Friday 7.40pm EST @ Hunter Stadium

MELBOURNE CITY V MELBOURNE VICTORY
Saturday 7.30pm EST @ AAMI Park

PERTH GLORY V CENTRAL COAST MARINERS
Saturday 9.40pm EST @ NIB Stadium

SYDNEY FC V WELLINGTON PHOENIX
Sunday 5pm EST @ SFS

*Wanderers v Brisbane off until March due to CWC*

10 year anniversary match tonight against Adelaide - we played in the first ever A League match against the Reds 10 years ago at the Hunter Stadium. Ended up losing 1-0 to a Carl Veart goal.

With how we're travelling and Adelaide are playing at the moment, I suspect we'd do well to keep it to 1-0 again this time :drunk:

Saying we're going to lose to a team on 4 points 11 rounds in when we're on 20 is a bit silly...

We have a bad recent record at Hunter Stadium. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't win tonight. After all this is our third game in a week and we just won a trophy 3 days ago. However, I would be pretty disappointed if we actually lost. A draw not so much.

I love Tarek Elrich. The amount of times he has saved our bacon in the past two seasons is incredible. He's become a much better player defensively since coming to Adelaide. First guy I'd pick in the back 4 each week 100%.

We created a lot of chances as usual but the conversion wasn't there yet again. Dominating possession and in the middle but haven't looked too convincing at either end of the pitch.

How Newcastle didn't score a few minutes before half-time is amazing. Montano basically kicked the ball into his own team mate who was lying on the goal-line. Anywhere else and he scores.

Not surprised it's 0-0 at the half. We certainly look like a team who has played 3 games in the space of 7 days. Would gladly take a 1-0 win at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this is just complete garbage. Hardly surprising this is happening considering the circumstances. Still, it's just utter s**t.

very tired performance. short turn around did no favours at all. missing djite's presence also.

still wondering what jeggo's upside is.

Hasn't been at his best the past few games but Sanchez is poor in the central role imo. Just like Jeronimo playing there for us, it just didn't work that well.

All game David Carney has tormented us and nothing changed just then. He should have been tackled and it's simply not good enough. Definitely would have taken a draw but losing to this basket-case is just extremely poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back