Autopsy Round 1 – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Sunday 25th March 2018, UNSW Oval, 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Patton in the ruck scares me. Anyone else feel that we are a bit too tall?

Davis, corr, Haynes, Tomlinson, Finlayson, Patton, Cameron, himmelberg, Lobb.

Patton in the ruck scares me. Anyone else feel that we are a bit too tall?

Davis, corr, Haynes, Tomlinson, Finlayson, Patton, Cameron, himmelberg, Lobb.

I can see all 3 of Patton, Tomlinson and HH spending time as backup ruck
I think it is too tall but it may also be dependant on best available and one of them will be playing as a mid so it will be interesting to see how it works just hopefully they don't carry on with it

I think Finlayson and Tomlinson have the versatility to play elsewhere. I think we'll use Tomlinson on the wing a bit more, especially if Whitfield plays a running half back role, and the fact that we're missing Scully.

A little rain last night, but not too much northside & southside apparently got less, so it hopefully shouldn't affect our running too much. Bit of wind around this morning, though, which has potential to wreak some havoc in the air if it remains for this afternoon. More rain scheduled this afternoon, but hopefully arrives after the game.

Like others, I'm a little concerned that we're too tall. However, last year we regularly played 8 talls (ruck, 3 forwards, 4 defenders), so the addition is TOJ. However, as others have previously said, Tommo & TOJ have other skills that makes them more versatile than pure talls, but it's still a risk in regards a game played heavily at ground level - which wet & windy tends to do. Fingers crossed, we should beat the Bulldogs on a comparison of teams, but the conditions and our tendency to get jumped in round 1 will make this more of a lottery.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspected ACL to libba, alway a shame when it happens to a player and in the first quarter will really dent any chance of a fightback
Hopefully the boys don't switch off and a chance at a % booster first game up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back