AFL Autopsy Round 15: 9 Point Win Against The Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

For next week
Giles IN
NOB OUT.
browne may need a rest with the concussion unfortunately.
So I'm thinking two changes. Probably 3 with Steinberg dropped.

Bags Hooker Ashby
Gleeson Hurley Gwilt (i feel dirty typing that one)
Hibberd Heppell Stanton
Edwards McKernan Zaka
Langford Daniher J.Merrett
Giles Goddard Z.Merrett
Laverde Hocking (ready?) Ambrose
Howlett

Langford and Hocking for Browne and Steinberg on top of Giles for NOB

What would you have said if they had kicked even averagely ffs? We know we have some good players, its no news flash. The win is nice to get of course! There is pleasure in the victory, but the substance isn't there behind it. They lost the game, we didn't win it. Signs are that this will temporary unless we can take another step...

What if Essendon had produced more scoring shots?
What if Essendon didn't get flogged in the hitouts and clearances?

There's a reason the scores aren't the only statistic recorded.

hooker is terrible forward. Puts pressure on, and is good for a defensive presence for JD to play off. But he is so much better reading the play down back.
We can play all three of them in defence. It means we can drop Steinberg. We just need to find a forward to play alongside JD.
you've misunderstood my post

Well I'm lucky to still have my phone , tv and walls with no holes lol .
Some of our decision making and basic skills were atrocious. Ambrose running into a ball 20 out comes to mind !
Still very happy to get the candy but frustrating.
I enjoyed watching the kids .

Well I'm lucky to still have my phone , tv and walls with no holes lol .
Some of our decision making and basic skills were atrocious. Ambrose running into a ball 20 out comes to mind !
Still very happy to get the candy but frustrating.
I enjoyed watching the kids .

How could he not of gobbled that ball and slotted the easiest of goals beats me.

Cant believe some of the s**t coming from the main board having a go at Essendon fans and their players on celebrating a win.

Some sad people out there.
its awesome. I like that our win ruins their weekend. gonna make the next flag so awesome

Heppell, Stanton, Hurley, Goddard. Our leaders all stood up.

Our kids all had a fair crack, can't ask much more of then.

Daniher showed us his future.

Hibberd and Baguley were rocks.

Jackson Merrett can play every game and I'd be happy.

Edwards can be an x-factor and needs to be persisted with.

Yeah our skills were often crud and often our decision making was crap but for the above reasons and many more, plus looking at what's in front of me, the glass is half full today. Objective analysis can wait.

I don't really care for the excuses or the excitement of a win anymore.

We won because Melbourne were garbage and Daniher pulled one out of the bag.

Ambrose, O'Brien, Howlett and Steinberg were passengers. People don't seem to understand, we don't need to be as bad as we are. It seems that Hird has some masochistic desire to make everything as hard as possible.

You have passengers every week - It's a poor argument.

I don't understand the, 'we only won because Daniher did well' argument. How else do we win other than our players doing well?

Does anybody else really like Ashby? I think he's on my 'coming good' list along with Daniher, Zerrett, Jerrett and Gleeson.

I don't understand the, 'we only won because Daniher did well' argument. How else do we win other than our players doing well?

Does anybody else really like Ashby? I think he's on my 'coming good' list along with Daniher, Zerrett, Jerrett and Gleeson.
he was very good. A couple more starts (not sub) and we may have another small defender on our hands. And another long kicking mid in Hibberd.

Ashby will be an even better version of Baguley IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hooker is terrible forward. Puts pressure on, and is good for a defensive presence for JD to play off. But he is so much better reading the play down back.
We can play all three of them in defence. It means we can drop Steinberg. We just need to find a forward to play alongside JD.
Absolutely we can play all three down back.

I would love a forward structure of Daniher plus ruckman plus 4 explosive 190cm players who can push into the midfield, fly for marks and show some tricks with the ball.

You could tell from very early on that we were there to have a real crack. Loved the endeavour of our young blokes and the leadership of senior players.

So happy for the whole club that we were able to hang on. Backs to the wall wins like that are huge.

We might not have many more to celebrate for the rest of the year so just enjoy it.

I like him. Looks to get involved, has a bit of dash and decision making seems fine. Suspect he's the type who will stand up under pressure.

I have always thought Ashby has something to offer and will develop into a decent player. Ashby, J Merret, Edwards, Browne and Laverde should be left in the team for the rest of the year. What great development for 2016. Langford should play a few more with Dalgeish.

For me it was the attack on the ball and the man from some of the younger players that really excited - at various times Edwards, both Merretts, Gleeson etc put some serious heat on the opposition.

In the cold and the wet, on a day you'd expect talls to have a shocker, Joe Daniher shone and kicked a decent bag. If that fact alone doesn't make your nuts tingle then you might want to give it away

Speaking of tingling nuts...

480334316-jayden-laverde-celebrates-after-winning-gettyimages.jpg

Absolutely we can play all three down back.

I would love a forward structure of Daniher plus ruckman plus 4 explosive 190cm players who can push into the midfield, fly for marks and show some tricks with the ball.

Baguley, Hibberd (or Ashby), Hurley, Carlisle, Hooker, Gleeson - backs.
Daniher, McKernan + Langford, Laverde, Ambrose, Edwards - forwards.

?

Baguley, Hibberd (or Ashby), Hurley, Carlisle, Hooker, Gleeson - backs.
Daniher, McKernan + Langford, Laverde, Ambrose, Edwards - forwards.

?
Yep. We're on the same page. Even if Giles isn't the man going forward he's the only ruck we have right now. We can trade for a ruck or robotise Bellchambers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Maybe you should follow another sport - Winning makes you unhappy.
Honestly it just makes me laugh that people are taking such consolation in this performance. I would have been totally stoked if we had beaten them fair and square rather than relying on them missing constantly in front of goal. If we had actually outplayed them today i would be seriously impressed. As it is, i'm just happy for the kids in the team that get to taste something sweet. Also happy for the coaches to have some heat taken off.

browne may need a rest with the concussion unfortunately.
So I'm thinking two changes. Probably 3 with Steinberg dropped.

Bags Hooker Ashby
Gleeson Hurley Gwilt (i feel dirty typing that one)
Hibberd Heppell Stanton
Edwards McKernan Zaka
Langford Daniher J.Merrett
Giles Goddard Z.Merrett
Laverde Hocking (ready?) Ambrose
Howlett

Langford and Hocking for Browne and Steinberg on top of Giles for NOB
Yeah Im happy with that!
Wouldnt mind Hocking and Langford in too.

Honestly it just makes me laugh that people are taking such consolation in this performance. I would have been totally stoked if we had beaten them fair and square rather than relying on them missing constantly in front of goal. If we had actually outplayed them today i would be seriously impressed. As it is, i'm just happy for the kids in the team that get to taste something sweet. Also happy for the coaches to have some heat taken off.
What you think they dominated the game ?, I thought it was a pretty even contest. To win the game after being challenged and with a relatively young side was really pleasing, yeah they missed some shots but bad kicking is bad football. We have lost games this year having more shots on goal , you just need to take your chances when they present themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back