Preview Round 11 - Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Sunday 3rd June 2018, Adelaide oval, 4.10pm ACST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's absurd. Clearly you've already got a tight grip on something. Dont come telling me a clear statement you made actually means something else.

Relax champion. Just posting my thoughts on a group I want to see succeed, no need to act all offended about it. I've posted my thoughts here before without dramas not sure why you're making this an issue.

Besides - I don't want to see it but a big loss could potentially break the morale of the group? It's been a rough ride lately. Not hoping for that at all, the opposite in fact, but yeah just chill was a quick comment that you've taken out of context. The reason I came to the board was to post the second part of that post.

Relax champion. Just posting my thoughts on a group I want to see succeed, no need to act all offended about it. I've posted my thoughts here before without dramas not sure why you're making this an issue.
Because a game does not make or break a club. It's reasonable to wonder at the motivation of people saying that.
Generally discussion is welcome, andI cant recall what you've posted before, but I assume it didn't look like a troll.

This guy needs to play this week = Aiden Bonar Love the way he has played his footy in the U/18, was outstanding at the Draft combine, NEAFL form has been solid. He's exactly what the Giants need, Some physicality around the ball and the ability to pressure. Watched him closely against Redlands on the weekend and saw a good, fit, healthy footballer. Don't buy into the ACL or fitness arguments either. Considering J-Pat has had a couple and is in the ruck (Can't watch when he does, close my eyes) Bonar's time to shine is now.

View attachment 504465
Really wish this lad was getting a game for you guys this week.. I can’t wait to see him play and have heard he’s currently playing pretty good in the seconds.

Interested because a few phantom “experts” said he would land at the crows with pick 12 last year.. so I spent a fair amount of time last year looking at his story and any footage I could find on him.

i reacon he’s gonna be a great player in the coming years..

A friend directed me to his Podcast for the audio, some may be interested.

There's always been a cloud over how Toby Greene mucked up his foot on holiday in New York; nobody has linked that with current team form tho'.
& that's all that's been heard regarding innuendo about 'party culture' at the Giants

There's always been a cloud over how Toby Greene mucked up his foot on holiday in New York; nobody has linked that with current team form tho'.
& that's all that's been heard regarding innuendo about 'party culture' at the Giants
Funny thing is he was very fwd in telling what happened.
Think he even spoke about it on his Originals podcast.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Did anyone make sense of the centre bounces against the Bombers last week? I couldn't.

It's common to see the the more traditional wings on each side of the centre square, and sometimes a pair forward and/dor back of the square. These guys sometimes run hard into the contest and sometimes hang back from what I've noticed.

Saturday night we had two pairs of players each side of the square and 2 pairs forward and back of the square, all running hard to join the contest at the bounce.
Not even sure which side initiated it, their seemed to be a bit of onfield discussion amongst our guys about the set up, but who was reacting and who initiated I dont know. It means 11 from 18 players contesting the clearance by my maths.

Our clearance work has been substandard the last couple of weeks and I wonder if it's a tactic to negate our mids. Presumably this would be in the mind of opposition tacticians with our stats on clearances usually very strong.

Did anyone make sense of the centre bounces against the Bombers last week? I couldn't.

It's common to see the the more traditional wings on each side of the centre square, and sometimes a pair forward and/dor back of the square. These guys sometimes run hard into the contest and sometimes hang back from what I've noticed.

Saturday night we had two pairs of players each side of the square and 2 pairs forward and back of the square, all running hard to join the contest at the bounce.
Not even sure which side initiated it, their seemed to be a bit of onfield discussion amongst our guys about the set up, but who was reacting and who initiated I dont know. It means 11 from 18 players contesting the clearance by my maths.

Our clearance work has been substandard the last couple of weeks and I wonder if it's a tactic to negate our mids. Presumably this would be in the mind of opposition tacticians with our stats on clearances usually very strong.
Good analysis and conclusion. I doubt it would be us o want to congest the game so possibly we were just trying to even up numbers at the contest?

Good analysis and conclusion. I doubt it would be us o want to congest the game so possibly we were just trying to even up numbers at the contest?
Yeah I'd love to have someone explain it definitively. Clubs probably won't ever reveal tactics. I agree it seems unlikely it'd be us, you'd think we'd back our inside crew against theirs in a conventional setup.

