Preview Rnd 17 Carlton v Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Saturday Jul 21 - 7.40PM Team - Post #266

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
Ratten said Waite will play in the VFL, so he won't be selected.

It's too early to bring up Mitchell or Casboult.

I wouldn't mind bringing in O'Keeffe before Bell for his size and skill.

Curnow for Ellard isn't a game changer, so I would stick with Ed.

Changes from Thursday's squad:

In: Thornton Russell Lucas
Out: Walker (calf) Joseph (broken cheek bone) Tuohy (back)

The other outs will depend on the MRP's views on Judd and Jamison.

Have to turn up to play - Judd likely to miss this one.

Played around with the ladder predictor abit. We can only afford one loss towards the run home to get 13 wins. Need a couple of percentage boosters along the way too.

Yeah wel Judd, Simmo, Waite and Laidler out equates to 50% of leadership group injured..Walker out...Joseph concussed?

Looks like mimimum three changes again. :rolleyes:

I'd be happy to give Levi a game, pinch hit in the ruck & plonk himself as a target. Might be unfitish but still better than duigan form. Ellard an obvious in too.

Garlett, duigan, curnow, Lucas all desperately out of form. Aj played well before injured, 1aw injured.

Could cope giving Gibbs a week off too!

Surely Russell needs to be given a month 2 see where his career is at.

Tuohy back hopefully

How far off is Marcus Davies? Could be a solid disciplined defender we need

Not much to lose from playing some untried players & seeing what we have on our list.

Have to do it in a sensible way though. .. Bringing in youth and letting them be uncompetitive or flogged will not make for good development. ..

Bulldogs will win this... They have good young talls and wouldn't be surprised to see Lake played forward and Minson spending time up front too.

We need Warnock... But the vfl afl anomaly of him having 1 vfl week suspension has cursed us. Warnock last night was so needed... Could've made Kreuzer spend time forward after walker went down making hendos move back more palatable.

Next week who knows? We're going to have to bring in a few for injuries and perhaps a suspension... Ellard is in... Bootsma? Buckley?.. Russell?.. Who knows we'll prob pick the wrong players to play anyway.

FB: McInnes Jamison Duigan
HB: Yarran Watson Russell
C: Scotland McLean Collins
HF: Murphy Henderson Lucas
FF: Betts Thornton Buckley
Foll: Kreuzer Gibbs Carrazzo
Inter: Curnow, Robinson, Armfield SUB Bell

IN: Russell, Thornton, Buckley and Bell
OUT: Joseph (Concussion/Rest), Walker (Calf), Garlett (Omitted) and Judd (Suspension)

So we lose Walker and Joseph for this game. Time to play some kids (Mitchell, Casboult) as there is no other option. We need a forward target, not a backman playing as a forward. No to Duigan, Thornton, Jamison, Bower, Watson as KPFs. They have all been tried and none have worked.

Get the feeling we left Tuohy out because they had Campbell as their sub.

Henderson must play forward with Thornton, Duigan goes back if we are in trouble there.

DON'T LET SPUD MINSON KICK A BAG!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a year from hell!

I expect a minimum of 4 changes this week, although Jamison might be lucky and that's without Garlett being dropped :(

Would like to see a couple of young guys given a chance but listening to Ratten's press conference I expect he will wheel in the experience in Thornton, Bower, Ellard and Russell.

Ellard should come in given his ressies form but can we play Ellard, McLean and Curnow?

I think this is the chance to have a look at one of the big bodied mids like OKeeffe or Bell - but is OKeeffe too slow given the Ellard, Curnow, McLean comment and is Bell ready (many suggested he looked ready in the VFL against a very weak Frankston). I think we must bring one of these boys in.

I'd like to see Casboult or Mitchell get a chance up front and pinch hit in the ruck (if fit enough) but understand they are probably not ready

Davies would be a good in but after one game back also probably lacking fitness

Do we have another look at Thornton, Bower and Russell - we know what we get with these guys, so it will really depend on whether their tickets have been stamped

Does Dale get a chance??

