Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Round 15 AFL Rising Star Nomination

Who would people pick this week? I'm going to go with Trent McKenzie (Gold Coast). Other notable yet-to-be-nominated performers this week include:
  • Daniel Talia (Adelaide)
  • Ryan Harwood (Brisbane)
  • Michael Hibberd (Essendon)
  • Tom T. Lynch (St Kilda)
  • Jeremy Howe (Melbourne)
  • Luke Dahlhaus (Western Bulldogs)
  • Joel Wilkinson (Gold Coast)
  • Liam Jones (Western Bulldogs)
  • Patrick Karnezis (Brisbane)
  • Luke Breust (Hawthorn)
  • Zachary Clarke (Fremantle)
  • Jordan Lisle (Hawthorn)
  • James Strauss (Melbourne)
  • Allen Christensen (Geelong)
  • Cameron O'Shea (Port Adelaide)
Previous nominees in 2011:
  • Round 1 - Dyson Heppell (Essendon)
  • Round 2 - Luke Shuey (West Coast)
  • Round 3 - Mitchell Duncan (Geelong)
  • Round 4 - Jasper Pittard (Port Adelaide)
  • Round 5 - Brandon Matera (Gold Coast)
  • Round 6 - Jack Darling (West Coast)
  • Round 7 - Zachary Smith (Gold Coast)
  • Round 8 - Shane Savage (Hawthorn)
  • Round 9 - Reece Conca (Richmond)
  • Round 10 - Jack Steven (St Kilda)
  • Round 11 - Jordan Gysberts (Melbourne)
  • Round 12 - Sam Reid (Sydney)
  • Round 13 - Daniel Menzel (Geelong)
  • Round 14 - David Swallow (Gold Coast)

Erm, Alex Johnson from the Swans isn't a notable? Thought he played quite well but won't get it this week.

Oh Stat is Sydney ever relevant? :p

McKenzie deserves it because he's played very well all year.

Christiansen and Hibberd were both excellent as well.

I didn't think he was that great. Talia from the same game was much better. Mckenzie deserves it on consistency.

He was one of our best players last night, in the wet, as a first year player. Yeah Talia wasn't too bad either, but didn't do too much right, just not much wrong. Was more making the point that he's a notable who's had some very good games this year.

Dyson Heppell (Should be able to get his 3rd/4th for the year if allowed)

But seriously, without haveing seen every game, I have to go with Michael Hibberd. I think he just scrapes into qualification doesn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either
michael-hibberd.jpg

or
trent-mckenzie.jpg

And the winner is ..............................

Breust :eek::eek::eek:

I know he has been good this year, but 16 disposals in a 41 point loss = nomination ??? McKenzie had a MUCH better game than Breust. I know nominations are given for consistency when there is no stand out game that rd, but McKenzie was pretty damn good. It's like Swallow last week, sure he is consistant but I doubt he would have got the nomination if he wasn't the #1 pick for the Suns.

And the winner is ..............................

Breust :eek::eek::eek:

I know he has been good this year, but 16 disposals in a 41 point loss = nomination ??? McKenzie had a MUCH better game than Breust. I know nominations are given for consistency when there is no stand out game that rd, but McKenzie was pretty damn good. It's like Swallow last week, sure he is consistant but I doubt he would have got the nomination if he wasn't the #1 pick for the Suns.

Breust probably has been unlucky a few weeks not to get it. But yes I agree McKenzie should've got it by now. I'm sure he will get nominated.

You're right in regards to that they probably do throw in a player who has been consistent over the course of the year. Conceivably you may be the best Rising Star but never the best any particular week, meaning you never get a nomination and that's why they do it.

Disappointing he got nominated this week as I think it takes a little of the spark away from what has been a great cameo of games this year.

Deserved to be nominated at some stage but others were more deserving this week; Lisle was probably better in his own team.

Glad to have him though :) and his goals kicked and assisted stats are impressive considering the many times he has started as sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back