Preview Round 11 - Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Sunday 3rd June 2018, Adelaide oval, 4.10pm ACST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simpson needs to come in with Lobb as backup, HH needs to go to NEAFL.

expect a big loss next weekend - and another nail to go into our coffin for 2018...
Simpson played the bottom team in the neafl and had 25 hit outs and 6 possessions

It’s a backwards step mate

Simpson needs to come in with Lobb as backup, HH needs to go to NEAFL.

expect a big loss next weekend - and another nail to go into our coffin for 2018...

Just seemed to me in that last quarter that every tap down was to the opposition for a quick run and a goal.

I could be wrong as i wasnt a happy camper in the 4th but thats how it seemed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

From what I saw Flynn is now of a standard where he offers at least as much as Simpson, and is a far better fwd, he is also a very very good kick for goal.

I think a lot of the lost clearances were about their mids being better at extracting it and I think Jonno lost a lot more contests than Rory though I have yet to see stats to backup what my eyes were telling me.

Edit, totally agree on HH, have been saying the same for a month

Just seemed to me in that last quarter that every tap down was to the opposition for a quick run and a goal.

I could be wrong as i wasnt a happy camper in the 4th but thats how it seemed.

Yep they smashed us out of the middle. Last two weeks our inside mids have gone missing in the big moments

Still reckon the fact we can’t score more than 60 is by far our biggest problem

Your daughter will love those dad jokes in the years to come. (Cue the rolled eyes and 'daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!')
:thumbsu:

My wife is more than over them... I was perfecting them back in high school - I've just obtained some excuses the last few years.

Shaw Davis Corr
Haynes Tomlinson Griffen
Whitfield Shiel Kelly
Taranto Cameron Lloyd
HH Patton Langdon
Lobb Ward Coniglio

Buntine Perryman Buckley Mohr

Given our form and, more importantly, how much stick the Crows will cop off their own media this week, if we don’t turn up switched on it’ll be a belting.
If I was Leon, I’d simply tell the boys to focus on two things: tackle pressure and no cheap frees. Do that and we’ll be in the game.

Last edited:
very tough game which we should lose, but here's hoping we get a 4 qtr effort from the boys. as Giant Pete said - keep the game plan simple - lots of tackle pressure.

do we have any potential in's this week?

Hey guys sorry for intruding,

About Shaw last week, he obviously had a dominating game, what has changed? Are you guys switching Whitfield further up the ground to free up Shaw down back? Or did he simply had a good game where things fell his way?

Also, is Cummings close to selection?

Hey guys sorry for intruding,

About Shaw last week, he obviously had a dominating game, what has changed? Are you guys switching Whitfield further up the ground to free up Shaw down back? Or did he simply had a good game where things fell his way?

Also, is Cummings close to selection?

I think it was a combination of Buntine/Perrynan playing and the way Essendon played giving him space in the back half
I think we are more likely to see cumming in the back half of the year for a few games

I think it was a combination of Buntine/Perrynan playing and the way Essendon played giving him space in the back half
I think we are more likely to see cumming in the back half of the year for a few games
Thanks, so do you see Shaw's role continuing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week I would be unsure but the for the team to function it needs to have at least De Boer and Greene in to allow players to structure up in the correct positions
Thanks, so do you see Shaw's role continuing?

This week I would be unsure but the for the team to function it needs to have at least De Boer and Greene in to allow players to structure up in the correct positions and MDB should be the Suns game and Greene either the Lions or Hawks after the bye

Media has been ferocious in Adelaide this week so expect the Crows to fire up in front of our 50,000 rabid supporters, might be a handful of people clad in orange, but it sure won't be a fun trip for you guys.

You might be able to correct me but I don't think you've ever beaten us, anywhere, am I right there?

You might be able to correct me but I don't think you've ever beaten us, anywhere, am I right there?

We've beaten every team as of last year (Collingwood and West Coast were the last two to fall IIRC) so yes, we have but I think it's only the single victory.

Media has been ferocious in Adelaide this week so expect the Crows to fire up in front of our 50,000 rabid supporters, might be a handful of people clad in orange, but it sure won't be a fun trip for you guys.

We have won at Spotless not in Adelaide.

We dont think we are any chance on your turf so no need for the tough talk.

2O15 at Spotless Dylan Shiel ran riot, as your guys focussed on shutting down Griffen.
We always cop crapfrom the Vic press but the local press doesn't go into a frenzy, to focused on State of origin right now

This guy needs to play this week = Aiden Bonar Love the way he has played his footy in the U/18, was outstanding at the Draft combine, NEAFL form has been solid. He's exactly what the Giants need, Some physicality around the ball and the ability to pressure. Watched him closely against Redlands on the weekend and saw a good, fit, healthy footballer. Don't buy into the ACL or fitness arguments either. Considering J-Pat has had a couple and is in the ruck (Can't watch when he does, close my eyes) Bonar's time to shine is now.

bonw.jpg

This guy needs to play this week = Aiden Bonar Love the way he has played his footy in the U/18, was outstanding at the Draft combine, NEAFL form has been solid. He's exactly what the Giants need, Some physicality around the ball and the ability to pressure. Watched him closely against Redlands on the weekend and saw a good, fit, healthy footballer. Don't buy into the ACL or fitness arguments either. Considering J-Pat has had a couple and is in the ruck (Can't watch when he does, close my eyes) Bonar's time to shine is now.

View attachment 504465
Bit of a crush?

Not like we wouldnt want him to have a shot but will be interesting who gets named Thurs.

View attachment 504465
He looks fit but the NEAFL reports and Leon in the coaches insight last week indicate he's building fitness after serious injury interruptions. The time has to come though.Frankly if we lose too many more It might be better to let him build fitness in the AFL.

A win this week - even though it may be unlikely could be the biggest in the clubs history and make or break the club.

Anyway - something I heard on Monday was Shane Crawford saying that all is not well off the field for the Giants? Particularly in their professionalism and social lives?

A friend directed me to his Podcast for the audio, some may be interested.

A win this week - even though it may be unlikely could be the biggest in the clubs history and make or break the club.

Anyway - something I heard on Monday was Shane Crawford saying that all is not well off the field for the Giants? Particularly in their professionalism and social lives?

A friend directed me to his Podcast for the audio, some may be interested.
It's absurd and looking a lot like trolling to claim a game can make or a break a club.

It's absurd and looking a lot like trolling to claim a game can make or a break a club.

Get a grip big fella.

I mean more emphasis on the 'make' part of the sentence. An away win against last years grand finalists after a down patch could spur this group to the greatness they can achieve.

Get a grip big fella.

I mean more emphasis on the 'make' part of the sentence. An away win against last years grand finalists after a down patch could spur this group to the greatness they can achieve.
It's absurd. Clearly you've already got a tight grip on something. Dont come telling me a clear statement you made actually means something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back