Preview Round 18, 2023 : North v Hawthorn, 1:10pm Sunday 16th July, Marvel stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s played football for 20 years? Wtf.
Started when he was 5.

He is now 24.

He has played football as a ruck all the way through juniors, at St Kevin’s, at Oakleigh, for Vic Metro, etc. He isn’t Conor Nash and trying to learn a new game from scratch.

Are you suggesting no one learns anything about how to be a ruck until they are 18/19 and end up getting drafted into the AFL?

If so, that’s a rather novel suggestion.

Started when he was 5.

He is now 24.

He has played football as a ruck all the way through juniors, at St Kevin’s, at Oakleigh, for Vic Metro, etc. He isn’t Conor Nash and trying to learn a new game from scratch.

Are you suggesting no one learns anything about how to be a ruck until they are 18/19 and end up getting drafted into the AFL?

If so, that’s a rather novel suggestion.
I think it’s one the oddest things I’ve read on this board in all my years.

I look forward to the draft profiles of under 18’s declaring that they have 14 years of footballing experience.

View attachment 1738036
Moore and Will Day were the last 2 players in the oval and taking pictures with the crew which I assume will be posted in our website sooner or later.
Looks like there is a midget standing on the fence. Has exceptional balance.

I think it’s one the oddest things I’ve read on this board in all my years.

I look forward to the draft profiles of under 18’s declaring that they have 14 years of footballing experience.
So on your analysis…..Harley Reid is a massive punt because he hasn’t played footy yet?

Can get around DGB as sub tbh. Especially with his fitness issues.

Yep. He was pretty good in the first quarter flying for everything.

Let him go hell for leather for a quarter.

Don't like a forward line of Breust, Greene, Moore and Wingard though. Lacking some zip there, especially without Butler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh FFS. Just give DBG a run if games until end of year to get some continuity, and to build fitness if he needs it. We’re locked into pick 3 so nothing to lose. Also time to start resting a few to see what Hustwaite etc has to give. I’d also play Jeka CHB for remaining games. What’s to lose? Rather pour hot water in my eyes than watch frost for rest of year

Oh FFS. Just give DBG a run if games until end of year to get some continuity, and to build fitness if he needs it. We’re locked into pick 3 so nothing to lose. Also time to start resting a few to see what Hustwaite etc has to give. I’d also play Jeka CHB for remaining games. What’s to lose? Rather pour hot water in my eyes than watch frost for rest of year

He is gone! Most likely heading back to west coast if they want him .

Mitchell even says as much, and in the week prior where people were potting Reeves for not taking advantage of Carlton’s lack of rucks our coach highlighted that it was the mids getting pushed out of the way and not connecting with Reeves that was the area of concern that they wanted to rectify heading into the Giants game.
Potting Reeves at this stage of a very big man’s career is a true sure fire sign the speaker has zero idea what they’re talking about…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back