SpudsLoveChild

Cancelled
May 17, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
49ers
What's your experience with the shop and products?

I'm a fan of the shop and the guys and gals that run it are always helpful if something goes wrong.
But it would be good to know what people think of different products.

If I have one bugbear it's that L and XL sizes disappear too quickly. Either the product managers need to order more in, or we need to go on a collective diet.

Anyone got the new members spray jacket?
I'm ordering one now as at $69 it looks a bargain.

IMO everything is too expensive, its ok if you only order one thing, but things like footy shorts etc are a ridiculous price, and a deterrent for anyone to buy,

I used the online store to buy the new media/training polo last week. My only gripe is that even with the members discount, I still could have got the polo (marginally) cheaper off the BLK website! Happy to shop at the club where they get all the profit, but it's a bit rich to mark-up items to above the manafacturers prices...

IMO everything is too expensive, its ok if you only order one thing, but things like footy shorts etc are a ridiculous price, and a deterrent for anyone to buy,
Yeah, I don't get the pricing on shorts and don't buy them - so the club loses out every time I buy off the rack shorts from Rebel.

Like a lot of sports merchandise it suffers from being hideously expensive.
However the problem the AFL has that some other sports don't, for example the NBA is that it's generally not socially acceptable to wear it outside of going to the games. It's hard to justify the cost of buying a $120+ jumper that I'll only wear 18~ times a year.

In saying that, a lot of this years merch is more subtle in the branding. This jumper in particular is pretty grouse and I wouldn't have a problem wearing it around normally. In fact i'll be making a trip into the store to pick one up this week.

http://shop.richmondfc.com.au/richmond-tigers-2015-mens-strong-bold-hoodie-83843.phtml

edit: one more mini rant, I'm 6'2 and 85kgs. I shouldn't have to buy a size small top damnit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's your experience with the shop and products?

I'm a fan of the shop and the guys and gals that run it are always helpful if something goes wrong.
But it would be good to know what people think of different products.

If I have one bugbear it's that L and XL sizes disappear too quickly. Either the product managers need to order more in, or we need to go on a collective diet.
Sorry spud, i buy alot of the L and XL gear :)

you really hate the BLK gear hey groupie, mine are looking ok after a few washes, maybe you should get mrs groupie to wash em for you :)
Mate, your everyday clothes come from k mart. Wouldn't expect you to be disappointed with the BLK quality :D

you really hate the BLK gear hey groupie, mine are looking ok after a few washes, maybe you should get mrs groupie to wash em for you :)
There's a Mrs Groupie? Christ, please don't breed.

Like a lot of sports merchandise it suffers from being hideously expensive.
However the problem the AFL has that some other sports don't, for example the NBA is that it's generally not socially acceptable to wear it outside of going to the games. It's hard to justify the cost of buying a $120+ jumper that I'll only wear 18~ times a year.

In saying that, a lot of this years merch is more subtle in the branding. This jumper in particular is pretty grouse and I wouldn't have a problem wearing it around normally. In fact i'll be making a trip into the store to pick one up this week.

Agree with this, I ended up having to buy from the AFL Store because the Club store doesn't sell the retro VFL hoodies anymore (think technically they have XS). Other than that the only real annoyance is the postage costs are pretty high, though not really a fan on most of the BLK branded gear / walking billboard style attire anyway.

Agree with this, I ended up having to buy from the AFL Store because the Club store doesn't sell the retro VFL hoodies anymore (think technically they have XS). Other than that the only real annoyance is the postage costs are pretty high, though not really a fan on most of the BLK branded gear / walking billboard style attire anyway.
Target have the vfl retro hoodies in black

Remove this Banner Ad

Back