Riverina FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigers got close to Gullie last week were Gullie down on form or tigers played well tigers apear to have a few injuries at the wrong time of the year are they going to play on the weekend .
Any word on coach replacments ??

I think both games are going to be close. Narrandera and coolamon by 4 goals in each game. Only the ones they have mentioned in the paper. Looks like mango will be searching after today's story. Who are some players we should be looking out for in the finals? Curtis Steele is an obvious one. Big Aumann from Narrandera will have a big finals series I think so look out for him

good game in ordinary conditions at narranderra yesterday, pity about the crowd. more there to watch the ressie's than ones. a poor reflection on both clubs supporters. spoke to a few gullie blokes who said they would have gone if played in wagga. should the league be more flexible on final venues? in saying that narranderra looked a picture, a surface that the gullie could only dream about.

good game in ordinary conditions at narranderra yesterday, pity about the crowd. more there to watch the ressie's than ones. a poor reflection on both clubs supporters. spoke to a few gullie blokes who said they would have gone if played in wagga. should the league be more flexible on final venues? in saying that narranderra looked a picture, a surface that the gullie could only dream about.
Just when you think GGGM may be vulnerable, they come out and destroy their nearest contender. Are they now the greatest club in RFL history?

seen more than one favourite come unstuck. they still have to win it, i dont care what the odds are if they win it they can than be called the best rfl side in history but they still need to win it.
If you agree with head that if they win it this year they are the greatest RFL side ever then what head said isnt really a 'big' call at all. How is saying a $1.01 shot will win is a big call? I can tell why Gullie can't even grow grass on its bloody footy field the blokes out there can't even comprehend. Glad we got rid of you blokes from the farrer.

If you agree with head that if they win it this year they are the greatest RFL side ever then what head said isnt really a 'big' call at all. How is saying a $1.01 shot will win is a big call? I can tell why Gullie can't even grow grass on its bloody footy field the blokes out there can't even comprehend. Glad we got rid of you blokes from the farrer.
calling any side the greatest of all time is a big call, been a lot of good sides run around the riverina over the years. sides i havent seen. GGGM is the best I have seen. I never said ganmain was a a "big call" to win this years final, but they still have to do it. comprehend what? that sentence is incomprehensable. the gullie ground is an ordinary ground no doubt bu we recieve no support from any councils and all improvements and maintainance is by volunteers. no $3 million footy grounds for us. Last i heard council allocated $1000 for the ground per year. and as for the farrer, who really cares?

calling any side the greatest of all time is a big call, been a lot of good sides run around the riverina over the years. sides i havent seen. GGGM is the best I have seen. I never said ganmain was a a "big call" to win this years final, but they still have to do it. comprehend what? that sentence is incomprehensable. the gullie ground is an ordinary ground no doubt bu we recieve no support from any councils and all improvements and maintainance is by volunteers. no $3 million footy grounds for us. Last i heard council allocated $1000 for the ground per year. and as for the farrer, who really cares?
$1000 for your ground? How about you stop paying just one of your players and you could probably get that $1000 in a month bro!

I was actually stating GGGM as a club over a period of time. And if the council allocated a "G" to that ground for up keep there should be an inquest to where the money has been spent. I have said all along that Gullie's inclusion was more of a Lennon love fest than any thing else,
due to the lack of infrastructure to allow them to be a continued existance. Only time will tell that, but Ganmains continued dominance is a credit to all in that club.

Gungahlin Jets (In AFL Canberra) requires;

Coaches; for Div 2, 3 & 4 for seasons 2012 – 13 (Option)

Players; for Div 2 – 4, U18s & Women Teams

Remuneration – negotiable on experience and qualifications

Contacts: Joe Cortese 0414 512 769 or Travis Scholfield 0408 534591

gm@gungahlinjets.com.au

Close: 30 September 2011

I was actually stating GGGM as a club over a period of time. And if the council allocated a "G" to that ground for up keep there should be an inquest to where the money has been spent. I have said all along that Gullie's inclusion was more of a Lennon love fest than any thing else,
due to the lack of infrastructure to allow them to be a continued existance. Only time will tell that, but Ganmains continued dominance is a credit to all in that club.

It would be good to see Leeton, Griffith, the Gullie or Narrandera win it though...I have to admit.

Maybe...one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any news from narrandera head? many following jamie out the door? any closer to a coach?

anyone heard much from leeton?

coolamon tried bryce campbell and lew roberts for no luck? matt hard to do it again?

