Blue and Gold Blood

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
west coast
Well thank god the byes are over and i can get back to the usual downgrade cash cow upgrade to premo routine.

My two trades for round 11:
Griffiths --> Simpson
Lloyd --> Parker

I will change it guaranteed before lockout but at this stage:

macrae > bartell (dpp getting langford to the mid bench)
wines > JK3 (maybe time for pendles rather then JK3)

That leaves me with only f6 (t.walker) & m8 (tyson/polec...one will start) and the rest premos......

The one thing I am wrestling with, weather to get in a back and start tex, or get in a forward and start langdon.

Last edited:

just realised that my 2 trades for next round will be hard to make. My other cash cows are nowhere near peaked, so other than sideways trading for an injured player i might not actually make 2 trades next week.

Anyone else in that situation?

crouch > c.beams
r.shaw > bartel

only langdon and hallahan left to upgrade

So far i've gone

Langdon > Martin

A downgrade that has finally cashed in the reliable Langdon, but it's getting to that time of the year. Langdon could possible stay one more week, but he's my highest cow at the moment and i need the cash. Thankyou son, you have been a wonderful contributor.

Birchall > Simpson

Whilst I have Higgins/Zorko on the field in the forward line and Suckling/Birchall in the backline (as well as still retaining two rookies in the midfield) I feel Simpson is a MUST to get in this week. Up against Brisbane next week and I can just imagine endless Mark & Kick combo's for the ever reliable, untagged, never stop running Simpson. And it will be good to finally have a Carlton player in the side.

Team post bye's looks like this.

DT Round 11.png

I have to start working on upgrading Hartung/Hallahan to premiums but it is so hard with the lack of money making ability in this game.

Next week will either be a double downgrade of Langford/Robertson (Leaving the Double H's to mature more) to set up a war chest of over 300,000 (Currently 91k) or a Lagnford down and Higgins/Jones to Dalhaus/Rockliff

Whatever I do, i need to make it my goal to upgrade at least one of the Double H's to a premium within the next three weeks.

Got to find a way to grab Simpson or Bartel, they are killing me. Langdon might still have some moo, but I think I'll move him on.

R.Shaw -> Bartel

Leaves me with about $10k and not many tempting rookies to downgrade. I've got Langford and Langdon, could move Langford from back to mid and pickup beams.

No rookies on the field, but I do have Tex sitting at F6. I thought he'd be able to average over 80 but he's rustier than I expected.

Got Bartel, but is Simpson a must have now do you think?
Sure will probably kill it this week vs Lions but then he has Cats and Hawks, Im thinking I might wait until then to upgrade, thoughts?

If I bring in Simpson this week, he would be replacing Langdon on field who also has a relatively easy opponent in Saints, followed by Dees and Dogs hence why Im reluctant to cull him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No rookies on the field, but I do have Tex sitting at F6. I thought he'd be able to average over 80 but he's rustier than I expected.

I only have Tyson who I am staisfied with for an m8 for now.

I am tempted to trade walker out this week, he served a purpose through the bye rounds. (Also I have langdon, langford & polec on the pine...polec should score better)......But I want to wait a week to have a look at Franklin, or get Roo/zorko at a ridiculously cheap price.

Him and Bartel are averaging a good 10 points above the next lot of defenders.

I don't think he's must have but he is very nice to have. Lowest score all year is 84 points in his first game. I love some consistency in defence but unfortunately you will have to pay for it :(

Yer true, we are paying full price for him pretty much, lets just hope he has a quiet patch vs Hawks and Cats then.
Annoyingly in my RDT side, I've "completed" my backline with Bartel, Burger, McVeigh, Hibbo, Swallow and Suckers so I cant see myself trading any of them out for Simmo barring injury.

Looking at your team in the other thread, good trades.

I reckon you also have to upgrade t.walker, he is not a long term f6......

yeah cheers mate will be moving him on soon just hopeing that he can make some money at least a few 80s would be good

I have to start working on upgrading Hartung/Hallahan to premiums but it is so hard with the lack of money making ability in this game.

Next week will either be a double downgrade of Langford/Robertson (Leaving the Double H's to mature more) to set up a war chest of over 300,000 (Currently 91k) or a Lagnford down and Higgins/Jones to Dalhaus/Rockliff

Whatever I do, i need to make it my goal to upgrade at least one of the Double H's to a premium within the next three weeks.
nice post bye team. Most others ive seen still have 3 rookies on the field, mine included. But yeah i made a post above wondering if anyone was going to have difficulty making trades for next round with not many cash cows ready for plucking or downgrade options popping up. Glad im not the only one struggling for money.

Players like Georgiou, Curry, and Rohan really hurt when theyve been in my starting team since day dot but not increased enough in value.

nice post bye team. Most others ive seen still have 3 rookies on the field, mine included. But yeah i made a post above wondering if anyone was going to have difficulty making trades for next round with not many cash cows ready for plucking or downgrade options popping up. Glad im not the only one struggling for money.

Players like Georgiou, Curry, and Rohan really hurt when theyve been in my starting team since day dot but not increased enough in value.
I absolutely despise Georgiou, Currie and Rohan

Dockers have a good run for the next 10 weeks or so, thinking about barlow or fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back