Preview Richmond vs West Coast - 1:45pm Saturday the 6th of May @ The MCG - Desperate times call for desperate measures... or do they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fat Girl Dancing GIF by The Maury Show
Super Grand Deluxe Love Burger, just how I love them.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just quickly wanted to pop in, I was doing some digging through defensive stats as people on our board were talking about Weiters and Young and I found that your bloke Tylar Young has the 2nd best CDL (Contested Defensive Loss) percentage of the top 45 players by total CDOOO's (Contested Defensive One on Ones) this season.

He's at 12.5%, Sam Taylor is at like 5% but he is easily the best in the competition so far. For context, here are some very good defenders near him:
Weitering 16.7%
Sicily 14.3%
Moore 14.3%

I believe I saw he had a lower leg injury that kept him out this week, but I reckon he's one to watch moving forward. If he keeps this up then he and Gibcus will marshal that D50 for years to come.

Hey guys - just watched the Tigers train this morning at Punt Road, few grassed balls on the kicking drills, goal kicking drills was 50/50 goals scored, Prestia was moving well, the boys seemed relaxed and morale was good on the track. Dusty did a few extras when the main group left the oval and also Samson Ryan did some extras, concentrating on body positioning and marking the ball at the highest point.
We have got to cream the Eagles, get a win and inject some desperately needed confidence into the playing group, in preparation for next weeks game against Geelong.
Go Tigers…Raise The Fight…Eat Em Alive

Just quickly wanted to pop in, I was doing some digging through defensive stats as people on our board were talking about Weiters and Young and I found that your bloke Tylar Young has the 2nd best CDL (Contested Defensive Loss) percentage of the top 45 players by total CDOOO's (Contested Defensive One on Ones) this season.

He's at 12.5%, Sam Taylor is at like 5% but he is easily the best in the competition so far. For context, here are some very good defenders near him:
Weitering 16.7%
Sicily 14.3%
Moore 14.3%

I believe I saw he had a lower leg injury that kept him out this week, but I reckon he's one to watch moving forward. If he keeps this up then he and Gibcus will marshal that D50 for years to come.
Hes been surprisingly good for a first year. He's 2nd in the league for one percenters per game too from memory. He has certainly been thrown in the deep end as he has played on the likes of Tex, King and Naughton in his first handful of games.

Hey guys - just watched the Tigers train this morning at Punt Road, few grassed balls on the kicking drills, goal kicking drills was 50/50 goals scored, Prestia was moving well, the boys seemed relaxed and morale was good on the track. Dusty did a few extras when the main group left the oval and also Samson Ryan did some extras, concentrating on body positioning and marking the ball at the highest point.
We have got to cream the Eagles, get a win and inject some desperately needed confidence into the playing group, in preparation for next weeks game against Geelong.
Dusty doing extras? Surprising but good to hear!

Weitering 16.7%
Sicily 14.3%
Moore 14.3%

Great stats. Young is a great pick up. Defensively really really good, especially for a basically beginner player. His kicking will come over time. but great to see him doing so well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty is just a tiny amount off tearing games apart. I imagine it's frustrating to him that he is missing targets/goals, and not quite doing his thing as he is used to. Hope he clicks this game, then goes on a tear.

Not sure if this was always planned and that's why Miller remained in the side

Why do we insist on rushing players back???
I know we are struggling but jesus christ, I miss our old patient approach.
Players would be ready to go but we'd hold them back an extra week.

This is shocking injury management. What is happening to this club?

Weitering 16.7%
Sicily 14.3%
Moore 14.3%

He can also hit a key forward on the chest with a well weighted pass. He just needs to learn to be patient and wait until Ben King is playing for Richmond in 2025.

Why do we insist on rushing players back???
I know we are struggling but jesus christ, I miss our old patient approach.
Players would be ready to go but we'd hold them back an extra week.

This is shocking injury management. What is happening to this club?
Probably a smokescreen cos Soldo will be next to useless for weather conditions expected on Saturday

Probably a smokescreen cos Soldo will be next to useless for weather conditions expected on Saturday
I feel like that's a naive thing to say. We need to stop making excuses for the club in these situations. If he has re-injured his foot, that's a blight on his management and the club should be held to account.
Everyone will be happy with this change because ultimately we should never have been going in that tall to a game where it's going to be wet, but sometimes you need to look past that to see a consistent and glaring issue over the course of the past couple of seasons.

Are you for real !!!
You really comparing the performances of the 2 players and believe they were the same level fmd
Yep very real. Are you? Why are you changing the goal posts and comparing their games now instead of defensive pressure which is what you were banging on about originally? Couldn’t hang him on being Ballards direct opponent so now you switch to overall game so you can smash him on that. Lol

When Cumberland kicks goals people like you bemoan the “yeah but what about his defensive pressure” line, but when others do, it doesn’t matter bc the rest of their game was good. Talk about hypocrisy!!

Averages can be misleading.
George brought something we're lacking.Pressure in the fwd half.
Ironic how bad we're now which use to be our 1 wood and the one bloke who was good at was hounded into retirement.
Cumbo has more talent and goal sense than George but he doesn't have the tank or the experience atm too be effective for more than a qtr.
Hounded in retirement?????

George's skills deteriorated. Kicking especially. I just thought he needed to work on that in the VFL, and/or ask not be played as a permanent small fwd. Terrible position. Do a D Rioli and play back for a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back