Richards to Sydney. Done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mead said:
I mean seriously, Essendon have their 51 first choices impeccably mapped out, but after that there's a huge drop off in talent?

If you can do it, why not.

But I think we have just done it to annoy Sydney when we on-trade it for a player anyway.

****ing Yoda!!!

Can we hire Sheeds for trade week only?

Longy413 said:
Yep. Exactly what we have done.
And in effect lost a player who wanted to leave, and gained one who wants to play for us.

Now we just needs Haynes for pick 40 to come through and we can mark it down as a success.

If we get Pendlebury with pick 19, Marcuz's gf's sister better watch out ;)

What have i started... :D

I thought Richards wanted to leave for more opportunities elsewhere. Where is he going to slot into the Sydney line-up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Bombers on a good deal. Pick 19 definitely a little over the odds. Still, he will be a good asset for Sydney with his height and athleticism down back.

swansrule100 said:
he will be a handy fringe player in sydney, maybe because essendon are rubbish we decided they needed draft help.

I think richards will work out ok

He gives you another tall defender...you may have paid a little over the odds for him but he'll be good for you.

Nightwolf_69 said:
Jeese, do the Swans ever use a first round draft pick?

Who cares? They just won the frickin GF.

Whatever they are doing works for them.

i think teddy may find it a little hard to break into the side.. but he DEF got the talent to... regarding the pics we got fr him 19 and 51... well 19 i am rapt about.....and ppl saying who cares about 51... well remember that not all the 'guns' in the draft ar in the top 10 or around abouts... does a name JAMES HIRD at about pick 72 i think ring any bells!!!

Sheeds does it again, thats why I rate him as the best footy brain in the business, Ted Richards is a nobody, pick 19 for this guy is an absolute steal. I dont know why Richards wants to go to Sydney, he wont be in there best 22 thats for sure unless he plans on taking up rucking.

wizardofoz18 said:
i think teddy may find it a little hard to break into the side.. but he DEF got the talent to... regarding the pics we got fr him 19 and 51... well 19 i am rapt about.....and ppl saying who cares about 51... well remember that not all the 'guns' in the draft ar in the top 10 or around abouts... does a name JAMES HIRD at about pick 72 i think ring any bells!!!

has anyone questioned the stupidity of swapping picks 51 and 55 on top of swapping richards for pick 19 ????

just seems petty on sheedy's part to move from 55 to 51 at that stage of the draft

I will be keen to see who he drafts with his prized pick 51

krusher said:
has anyone questioned the stupidity of swapping picks 51 and 55 on top of swapping richards for pick 19 ????

just seems petty on sheedy's part to move from 55 to 51 at that stage of the draft

I will be keen to see who he drafts with his prized pick 51

In that case why do teams bother trading players for third and fourth round picks? If it is "petty" to put his team in a better position then so be it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back