VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

He'd get closed down and knocked over too much at AFL level right now. Needs to be breaking clear or breaking tackles.
So would Ollie, most likely. It’s 100% not about whether Ollie or Binns are perfect players, it’s who is better for the team at this time.

Have no issues if they opt for Binns based on the relentless consistency of his form.

HOK I’d be tempted to put him in this week instead of Pitto if we want to play 2 rucks. He’s killing it
Important to consider his opposition in this game, which is very thin on the ground. Collingwood got absolutely destroyed in the ruck in R1 against Tom Campbell and Max Heath, then got worked over around the ground in R2 by a 2nd year player.

Begg isn't a short stop gap ruck, but his athletic output needs a lot of work.

So would Ollie, most likely. It’s 100% not about whether Ollie or Binns are perfect players, it’s who is better for the team at this time.

Have no issues if they opt for Binns based on the relentless consistency of his form.
Hollands is breaking clear and breaking tackles more and more this year. He's also doing a lot more contested work than Cottrell and Acres at the moment, leaving them to free wheel and cleanly dispose more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cowan doesn’t get called up, I’ll be stunned.

I think Young will also get a game. Has been good.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I've been a critic of Young's but looking composed with the footy. Not sure it'll translate to AFL level but doing himself no harm.

Cowan been great, might be between him and Cincotta.

Like Lemmey back (have been calling for it for a long time)
O’Keeffe continues to develop bloody well for a 19yo
Moir shows glimpses. Looks like we are toughening him up via role.
Young solid as expected
Binns is Binns
The Irishman is showing enough to be hopeful.
Cowan solid and ready if needed.

Some decent players in the VFL list who would nit be out of place on an AFL list, but hard to see any who would be more than depth.

Thoughts on VFL players as MSD prospects:

Lachie Young: No
Michael Lewis : No
Tom Phillips: No
Ned Cahill: Maybe
Liam McMahon: Maybe
Will White: Maybe
Xavier Maher: No (could be convinced, but I don't see it)
Heath Ramshaw: No (would need to show a lot more)
Jack Lefroy: like him previously, not seen anything today

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should always recruit from elsehwee and add players to your talent pool. Especially if we are destroyed by injury even further.

I would like to take a punt on McMahon at the end of the season though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back