Adelaide v GIANTS
Sunday June 3 at 4:10pm
Adelaide Oval
FB: Sam Taylor, Aidan Corr, Adam Tomlinson
HB: Harry Perryman, Nick Haynes, Lachie Whitfield
C: Zac Langdon, Stephen Coniglio, Heath Shaw
HF: Tim Taranto, Jeremy Cameron, Jacob Hopper
FF: Jon Patton, Harry Himmelberg, Daniel Lloyd
Ruck: Rory Lobb, Dylan Shiel, Josh Kelly
Interchange (four to be omitted): Sam Reid, Dawson Simpson, Matt Buntine, Dylan Buckley, Ryan Griffen, Phil Davis, Brent Daniels, Callan Ward.

Interesting interchange.

Interchange (four to be omitted): Sam Reid, Dawson Simpson, Matt Buntine, Dylan Buckley, Ryan Griffen, Phil Davis, Brent Daniels, Callan Ward.

You’d have to think the four would be Daniels, Buckley, Simpson and either Reid or Buntine (toss a coin)

Congrats to Sam Taylor : welcome.

Can’t seeing us winning it though.

Normally when we name debuts, they play. However this year we play a lot more games with starting lineups and who we name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d have to think the four would be Daniels, Buckley, Simpson and either Reid or Buntine (toss a coin)

Congrats to Sam Taylor : welcome.

Can’t seeing us winning it though.
With Davis on the bench as well, he's not going to be emergency (as you note). I'd expect Buntine to hold his spot. Taylor is cover for Davis.

Edit: ignore that, just got the email.

Last edited:
Hey guys wonder what's going on with Isaac Cummings? Big game last weekend but not even named in the extended list this week?

Hey guys wonder what's going on with Isaac Cummings? Big game last weekend but not even named in the extended list this week?
It pisses me no end. I think Taylor is a tall key back though. Likely Isaac's been sent back on a mission to improve where he needs to I think.

When we pick players they usually stick for 2-4 games.

When we drop players they usually stay dropped for 2-4 games.

Obviously injuries can affect this but the above is a pretty safe guideline.

Start getting excited boys, Kelly's back with a bang & assuming Davis gets up, I have no doubt your finals run begins when you comprehensively beat us on Sunday.

Tex & Gov are the sole reason the Crows are elite, Jenkins And Lynch shine as front runners & complete us beautifully when at full strength but conversely we are reduced to relative easybeat status if they are relied upon to carry the load.

Start getting excited boys, Kelly's back with a bang & assuming Davis gets up, I have no doubt your finals run begins when you comprehensively beat us on Sunday.

Tex & Gov are the sole reason the Crows are elite, Jenkins And Lynch shine as front runners & complete us beautifully when at full strength but conversely we are reduced to relative easybeat status if they are relied upon to carry the load.

Lol we drew with Saints. No way we beat you guys.

One of our biggest wins of all time if we do.

I think it's very likely Davis wont play. Taylor will and He's a tall back.

I think it's very likely Davis wont play. Taylor will and He's a tall back.
Or, if Taylor plays does that free up Davis to play a loose roll in the backline and maybe play the rebounding role? Are they thinking if they free up his defensive commitments he might play more of a Rance role?

Or, if Taylor plays does that free up Davis to play a loose roll in the backline and maybe play the rebounding role? Are they thinking if they free up his defensive commitments he might play more of a Rance role?

Couldbe
Just that Taylor, Davis, Haynes, Corr and Buntine looks out of balance to me. Crows are generally tall but Tex is out.They have Lynch, Fogarty and Jenkins though, and Betts needs to be covered somehow.
I could be wrong.

Couldbe
Just that Taylor, Davis, Haynes, Corr and Buntine looks out of balance to me. Crows are generally tall but Tex is out.They have Lynch, Fogarty and Jenkins though, and Betts needs to be covered somehow.
I could be wrong.
Well I should have mentioned I thought if Taylor plays with Davis then Corr/ Tomlinson miss

Agree we r too tall if we don’t do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back