So many questions and due to the ridiculous VFL fixture we won't have a reserve game this weekend for players to stake a claim

My changes would be Ellard for Joseph
Bell or Okeeffe for Judd
and a mix of Casboult/Mitchell/Thornton/Bower for Jamison and Walker
If Garlett is dropped, Dale is probably the replacement

OUT: Joseph, Walker (injured), Judd, Jamison (susp)
IN: Ellard, Russell/Bower, Bell/Okeeffe, Casboult/Thornton

Garlett - Leighthal said it best the other week when talking about players out of form. .. You give them a chance to make amends but sometimes you have to drop them so that you get the omission out of the way and the player can stop stressing and looking behind them for the tap on the shoulder. ..

I can see at least 4 forced changes this week:
OUT: Judd, Jamieson, Walker, Joseph
IN: Ellard, Bower, Thornton, Tuohy

Then possibles include:
OUT: Garlett, Lucas, McInnes, Curnow
IN: Buckley, Dale, Mitchell, Russell

Would be an idea to play the season out with our most probable team for 2013. Start getting them used to eachother already. This might mean out McLean and Joseph and in players such as Mitchell and Buckley. Doubt that will happen but would like to see it gradually happen through the remainder of the season.

I suspect Jamison is carrying a shoulder injury still and if so should be rested along with anyone else who would benefit for a week off. The season is over so let guys recover and look towards a full pre-season. If Waite is part of the future plans send him on holiday otherwise if it is his last chance get him in this week, doesn't matter that he is underdone we can't achieve anything this year. Anyone needing a knife should be booked in asap. To keep playing injured guys would be a very selfish act by Ratten.

Jamo is one of the poorest players on the list currently - having a woeful year...bags are consistently being kicked on him.

The deal with Jamo is Ratten is constantly having him moved from one opponent to another. If hes really down on form have him up forward for the Dogs game with Henderson and Watson back. Hopefully Jamo is able to put a few goals on the board which one might give us a forward option or two will bring back his confidence.

What do we have to lose? Season is basically over, while Jamo is already on zero confidence. Just my opinion though, Id be willing to try anything.

Available for Saturday

Big Forwards x2: Henderson, Thornton, Mitchell, Casboult and McCarthy
Third Tall x1: Thornton, Gibbs and McCarthy
Medium Forwards x2: Gibbs, O'Keefe, Collins, Kerr and Lucas
Small Forwards x2: Betts, Garlett and Buckley

Big Defenders x2: Watson, Jamison, Thornton, McCarthy, Bower and White
Third Tall x1: Thornton, McCarthy, McInnes, Bower and White
Medium Defenders x2: Bootsma, McInnes, Davies, Russell, Gibbs, Duigan and Armfield
Small Defenders x2: Yarran and Armfield

Inside Mid: Robinson, McLean, Curnow, Ellard and Carrazzo
Outside Mid: Gibbs, Murphy, Scotland, and Lucas
Ruck: Kruezer, Casboult and Mitchell

HB: YarranWatson Armfield
C: Gibbs Carrazzo Scotland
HF:Collins Henderson Lucas
FF: Thornton Mitchell Betts
Foll: Kruezer McLean Murphy
Inter: Robinson Curnow Buckley Russell

IN: Thornton, Mitchell, Buckley and Russell
OUT: Walker, Judd, Garlett and Joseph

That is way too hard to read through, is the l in your name silent?

Available for Saturday

Big Forwards x2: Henderson, Thornton, Mitchell, Casboult and McCarthy
Third Tall x1: Thornton, Gibbs and McCarthy
Medium Forwards x2: Gibbs, O'Keefe, Collins, Kerr and Lucas
Small Forwards x2: Betts, Garlett and Buckley

Big Defenders x2: Watson, Jamison, Thornton, McCarthy, Bower and White
Third Tall x1: Thornton, McCarthy, McInnes, Bower and White
Medium Defenders x2: Bootsma, McInnes, Davies, Russell, Gibbs, Duigan and Armfield
Small Defenders x2: Yarran and Armfield

Inside Mid: Robinson, McLean, Curnow, Ellard and Carrazzo
Outside Mid: Gibbs, Murphy, Scotland, and Lucas
Ruck: Kruezer, Casboult and Mitchell

HB: Yarran Watson Armfield
C: Gibbs Carrazzo Scotland
HF:Collins Henderson Lucas
FF: Thornton Mitchell Betts
Foll: Kruezer McLean Murphy
Inter: Robinson Curnow Buckley Russell

IN: Thornton, Mitchell, Buckley and Russell