Review Round 1: Footscray Bulldogs v Box Hill Hawks, 18 April 2015, 12pm @ VU Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

He's had a great game today, how many poor and really disappointing games has he thrown in throughout the last couple of years? Plenty is the answer, if he plays more games like today and actually has a crack then you won't find people criticizing him.

Good on him for today, he has a standard of effort at least to live up to this season now.
Maybe you and the other haters need to realise that 4 goals isn't 'standard'.

You are aware that Grimley is only on the list because he had 1 year left on his contract at the end of last year. If he didn't, he would be playing ammos.

For every 4 goal game he has, he will have 3 non effort games where he doesn't put in the effort and sometimes gives up.

Yep, I don't understand the abuse Grimley gets.
If he's not good enough, so be it, loads of players don't make it.

But there's no need to heap garbage on him for it.

Last edited:
Good honest effort from Pittonet. Worked his way into the game nicely. Just battles away

Impressive game from Willsmore. Played the Plus1 role down back. Organised the defence and continually does smart things. Gets bumped off it but a bit of bulk will fix that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch o'donell a star out there today. Daniel Howe with great Grim and TOB finishing

Definitely has some panache about him....Thought he was a chance to get drafted 2 years ago before he had an ordinary 2014.

Howe, O'Brien & Willsmore all excellent today....Future of our club these 3 kids...All 3 with good size & movement about em. And beautiful kicks of the footy.

Mirra was great today. A real captain's game from him.

Good to see all 3 draftees from last year playing Senior football so soon & acquitting themselves well at the level, including Hardisty.

Mitch o'donell a star out there today. Daniel Howe with great Grim and TOB finishing
Hopefully being surrounded by good players has levelled him out a bit. Was incredible as a junior but once he figured that out the effort started to wander.

Was fantastic today, has great speed and a really nice kick.

http://boxhillhawks.com.au/box-hill-triumphs-over-footscray-in-grand-final-rematch/

Goal Kickers: S. Grimley 4, D. Howe 2, T. O''Brien 2, C. Williams , J. Simpkin , D. Willsmore
Best Players: , M. O''Donnell , D. Howe , T. O''Brien , S. Grimley , D. Willsmore , T. Gordon

A very good win by the Mustang Hawkers. Bull O'Donnell was outstanding especially with his huge effort to run hard in the last quarter. His 2014 season was impacted by a number of injuries so it is great to see him starting the season with a BOG performance. Dave Mirra was superb and Sam Crocker was very good with the feature being his penetrating left foot kicking. The win was even better when you consider Sam Iles, Marc Lock, Liam Tobin and Sam Collins didn't play.

The leading statistics were O'Donnell 24, Mirra 22 including 15 marks) Simpkin 21 and Crocker 19.

How did Hardisty go?
Somewhere between bad and real bad. Fumbled all day and disposal was junk. On that performance he will struggle to hold his spot if a few more guys become available. From the two games I have seen from him he is miles off the pace.

Good point by HH on Sam Crocker. A serious leg on him. Good to watch.

Somewhere between bad and real bad. Fumbled all day and disposal was junk. On that performance he will struggle to hold his spot if a few more guys become available. From the two games I have seen from him he is miles off the pace.

Good point by HH on Sam Crocker. A serious leg on him. Good to watch.
Thanks for the assessment, no matter how disappointing. Safe to assume he's found the transition challenging?

And you may be very well be right. I assume the level of complexity in game plan goes through the roof when you go to AFL/VFL. Hopefully that is causing him to second guess. The upside was he got his hands to the ball.

Get on the Willsmore bandwagon!

And you may be very well be right. I assume the level of complexity in game plan goes through the roof when you go to AFL/VFL. Hopefully that is causing him to second guess. The upside was he got his hands to the ball.

Get on the Willsmore bandwagon!

From what I saw, the back six were operating like clockwork, youd imagine any one of them could slot into the seniors

Howe is going to be player played back forward and midfield
I am really excited about Howe, so versatile

As for Hardisty I agree with ESC, he fumbles alot and just lacks class. There's a reason he was taken in the rookie draft. Still early days though and after 2 or so years development who knows

Howe is going to be player played back forward and midfield

He can certainly find the goals, the young fella!!

We could fit grimley into our forward line at hawthorn, its versatile enough for that. Maybe Gunston plays higher up the ground, or Rough plays more through midfield. It certainly looked like we were missing height last week.

I think I've figured Grimley out after watching him yesterday. His problem is he's too big for his own good. He thinks like a small forward but is played as a KP or ruck, which is outside his comfort zone. The guy is an opportunist, picking up goals off packs like his first two goals yesterday. He doesn't have the confidence to have the ball come thru him and when his confidence drops, well, we've all seen the results of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back