Preview Round 18, 2023 : North v Hawthorn, 1:10pm Sunday 16th July, Marvel stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really liked Sam’s commentary around DGB’s development at his presser. Convinced he will still be a player and will be a backman, it’s just finding the right path to get him there.
Been baffled by team selection last couple of weeks, but the team is clearly being picked for long term development.
You have to back the coaches in 100% or not at all, and I’m backing Sammy, even if I am scratching my head most weeks.
Feels like we’re pumping DGB up for trade. We’re mentioning him way too much for a fringe player.

Feels like we’re pumping DGB up for trade. We’re mentioning him way too much for a fringe player.
Sam knows that social media and this site have been bagging the kid. He is just backing in one of his own. Asking for patience of which there seems to be none.

Edit: Sam sees a future where he isnt a fringe player

I'm going to lose my s**t if our captain does something Sicily again.
I would have thought getting 20 intercept marks, 43 possessions at 100% and kicking 6 goals from the defensive half of the centre square would make you a little less shirty than that.

Sam knows that social media and this site have been bagging the kid. He is just backing in one of his own. Asking for patience of which there seems to be none.

It’s been a bit over the top to be just backing in a player for a guy barely playing - he’s been called out a few weeks in a row. Can’t imagine Sam is reacting to BF - he’d been flat out defending every player on list most weeks.

Reminds me of when we were pumping up Jono Hay before we traded him to north.

Not bagging the kid but this is where I think Sam would struggle. IMO DGB likes to free wheel which the game at AFL level doesn’t cater for. The biggest insight for me was in his interview on talking hawks the other day when asked about his move forward…..
586cad711dac56dd58b00bd86225b25a.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not bagging the kid but this is where I think Sam would struggle. IMO DGB likes to free wheel which the game at AFL level doesn’t cater for. The biggest insight for me was in his interview on talking hawks the other day when asked about his move forward…..

I think it's more reflective of Defense vs Attack. Forwards are more reactive to play whereas defenders need to be proactive and structured otherwise they get holes picked in them. Forwards generally do have more freedom and also don't get exposed as much if they mess up compared to a defender due to the outcome of a mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s been a bit over the top to be just backing in a player for a guy barely playing - he’s been called out a few weeks in a row. Can’t imagine Sam is reacting to BF - he’d been flat out defending every player on list most weeks.

Reminds me of when we were pumping up Jono Hay before we traded him to north.
While what u say about all our players is true, there is lot more pressure on DGB at least externally because he is pick 6. The focus is a lot more intense.

Yeah i did post about it. He just needs a mental break from being a defender. It will do him good

For what it is worth, at the Captain's Run this morning, we had Meek, Morrison, Long and Bramble involved in the drills. Believe there is a watch on a few players for tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if there is a late change, similar to Jars for the game against Carlton a few weeks back.

For what it is worth, at the Captain's Run this morning, we had Meek, Morrison, Long and Bramble involved in the drills. Believe there is a watch on a few players for tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if there is a late change, similar to Jars for the game against Carlton a few weeks back.
Was Seamus involved at all, or is he definitely being rested?

Was Seamus involved at all, or is he definitely being rested?
He is there, but haven’t participated much.
Always standing at the side with the staff.

1st one to go upstairs.

This is this morning. Seamus at the side.
Also notice Amon in the middle who speaks from time to time with the trainers/coaches
IMG_0890.jpeg

Last edited:
That is just unbelievable work 🤯. Thank you all very much, you’ve been immensely helpful. Although I also have panic traded Warner out for Worpel who you think might be a late out?
It’s possible for Worpel to be a late out, maybe thats why we have Ned Long in the Captain’s run in order to be Worp’s possible replacement.

Cheapest tickets online are $52. Level 1 only. Can you walk up and get GA?
I purchased a GA ticket online today for $27. Not sure where the GA sections will be for tomorrow's game, though I imagine there should be some on level 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back