Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Fremantle & Changes for R9 vs Bulldogs

Best 5 vs Freo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

the new gen don't have the unconditional effort that guys like cotchin, grimes etc had. Not sure if its purely inexperience and the state of the game (scorebaord, injuries, etc) or they just don't have it

theyll stop reaming us as players come back watch

cfl are aiming for 13th or 14th again

I can see us jagging a few wins in the back end of year as players return. We need a top 5 pick though

This is super depressing. Almost all of our best players this year have been senior players.

Brown, Sonsie, Young, Campbell, etc may end up as roll players, but there aren't too many small/mid sized players who become guns without showing more than they have in their first 2-3 years.

We'll be done again for awhile imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for the players and our supporters. We have issues within our control, but we need to confront and address the standard of umpiring at our games. Beyond obvious, and the only way the club will have it's hand forced is if we stop going to games.

My biggest concern is losing players (Baker, Rioli, Bolton etc), and not being a destination club as we are not treated the same as other clubs. Can see signs with players already with poor body language, lack of form and a willingness to get involved in scuffles.

Loved Brown's game today and there are good signs with Sonsie, Young, Lefau and Miller. We desperately need some talls and leadership up forward. Rioli Jnr started well but faded, Daniel was excellent but needs support.

Not sure who is going to return to the side next week - as long as we don't rush them back in - but we need another target to kick to - so hopefully Balta.

Balta and Prestia will be back next week, probably come in for Naismith and Dow

Campbell needs a spell.
McIntosh still adding nothing.
Grimes is getting beaten so often he just takes his frustration out on the man.
Sonsie still attended **** all centre bounces from what I could tell but played pretty well.

Samson, Balta, McAuliffe and Coulthard should all come in. I bet Graham comes straight back in too. Prestia?

Thing is, everyone keeps saying we need the more experienced players in the team but today they were predominantly the ones that let us down. Pickett, Grimes and Nank were terrible. When we were up and about in the 3rd quarter it was Baker, Bolton, Brown, Sonsie, Ralphsmith, D Rioli, and Miller (I might be missing a couple) that got us going.

Campbell needs to go back to the VFL to find form. As does Mansell as he isn't doing enough of what he is in the team to do.

I'm so happy that I was able to pick Sonsie as one of our best today. The way Yze played him still had me scratching my head at times as his ToG was low but whenever he got it, he generally made things happen. The biggest issue is, he will just get pushed out of the middle again when others start coming back.

Overall it was a disappointing effort but I was encouraged by our next gen kids coming through.

ralphsmith, campbell, etc are good enough players to be the 17-23 player on a team but at the moment they are being asked to play the 10-15th

We need some of the young guys ceilings to be top 5-10 players though and it's hard to see.

Just need to look at the KPIs

I50s
38 v 59

Clearances
16 v 36

Centre clearances
5 v 14

Tackles
40 v 60

36% of game time ball was in our hands.

Our forward line is completely undermanned as it is but when you have stats like that they don’t even have half a chance.

Desperately need some quality midfields drafted to compliment Hopper and Taranto in 2025 onwards.

Last edited:
We need some of the young guys ceilings to be top 5-10 players though and it's hard to see.
yep agree, decent enough role players. No A graders, hopefully with our draft hand we can land some at the end of the year

Thing is, everyone keeps saying we need the more experienced players in the team but today they were predominantly the ones that let us down. Pickett, Grimes and Nank were terrible. When we were up and about in the 3rd quarter it was Baker, Bolton, Brown, Sonsie, Ralphsmith, D Rioli, and Miller (I might be missing a couple) that got us going.

Campbell needs to go back to the VFL to find form. As does Mansell as he isn't doing enough of what he is in the team to do.

I'm so happy that I was able to pick Sonsie as one of our best today. The way Yze played him still had me scratching my head at times as his ToG was low but whenever he got it, he generally made things happen. The biggest issue is, he will just get pushed out of the middle again when others start coming back.

Overall it was a disappointing effort but I was encouraged by our next gen kids coming through.

Sonsie needs to work his ass off an become a very good runner. His (achievable) ceiling is Lambert imo. High half forward with stints in the middle

Back