store on it. The second is supposed to be a shopping bag. Anyways, here they are...

Retail%20Logo%20OTF%20Sign.png

Retail%20Logo%20OTF%20Bag.png
I like the paper bag one :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back