Ok folks-U've asked for it, ok it all started for the crows after a deverstating season whith saw them fininsh on the bottom of the ladder...with the resignment of jarrod billy gornell from the head palying coach and a few other changes on the commitee,the crows had to find somthing from somwhere to try and predict that they wouldn't be in the wrong end of the table in year 2012.They managed to keep and resign former coach gornell after fighting of speculation and corridor whispers that he would head to another club,they didn't waste time to resign the quadrelette tasmanians that came at the start of the 2011 season,ok people here is the juicy bits-they welcome back former leeton junior and sydney swans reserve player ben woods,who has also been linked to a wagga club for a chunk of coin but family came first,aswell they crows has 6 other recruits from the apple isle including a playing coach.positions include,2 fowards,1 ruckman,1 gut running onballer,1 key running backman,and another utility,other speculation that gilles lee and nick doolan will return to the club after touring the globe.Other Ins and Outs are- Outs liam frazer university somwhere aslong as he gets picked up in the VFL,Patrick Valance-University,Josh Ocallahan Uni,Other Ins-the speculation the younger brother of ben-jordan woods with return to the club,aswell as former yougster Justin Gordan who has been doing P.e traineeship down in ballerat while playing in the TAC cup,others who are drifting back are Kabe Stockton from the stint out at barellan blues and Tyler Stiller who played a few games of seconds this year but would be a genuine 1st grader if not working away most of the season,aswell as other players such as reece maguire and matt irvine and a good crop of mature age 17's coming up.

Ok folks-U've asked for it, ok it all started for the crows after a deverstating season whith saw them fininsh on the bottom of the ladder...with the resignment of jarrod billy gornell from the head palying coach and a few other changes on the commitee,the crows had to find somthing from somwhere to try and predict that they wouldn't be in the wrong end of the table in year 2012.They managed to keep and resign former coach gornell after fighting of speculation and corridor whispers that he would head to another club,they didn't waste time to resign the quadrelette tasmanians that came at the start of the 2011 season,ok people here is the juicy bits-they welcome back former leeton junior and sydney swans reserve player ben woods,who has also been linked to a wagga club for a chunk of coin but family came first,aswell they crows has 6 other recruits from the apple isle including a playing coach.positions include,2 fowards,1 ruckman,1 gut running onballer,1 key running backman,and another utility,other speculation that gilles lee and nick doolan will return to the club after touring the globe.Other Ins and Outs are- Outs liam frazer university somwhere aslong as he gets picked up in the VFL,Patrick Valance-University,Josh Ocallahan Uni,Other Ins-the speculation the younger brother of ben-jordan woods with return to the club,aswell as former yougster Justin Gordan who has been doing P.e traineeship down in ballerat while playing in the TAC cup,others who are drifting back are Kabe Stockton from the stint out at barellan blues and Tyler Stiller who played a few games of seconds this year but would be a genuine 1st grader if not working away most of the season,aswell as other players such as reece maguire and matt irvine and a good crop of mature age 17's coming up.
Justin Gordan signed with North Albury here in the O&M.Crows will be ok,good president who will steer them in the right direction.They have a super Auskick/Junior program that will deliver sustained success in 7 or 8 years.Started it a few years ago and numbers are huge so once they come through they will have a large and strong local base which is the key ingredient to local footy success.

Justin Gordan signed with North Albury here in the O&M.Crows will be ok,good president who will steer them in the right direction.They have a super Auskick/Junior program that will deliver sustained success in 7 or 8 years.Started it a few years ago and numbers are huge so once they come through they will have a large and strong local base which is the key ingredient to local footy success.
Yes you would think that juniors is the key to success but it isn't. Leeton has been in the last 4 or 5 Under 18s grand finals but have nothing show for it now in the 18-23 year old age group. Teams they played against in the last 5 years in the grand finals include, Tigers and Turvey, who were also bottom half teams last season in first grade.

rumor has it ben woods is still no guarantee and may remain in sydney if he can change the location of his uni prac which he is trying to do, kabe stockton is an unlikely return at this stage with him most likely ending up in colleambly or narrandera, reece maguire is also looking for greener pastures after being poorly treated. and tyler stiller unlikely to play again next year.

Leeton should've been a power house in the rfl with the juniors they have turned over in the past 10 years. Had some great kids. But like Narrandera,the trouble is keeping them.

Best recruit of the season, will put tigers into a grand final. Should kick over a hundred goals for the season if he doesn't get injured!!!!

Straight into the grand final? The ball still has to get down there! Remembering they have lost probably their 2 best on ballers gaynor and doswell so they will have to do some work filling those holes before we can start declaring them a grad final team, it is only November remember!

Also Wheatley past coach of northern jets and player at turvey has signed with gullie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back