Preview Round 18, 2023 : North v Hawthorn, 1:10pm Sunday 16th July, Marvel stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

after a change of plans tomorrow thought ahh might as well grab a ticket and go to the game - $52 a ticket a bit rude - watching on Kayo now 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
I just got a GA for $27 and free tickets for the kids. You need to login to your ticketmaster account to be offered the GA tickets. If you aren't logged in they try to stitch you up with expensive reserved seats.

This is an unbelievable leap of logic, especially from a purported lawyer.
On holiday - I’ll sharpen up next week.

SYL’s basically suggesting we ignore what players may have done / how they played/ developed prior to drafting and go easy on them as they’re “green” at the age of 24 after 5 years at Hawthorn.

Seemed odd to me, and anyone who has done any recruiting / junior player development would agree there’s a point where the kid needs to become a man. For mine, Ned has regressed this season. He’s a big boy (in several respects) and it’s time he started working harder around the ground to get involved in the general play.

Otherwise he will go down in history as another bean pole tap machine who never really kicked on.

If Sean Darcy after getting drafted can drop 10kgs of fat so he is far more mobile, and at AFL level average 13 touches / 3 marks per game, and 10 goals a year, then that’s what Ned should be looking to do as well.

He may have gone a tad too far back but NGA academy candidates start getting monitered very early. U13s there is a big radar out on junior leagues with heaps of knowledge already about the players coming thru. They are listed from entry level seasons eg U8s on a watch list. By U15s it's brutal with gun players getting cut.
I never said he had been scrutinised from day dot.

My point being he has been familiar with the game for that long, played it regularly and has played ruck all the way through because he has always been tall.

Yep - u9s is irrelevant (and I never said it was) to his development but fact is he was in the elite programs from age 14 (as a ruck) and is now 24.

He isn’t green as SYL claimed, and it’s not as if we have tried to teach him how to play a new position when he joined Hawthorn 5 years ago.

My point being he has been familiar with the game for that long, played it regularly and has played ruck all the way through because he has always been tall.

Yep - u9s is irrelevant (and I never said it was) to his development but fact is he was in the elite programs from age 14 (as a ruck) and is now 24.

He isn’t green as SYL claimed, and it’s not as if we have tried to teach him how to play a new position when he joined Hawthorn 5 years ago.
He’s a 211cm 24yr old ruckmen with barely 30 full games at the top level to his name. He is green, particularly for a ruckman.

You’d be laughed out of the club if you told anyone within our footy dept that he should be the finished product because of his involvement with footy through his teens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I wasn't suggesting that just making the point that these kids are tracked from their first year of club footy. I get your point and agree with the principle - where I depart is that Reeves is now trying to keep up at the top level which is a steep learning curve and nothing like his footy experience growing up.

Reeves couldn't get a game in the A grade Ammos senior side the year we rookied him. That isn't an elite program. He has been a slow developer obv a long way off in his draft eligible year as wasn't really on the radar for clubs despite being tall.

As a 24 year old he actually plays a bit like an 18 year old ruck who has just come into the system. From time to time shows qualities to suggest he should be peristed with but is a looonnnggg way off on others with some pretty serious doubts about whether he can get there.

I purchased a GA ticket online today for $27. Not sure where the GA sections will be for tomorrow's game, though I imagine there should be some on level 1
Speaking of GA tickets, I spoke to the club about the way GA members are spread all over the ground and nowhere near out cheer squad for home games. I doubt anything will come from it any time soon, but at at the very least, our home games should have an area of 10k-15k Hawthorn supporters grouped together to make some F*&King noise!

cheers and we are now going to the game
Make sure you take a backpack full of food. Marvel is horrendous for both prices and portion sizes. A company called Spotless used to provide the food… and there were issues. Not sure who provides the food now but it has nothing to do with providing a good experience for the footy fan. It is all about profit.

I love the thermos full of frankfurts and quality rolls from my local. With cheese, sauce, mustard,… at half time the perfect HotDog can be created… for me with the kids, it adds to the fun.

Make sure you take a backpack full of food. Marvel is horrendous for both prices and portion sizes. A company called Spotless used to provide the food… and there were issues. Not sure who provides the food now but it has nothing to do with providing a good experience for the footy fan. It is all about profit.

I love the thermos full of frankfurts and quality rolls from my local. With cheese, sauce, mustard,… at half time the perfect HotDog can be created… for me with the kids, it adds to the fun.
The good old thermos hotdogs always feels like you've pulled off a moral victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back