Game Day Round 1, 2024 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having both WAshcroft and Neale really takes away so much of our grunt work. Who is winning inside? Let's hope Rayner finally has the breakout game we've all been waiting for in the midfield - this is his time to answer the call. Will be good to see Dev getting a decent shot at inside mid too, time for him to step up and show what he's got back home.

It's been said but a win here is critical, we don't play next week and when we return from the bye we have a challenging run of games until round 10 with Gather Round against North probably being the only exception. Need to stay in reach or the season will get away from us fast.

Last edited:

Had a heart attack on Friday, still in hospital. Don't know whether I should watch the game or not with a dodgy ticker. Don't know that I need the angst.

So sorry to hear that. Hope your recovery goes well.

Re the game - I'd skip it based on the stress of last week's performance.

Watching the worm is a pretty good way to know what's happening without getting too emotionally involved.

Had a heart attack on Friday, still in hospital. Don't know whether I should watch the game or not with a dodgy ticker. Don't know that I need the angst.
Holy s**t mate, hope it wasn’t a bad one if there is such a thing. The Lions are sure to cause some stress they always do, take it easy and get well.

It's been said but a win here is critical, we don't play next week and when we return from the bye we have a challenging run of games until round 10 with Gather Round against North probably being the only exception. Need to stay in reach or the season will get away from us fast.
I'm not so sure it's critical in round 2. Collingwood I'm assuming are premiership favourites? Lost 2, but I wouldn't be writing them off

I'm not so sure it's critical in round 2. Collingwood I'm assuming are premiership favourites? Lost 2, but I wouldn't be writing them off
It's only round 2 but like I said the season can get away from you quickly and if we lose this afternoon there's no 4 points on offer for us next week.

Met this bloke at a Cafe in Perth this morning in this photo with Fages after the 1988 grand Final in the TFL.
Really nice Fella, nothing but Glowing praise of Our Fages, loves the man.
Had a good chat for 20 minutes or so about Chris Fagan the man and footy, the game last week and this avo.
Was as devastated over the Grand Ginal loss last year as the rest of us.

IMG_5645.jpeg

It's only round 2 but like I said the season can get away from you quickly and if we lose this afternoon there's no 4 points on offer for us next week.
Pretty pessimistic? Think this year could be one of the most open for a long time. Top 4 has to be the goal. Absolutely achievable

Pretty pessimistic? Think this year could be one of the most open for a long time. Top 4 has to be the goal. Absolutely achievable
Yes very even, any combination of the Lions, Pies, Swans, Giants, Demons, Blues, Cats, Port, Dogs and Crows making top 4 would not surprise me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That isn't good - maybe hold off until the replay ... it is always a lot less stressful when you know how it comes out but you can still enjoy the bits and pieces and mini-dramas on the way through the game.

Health > Footy for fans as well as players!

What a sucky time to have a game. I know it always happens when we play at Freo but seems forever since the Broncs game and will feel like forever to the next game for both teams.

Not having both WAshcroft and Neale really takes away so much of our grunt work. Who is winning inside? Let's hope Rayner finally has the breakout game we've all been waiting for in the midfield - this is his time to answer the call. Will be good to see Dev getting a decent shot at inside mid too, time for him to step up and show what he's got back home.
Lyons will KILL IT TODAY. Just watch him. Gun player who should never be out of the side.

Lyons will KILL IT TODAY. Just watch him. Gun player who should never be out of the side.
I hope so, he has a free run at his preferred role today, I'd like to see Dev Robertson given a decent go in the inside rotation as well.

Disagree on he should never be out of the side, no room for all 3 of Dunkley, Neale and Lyons IMO and unfortunately for Lyons he is clearly the 3rd banana in that cohort. His deficiencies re the transition game are too easily exploited by the better sides, would far prefer Dev as the 3rd option in that group, he runs hard and long both ways.

I hope so, he has a free run at his preferred role today, I'd like to see Dev Robertson given a decent go in the inside rotation as well.

Disagree on he should never be out of the side, no room for all 3 of Dunkley, Neale and Lyons IMO and unfortunately for Lyons he is clearly the 3rd banana in that cohort. His deficiencies re the transition game are too easily exploited by the better sides, would far prefer Dev as the 3rd option in that group, he runs hard and long both ways.
We missed Dev’s defensive run and intent last week particularly in the third quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back