Discussion Round 1, 2023: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts so far…

Rich V Carl
- Blues should be in clash and they should really bring back the sky blue clash

Gee V Coll
- Wish Collingwood would wear the swooping magpie jumper v Geelong, more black and less white would really help this matchup

Port V Bris
- Lions guernseys are looking magnificent this season, the Fitzroy red is really popping more so than it usually does

- I’m tired of the Port V, wish they’d return to the ‘97 away lightning jumper, it’s pretty much the same in terms of a mostly black jumper but the lightning is just more unique and less basic than the generic V

The Swans will be wearing the Red V tonight.
Source; Will Hayward when I asked him by the race

Brisbane in the Fitzroy guernsey, bit disappointed to see it used outside of Vic, especially against a club that never played Fitzroy
Not true. Port Adelaide and Fitzroy played off for the Championship of Australia in 1913.

West Coast should have yellow shorts as an option for this matchup, but even without them, today was a great example of what North supporters have been saying for years: We can wear our full home kit, and the opponent can wear a clash jumper without it bringing about the end of the world. I badly need my glasses updated and from level 2 I never once confused the two teams.

- I’m tired of the Port V, wish they’d return to the ‘97 away lightning jumper, it’s pretty much the same in terms of a mostly black jumper but the lightning is just more unique and less basic than the generic V
Would you prefer Fremantle go back to the purple, green and red with the white anchor seeing that’s more unique that 3 generic white V’s on a purple jumper?

That sounds like I’m taking the piss but is a genuine question.

11/10 kit
1035751.jpg

Would you prefer Fremantle go back to the purple, green and red with the white anchor seeing that’s more unique that 3 generic white V’s on a purple jumper?

That sounds like I’m taking the piss but is a genuine question.
I don’t know about bringing back the green/red permanently but the old ‘purple haze’ jumper would be a bit more unique than the chevrons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not true. Port Adelaide and Fitzroy played off for the Championship of Australia in 1913.

West Coast should have yellow shorts as an option for this matchup, but even without them, today was a great example of what North supporters have been saying for years: We can wear our full home kit, and the opponent can wear a clash jumper without it bringing about the end of the world. I badly need my glasses updated and from level 2 I never once confused the two teams.
But Fitzroy were still Maroon and / or Naby back then 🤭🤭😉😉

I agree, the North / Eagles matchup was actually half decent and looked far better than if they turned up in royal wings and white shorts.

However it's gonna look like crap when (or if) they host the Bulldogs and Bulldogs are forced into white shorts.

I don’t know about bringing back the green/red permanently but the old ‘purple haze’ jumper would be a bit more unique than the chevrons
The purple haze as the home kit, and the green as the away/clash kit. And wear the multi colour for heritage

But Fitzroy were still Maroon and / or Naby back then 🤭🤭😉😉

I agree, the North / Eagles matchup was actually half decent and looked far better than if they turned up in royal wings and white shorts.

However it's gonna look like crap when (or if) they host the Bulldogs and Bulldogs are forced into white shorts.
That's one case where I agree with you, it's just that for most of our home games it's fine for us to wear our home kit.

This is one game where the Crows would benefit from a white clash strip. The red and yellow of the Crows clashes with the orange of the Giants, especially on wide shots in the bright sunlight.

That's one case where I agree with you, it's just that for most of our home games it's fine for us to wear our home kit.
Classic example (and I know I say this a lot) is that a few years ago when you guys first brought in the inverse, you wore it for several away games (with blue shorts) against Richmond, Hawthorn and Brisbane. So there's clearly no issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back