POTY Round 17 vs West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting that in a thrashing (point wise anyway) people have the defenders dominating their top 5s (mostly)
I'd be interested to hear how we did for one-on-one contests, after seeing the stat that we were worst in the league over the past 6 rounds. Champion_Data ?

No love for Jetta's game? I know you don't rate him, but he seemed to do the things you wanted him to, no?
Listen mate, it might not be his fault, but he had a chance to take them on several times, but didn't and then bombed away. Next you'll be saying one of the Captains should have got a vote !

Listen mate, it might not be his fault, but he had a chance to take them on several times, but didn't and then bombed away. Next you'll be saying one of the Captains should have got a vote !

There were a couple of times when he obviously thought about it, but I got the impression that he looked up and realised that if he did break the line, there was no-one in front of him that he could actually kick it to. The fact that we seemed to be playing a 1-on-2 forward line for most of the game probably was a part of that.

Also, you might want to see the Kieren Jack thread I started ...

There were a couple of times when he obviously thought about it, but I got the impression that he looked up and realised that if he did break the line, there was no-one in front of him that he could actually kick it to. The fact that we seemed to be playing a 1-on-2 forward line for most of the game probably was a part of that.

Also, you might want to see the Kieren Jack thread I started ...
So he just bombed it to 2 Eagles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast v Sydney Swans
10 Matt Priddis (WC)
6 Mark LeCras (WC)
6 Brad Sheppard (WC)
3 Nic Naitanui (WC)
3 Callum Sinclair (WC)
1 Andrew Gaff (WC)
1 Lewis Jetta (Swans)

Didn't think any of our players deserved votes, but we managed to jag a token one

7 wins (35%), 5 losses (25%) from 20. AFL Average is 29% win, 27.5% loss.

Pretty good performance by the defence, it would seem, to have roughly gone at league average given we lost inside 50's by 23, clearances by 13, contested possessions by 45 and disposals by 49.

10 Matt Priddis (WC)
6 Mark LeCras (WC)
6 Brad Sheppard (WC)
3 Nic Naitanui (WC)
3 Callum Sinclair (WC)
1 Andrew Gaff (WC)
1 Lewis Jetta (Swans)

Didn't think any of our players deserved votes, but we managed to jag a token one

Pretty fair.

10 Matt Priddis (WC)
6 Mark LeCras (WC)
6 Brad Sheppard (WC)
3 Nic Naitanui (WC)
3 Callum Sinclair (WC)
1 Andrew Gaff (WC)
1 Lewis Jetta (Swans)

Priddis is unfairly maligned and is a genuine gun midfielder. But he's somehow improved over the off-season and has been a lot more damaging by foot this year. Easy BOG on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back