Discussion Round 19, 2016 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

In most cases, pairing white shorts with white jumpers is the way to go.
But mismatching with teams such as North, Geelong, Footscray and Collingwood's clash is a much better/ bolder look.
North, Geelong & Collingwood would be the expection to that rule, as would teams where a jumper suits white short (WB home, and West Coast Royal for instance look great with white shorts).

The OP of the North thread makes reference to 'Bold Blue'. What is that? And how does it vary from 'Royal Blue'?

It doesn't. When they refer to bold blue, they are simply talking about the royal blue clash (new home?) jumper. I don't know why they continue to use the "bold blue" term. People in the thread have questioned it because even they don't know what is meant by it.

(WB home, and West Coast Royal for instance look great with white shorts).
Was right with you up to here, they don't look great with white shorts and they are in no way better than just wearing the royal shorts.

West Coast really just need to go with Royal with Golden Yellow wings and Golden Yellow with Royal Wings.

New Saints clash eh? Look forward to it. They're always one upping themselves in the jumper dept.
The only way we can one up ourselves is going with the Crusader with Red Back and Shorts but we'd still need a White clash and we cant get any better than the 2004/2005 Candy-Stripe as far as that goes, the current faux-candy is the next best to that. We've reached the point of perfection anything else is a step back now.

There's fair reason I don't go into the North board often. Every time I read a post there I remember why I don't participate. There's so many other inane threads and posters that can't won't even justify an opinion, but are 100% sure whatever they think is the only way to think.
Exactly why I don't venture into the Main Board too. Too many morons out there who post crap without thinking

The only way we can one up ourselves is going with the Crusader with Red Back and Shorts but we'd still need a White clash and we cant get any better than the 2004/2005 Candy-Stripe as far as that goes, the current faux-candy is the next best to that. We've reached the point of perfection anything else is a step back now.
This is what I mean:
stkildafc-uniform-v2.png

It works fine vs Collingwood, the Crusader in red would be better but then that doesn't work vs other teams.
If the StK clash worked fine against Collingwood it'll also work fine against NM - there's less mutual colour.

We were fine before North decided that Blue shorts were more important than the jumper.
This is the same argument of "we were fine before Collingwood decided to go black | Port took all the teal off their kit | WCE went navy blue | Essendon changed from pink with a black sash in the year 1732". It's just useless finger-pointing and always has been.
Bottom line is, the home club can wear whatever the hell they want. If royal shorts are so precious to them, then they can wear royal tops to ensure they get the shorts.

See my previous post here on what I think we should do.

But mixing and matching doesn't ******* work and the white shorts away shorts rule should ******* go, this season has been an absolute joke.[/QUOTE]

As for the shorts - I know presently it's all bound by the AFL's "well someone's gotta wear 'em" white shorts policy, but if it wasn't, there'd still be nothing wrong with teams wearing white shorts unless white is a major colour of the opposition's kit - by which I mean, white would be considered a clash colour. Which it's not if NM are wearing a full royal kit. There's no point wearing white shorts if NM is in their white kit, definitely, but if they're in the blue kit then white or black is fine.

Would love to see St Kilda keep the same jumper front and just have a red back and a white back option. I'm sure the AFL would shoot it down but go on, give it a crack...
This scenario wouldn't generate additional revenue via merchandise sales

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back of the record has an advertisement for CCC, this week.

It's got Goldstein, Ziebell and a coupla others on it.

In the blue kits.

I think it's official.

FML
In 2014 I got a fixture guide and it had mostly the captains running through a banner and the North player was in the clash. I thought they had changed back then but yeah. I don't know what they're doing.

This kit popped up and I immediately thought of North, why couldn't something like this work? Even stripes which would work both home and away, then you could introduce a Bounding Roo or Argentina or Heritage clash alongside it. Plus something like this would work with both "bold blue" or white shorts.

sheffield-wednesday-2015-2016-home-football-kit.jpg

Yeah I've long advocated even royal and white, ala the 70s. No idea why it wouldn't work and it would make the club stand out and also ship jumpers as it looks different enough to the current home. Missed chance.

273073-oak-park-v-strathmore.jpg

Nah, it doesn't look right equal.

I'm not sure why we need to change, really.
I'm not saying you need to change it because I personally don't think you do. I'm saying if you are going to change it for the sake of the blue shorts, why not try and make it worth your while at the same time by consolidating your home and aways, making your overall look "bolder" too.

It'd also look closer to some of your older kits:
North-1975.gif

North-1981.gif

North-2b.gif

West Coast really just need to go with Royal with Golden Yellow wings and Golden Yellow with Royal Wings.
Everyone bar the club wants this. Maybe with a change of management we'll get our colours back someday.

Last edited:
It'd also look like crap. See GWS dark front, light back.
A white back on the StK jumper would just look like a fuller version of the 2010s "fat white centre panel" clash jumper.
A red back on the StK jumper would have the same amount of red on it as the current one has black on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back