Preview Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There in lies the issue, you’re not offering balanced criticism if it’s just directed at one player. This thread (topic or conversation) is in respect to the game this weekend against Fremantle, not let’s bash Max King following his 2 games back from injury.
You seem angry, maybe ignore my posts for balance.

So Caminiti and Sharman for Hayes and Membrey.
Jones and Dow for Ross and Stocker.
Collard and the Pou for Hastie and Garcia.

At least you can see depth there I suppose to make some accountable for when they're potentially down on form.

Membrey, stocker and Ross ‘managed’. So they were not dropped and are probably going to come straight back in next week.

A few interesting ins and some players with a point to prove.

The ins are underwhelming but thats where the list is at.

Looking forward to seeing Dow. But seeing the likes of Jones back doesn't excite and while I'm glad to see Collard get a run, his game on the weekend certainly didn't deserve a promotion so seeing him back is a shock.

Membrey, stocker and Ross ‘managed’. So they were not dropped and are probably going to come straight back in next week.
Cordy also went out as 'managed' and hasn't come back in. Likely a sign they won't play at Sandy.

Stocker also didn't train today, unlike the other 2, so we might be hiding an injury with him.

The ins are underwhelming but thats where the list is at.

Looking forward to seeing Dow. But seeing the likes of Jones back doesn't excite and while I'm glad to see Collard get a run, his game on the weekend certainly didn't deserve a promotion so seeing him back is a shock.

I'm treating it as "need more goals" vs Garcias "I like the tenacity" this week.

If so, it's not wrong.

Rather the last bloke on our list. He has a negative effect on the side. Waste a mid rotation on a bloke that is soft as hell, doesn't work hard enough (not even close) and absolutely butchers it.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I do agree. Just feel like there’s no one else..? Either way Ross and Jones are deadwood

For the record that is not my logic. Harvey has proven he is a good coach of midfielders and midfields - ask Collingwood. I don't care where he played during his AFL career.

I just don't think he has a proven record as a forward coach, and we are struggling to kick goals.
Fair enough.

I do agree. Just feel like there’s no one else..? Either way Ross and Jones are deadwood

Ross has been a great servant, still continues to play a role for us, is just down on output, Jones agree, has been underwhelming and as injured as what Hunter and Coff were/are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Caminiti and Sharman for Hayes and Membrey.
Jones and Dow for Ross and Stocker.
Collard and the Pou for Hastie and Garcia.

At least you can see depth there I suppose to make some accountable for when they're potentially down on form.
Not sure who plays Stocker's role? Paton? Jones?

And what is Phillipou's role, to crumb? We've got Max, Hammer, Titanic and Mitchito upfront and no crumbers aside from maybe Henry. Anyone know?

Not sure who plays Stocker's role? Paton? Jones?

And what is Phillipou's role, to crumb? We've got Max, Hammer, Titanic and Mitchito upfront and no crumbers aside from maybe Henry. Anyone know?
Paton would make sense playing that role given it's where hes played his best football over his career.

Having watched Sandy last Sunday, I've come to the conclusion that we are going full tank.
Jones had a real dip but was still terrible with his ball use.
Dow was only ok, not the Dow who looked a class above when playing VFL for Carl.
Collard looked like a kid from U13s backing up to fill in for the U15s team that are a few players short. Lost. When he has the ball he can snag a goal from just about anywhere but hardly gets a sniff. He was better in the home game previous though.
I'll still be there on Sat night cheering them on as StKFC is a sickness only curable by death.

I wasn't expecting RTB to wield the axe to that extent but it's good that we are making some changes which are much needed after last week's stale and lacklustre performance, it sends a message that a performance like that one won't be tolerated.

Hopefully those changes help to spark us to a better performance but that many changes isn't ideal in terms of team cohesion.

Freo on the other hand haven't made any changes from last week and have a much more settled line up than we do right now.

Hoping Hammer stays deeper and King plays higher. Personally I really like the changes and keen to see what this version of the team can bring. Glad they've bitten the bullet on Dow and Collard, but with JH back next week the latter + Pou/Paton could be fighting for position. Surely there's some version of this team that is going to click!

If we drop this one it will see us melt off into the sunset for 2024 I would think.

I’m absolutely flabbergasted Collard has been selected. Mind boggling. RTB may have actually lost the plot.
Hope he goes well btw but Wow Wee. Really?

I'm not, track watchers have been impressed by him all summer, he got a game in round 1 on the back of that form on the track.

His VFL form has been patchy but even then he's kicked bags of 4,3,2 and shown that he can be quite dangerous even if inconsistent.

For mine he's got AFL talent written all over him but he's a bit amature in his application and consistency. Its worth exposing him more at the level so he understands what it takes. That and he could geniunly get on the end of a few goals because he's got the talent.

Also with no Butts and Higgins we need him

I like the idea of managing 1-2 players a week .
The game is more taxing than ever. Could have easily squeezed another year out of Paddy Ryder had we rested him say every 4-5 weeks , or just those games where it less than 7 day turnaround .

It’s going to be the way of the future eventually. The big clubs with deeper lists will lead the way. That’s the benefit of hanging onto a few of these fringe players like Tom Campbell that aren’t quite best 23 . You bring them in for a week and they can generally play a role , but wont win you a game on their own. You manage your stars and give them a rest so that they aren’t playing below par for weeks on end when they are carrying a niggle.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back