Preview Round 0 vs. Sydney, Thursday 7 March, 7:30pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard yesterday from someone on another board who's usually bang on with Melbourne rumours that Billings will be the sub. If Spargo and Laurie start ahead of him, I'm prepared to burn the joint down already.
Would hate this especially after all the fuss we made about his debut for us.

Would hate this especially after all the fuss we made about his debut for us.
100%. Crossing my fingers that wires were crossed somewhere and it's wrong, but he's very solid on this stuff usually. The fact that Spargo was named directly on the field is not a great sign, either. Surely he's ahead of Laurie.

100%. Crossing my fingers that wires were crossed somewhere and it's wrong, but he's very solid on this stuff usually. The fact that Spargo was named directly on the field is not a great sign, either. Surely he's ahead of Laurie.
I expect Spargo is there for his defensive pressure, it's a lot of confidence off no football.

Would prefer Laurie as the sub

Heard yesterday from someone on another board who's usually bang on with Melbourne rumours that Billings will be the sub. If Spargo and Laurie start ahead of him, I'm prepared to burn the joint down already.
Goody and co riling us up over team selection in the first match of the season. Like a nice warm blanket.

Big game for Tommo and Schache. Both get first crack before Tmac and Fullerton. Both have the potential to be disastrous. As does their potential replacements waiting in the wings. Hope they persist with Salem in the midfield. Billings better start onfield. Surprised Spargo wasn't the sub with limited preseason gametime. Bit worried we don't have that x factor up forward but I'm tipping us by 3 goals.

Shame it is a TNF game , Les would have gladly driven you up to Sydney and spent the long weekend with you. We met up last year at the Sydney game and had a great Sundee arvo.

Les loves meeting strangers off big footy at the footy. One of his favourite things.
*Less

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Laurie starts over Billings they’re trolling surely.
Laurie has been in far better pre season form then Chandler. 7 disposals last week for 0 tackles for small forward isn't good enough imo.

Extraordinary if Billings is the sub though.. literally the only bloke who can hit up a target inside 50 and the only one who is willing to lower his eyes.

If true I was really hoping we'd be pass that crazy Goody team selections rubbish..

Laurie has been in far better pre season form then Chandler. 7 disposals last week for 0 tackles for small forward isn't good enough imo.

Extraordinary if Billings is the sub though.. literally the only bloke who can hit up a target inside 50 and the only one who is willing to lower his eyes.

If true I was really hoping we'd be pass that crazy Goody team selections rubbish..

I still reckon Chandler has more chance to make it at AFL level, but you are right if we're rewarding guys on form the sub should be Chandler.

To be fair, in terms of comparing Chandler v Laurie in the Carlton game.

Laurie had 6 kicks, so did Chandler.
Laurie had 1 tackle, so not miles ahead of Chandler on 0.
Chandler kicked a goal, Laurie didn't.
Laurie only had 168m gained, Chandler had 247.
Laurie went at 50% kicking efficiency, Chandler 67%.
All that with Laurie playing more midfield time.

I'm not saying Chandler was good, but looking at it in the full context it's not as clear cut as some are making out.

I still reckon Chandler has more chance to make it at AFL level, but you are right if we're rewarding guys on form the sub should be Chandler.
I much prefer Chandler to Laurie, but wonder if it's Chandler v Billings instead of Laurie, as they might be planning to run Laurie through the middle a bit as an extra rotation?

Still, not my preference. Don't think we really need Laurie taking up too much mid time when we've already got Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Sparrow and Salem in there.

Anyway, trying not to melt too hard until if/when it's announced. Sorry for stirring everyone up a bit haha, but this guy is pretty reliable (nailed our team selections throughout last year).

I much prefer Chandler to Laurie, but wonder if it's Chandler v Billings instead of Laurie, as they might be planning to run Laurie through the middle a bit as an extra rotation?

Still, not my preference. Don't think we really need Laurie taking up too much mid time when we've already got Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Sparrow and Salem in there.

Anyway, trying not to melt too hard until if/when it's announced. Sorry for stirring everyone up a bit haha, but this guy is pretty reliable (nailed our team selections throughout last year).

I get the feeling no Kozzy and no McAdam has meant a few other roles have shifted around more - Until McAdam is in perhaps Trac will play a little more forward than planned, which has meant the Laurie/ANB/Salem mix has shifted a little? And we don't really have another player like Kozzy, so maybe Spargo will play a different kind of role to the usual half forward style one? IMO, Laurie, Spargo and Billings are fighting for 2 spots next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back