MVP Round 1, 2024: Votes vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Bailey Williams
4. Jeremy McGovern
3. Jack Petruccelle
2. Harley Reid
1. Elliot Yeo

HM: Hunt, Cole, Chesser, Duggan, Luke Edwards

No real standouts in my eyes, could swap around the top 5 in several different ways.

Duggan has copped a bit of criticism from his game but I didn't think he had too bad of a game overall

50pt loss not so bad and we are slightly improved getting back within 3 goals late in the third, but not an easy game for votes. Everyone except Reid was significantly under their best.

5. McGovern
4. Reid
3. Yeo
2. Hunt
1. Petruccelle (3 goals from a mid. Been a while)

Williams had a poor second half.
Cripps no tackles..
Duggan seemed to have more shocking moments than good.

Thought Gaff got his wake up call when we made him sub late last year. Seems to have fallen asleep again.

5 - Harley. I’m being generous but I don’t care. Didn’t look out of place, was clean with the ball and made his presence known
4 - Williams. Game high 7 clearances and worked well around the ground
3 - McGovern. On a bit of a dirty day for defenders he was our best
2 - Petruccelle. Team high 3 goals was our most effective forward
1 - Yeo. Hard to find this vote but settled on Yeo as our highest possession getter on the day

5. McGovern - intercepting and ball use, easily our best defender
4. Williams - battled hard and funny to think he's only played 50 games
3. Yeo - wasn't his best game, but good to see him back there and battled hard and will get better as season goes on.
2. Petch - 3.2 goals was a good return, a threat up forward
1. Reid - everything he did was good, gotta love him.

Disappointed with
Jack Darling - way too many half efforts, just out there collecting a pay check.
Gaff - Only noticed him in 2nd quarter for the first time, basically invisible. Chesser came on and was way better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Bailey Williams
4. Jeremy McGovern
3. Jayden Hunt
2. Jack Petruccelli
1. Harley Reid

5. Williams - Starting to look like he thinks he belongs. The dominant tall on the ground after Charlie.
4. Gov - Solid outing. Stopped a lot of damage. Port easilt could have had 50 scoring shots without giv down back
3. Petch - Another teasing Petrucelle performance. Please get a block of games and build.
2: Kelly - would have been nice if he didn't go at half rat power for most of the game
1: Reid - Solid debut. Only injury can stop this kid from being a star.

HM: Crippa, Yeo
DM: Let's give it a few weeks before I start being too negative.

I would say BBW played well, but it was his hospital pass with 10 secs to go in the quarter that nearly got Gov his ribs shattered....He owes Gov a beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back