Preview Round 18 v West Coast Optus Stadium Sunday July 16 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week we head to Perth for our 4th interstate trip in 7 games. The positive is that the Eagles aren't playing that well and if we can get on top early the opportunity presents to get our % back above 100, which will be important given we have a draw along with Carlton Geelong and Sydney.

We'll be heading over minus one of our captains who got himself suspended for a off the ball bump last week, while its also possible that one or both Jack and Trent get rested with a short turnaround for Hawthorn next Saturday.

Possible line up
Out: Nankervis(suspended) Cotchin(managed) Bauer(injured)
In: Soldo Mansell

B: Young Balta Grimes
HB: D.Rioli Broad Vlastuin
C: McIntosh Taranto Ross
HF: Baker Bolton Graham
F: Pickett Martin Riewoldt
R: Soldo Hopper Prestia
INT: M.Rioli Miller Banks Mansell

Agree with those ins/outs RT

…I think we might add Prestia as a managed out

In: Soldo Mansell Ross comes into 22 …

most likely Juddy comes in to run up and down the big WA ground….or .one of (Tresize or Dow) who were both rated highly going off the RFC vfl report….

Thomson Dow (30 disposals, 18 contested possessions, 11 clearances, one goal)

"Had an outstanding game. Led all players with 11 clearances and was instrumental for us in and around stoppage. It was good to see him hit the scoreboard also."

James Trezise (22 disposals, six marks, five rebound-50s)

"Also outstanding. He won the ball back for us a dozen times off the opposition, and for most of the day, he used the ball very well. He's in very good form and he's ready if an opportunity presents itself."

but not these…

Tyler Sonsie (22 disposals, six inside-50s, two marks)

"He had a reasonable day. We'd love to see him impact in and around stoppage a little bit more and win more of his own ball. Having said that, he used the ball pretty well to create for us on the day."

Hugo Ralphsmith (16 disposals, three marks, one goal)

"He played down back and on a wing and I thought he ran and carried and was able to overlap really well to break lines on occasion. But, we probably could have got more bang for buck from his disposal."

Noah Cumberland (15 disposals, seven inside-50s, two goals)

"Had four shots on goal. He has the opportunity to really impact games, which we saw on the weekend. I'd just like for him to be a little bit more consistent through the four quarters."
Matt Coulthard (10 disposals, two marks, one inside-50)

"An interesting day for Matt. I thought he had the opportunity to have a big influence on the game. He looked really promising, but probably didn't have the impact on the scoreboard we would like for him to have."

Samson Ryan (10 disposals, five marks, two inside-50s)

"Once again, he looked as though he could have blown the game apart. He took three towering contested marks and had a number of shots on goal, but was unable to convert unfortunately."

Would be disappointed if it’s less than 50pts. That Brisbane game could be costly.
Me too. We're competing with Geelong, Sydney, and Carlton for percentage. Carlton smacked West Coast by 102 points in Perth and will probably do it again next week at Marvel.

We need to get percentage and I'm not waiting for it to be North Melbourne (we're basically their Grand Final). So we probably have to get it over the next two weeks against West Coast and Hawthorn.

Shuey and Hurn expected back. They're not the pushover they were a month ago. Don't think it'll be a percentage booster, we just need the 4 points.
#

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey and Hurn expected back. They're not the pushover they were a month ago. Don't think it'll be a percentage booster, we just need the 4 points.
Didn’t Shuey play in West Coast’s 171-point loss though? I see where you’re coming from but what I can tell, Yeo, Gaff, Sheed, Shuey, Kelly, Darling, Duggan, Barrass, and Allen were playing in that game and they still got smacked.

Shuey, Hurn, Allen and Barrass all try, but the rest of the senior players seem like they’re checked out and couldn’t care less. They’re only good on paper as a group nowadays.

If we’re on from the first quarter, then their senior players will check out again and we’ll cruise to a big win in my opinion. If we trail at quarter time though, then we’re in some sort of trouble. The West Coast players, crowd, and the umps will come for us. They’d be hungry for West Coast’s first win since Round 2.

But I don’t think it’ll happen. I think we’ll be switched on in the first quarter and beat them by 50+. I really hope I’m not overrating our chances, but I think we can do it.

Richmond 9.13 (67) def by Sydney Swans 12.16 (88)
Ryan Clarke (SS)
7 Thomson Dow (RIC)
4 Sam Wicks (SS)
3 James Trezise (RIC)
Dylan Stephens (SS)
3 Corey Warner (SS)

Lets Go Time GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back