Autopsy Round 19, 2023 : Hawks can’t get it done against Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep.
I agree with his ability.
The blokes a star.
I may be guilty of very high expectations of elite athletes. James is an elite footballer.
I just expect better when things are pretty much on your terms… there was zero need for his constant gesturing when it wasn’t going his way but it was going the teams way.

I felt it turning.

Yes there’s many other factors… but the mindless bump on the Saints bloke and gobbing off when your side is completely on top & doing a lot right just really really irks me.

So the same umps that let him get away with the few slightly “dubious” marking efforts had it in for him?

Or can we assume again he just went too far?
There’s a difference between not seeing a marking infringement, in the heat of the moment, and ignoring the absolute vitriol shown to them AFTER play had stopped, (NOT in the heat of the moment)by the tigers.

Sorry that I expect more from the Captain of the team I support.

As for putting supporter in quotes cause you don't agree with me is extremely poor form on your part. Not sure why you think you are better a better supporter than others but you should rethink how you treat other members.
You’re not the one I was referring to. I have zero issue with your take.

There’s a difference between not seeing a marking infringement, in the heat of the moment, and ignoring the absolute vitriol shown to them AFTER play had stopped, (NOT in the heat of the moment)by the tigers.

Agreed. I just don’t want my captain doing it. He was best on. Don’t tarnish that.

You need to understand. The umpires are not going to ****ing change. It is out of his control. He can only control himself. Hence for the betterment of the team he will have to change.

You’re not the one I was referring to. I have zero issue with your take.
All cool. My main takeaway from today is that everyone here is really pissed off that we lost and has so much passion that we are all losing our collective minds a little bit.

I think we will be alright in the coming years.

Agreed. I just don’t want my captain doing it. He was best on. Don’t tarnish that.
Fair enough. Sort of agree. However what I won’t do is accept him being held to a different standard by the umpire/mro than other because”he’s James Sicily” totally unacceptable and needs to be called out.

Sorry that I expect more from the Captain of the team I support.
Me too.

Dawson, Neale / Andrews, Cripps, Moore, Merrett, Pearce, Dangerfield, Witts/Miller, Greene, Gawn, Simpkin/McDonald, Jonas (if not playing SANFL) / Wines, Nank/ Grimes, Steele, Parker/Mills/Rampe, Bontempelli, Shuey…..

None of these blokes react to umpires the way Sicily does. They just get on with the game.

It’s costing us and he needs to grow up.

Soldo had 33 hit outs, 3 clearances, 12 disposals (to Ned’s 9) and 6 tackles (to Neds 3) and he kicked a goal, which Ned did not.

Soldo probably just shades Ned….but he has played VFL almost all year.

It was a position we should’ve won with Nankervis out.

Soldo was better. And you're right, with Nank out it should have been a big win for us.

This. And his penchant for speaking his mind was well know when he was selected.
He crosses the line? Ping him. But ping everyone who does it then ffs.
But to umpire him to a stricter standard is ****ed. And supporters suggesting he should change because of his persecution is even more ****ed.

So was Tazz but matured and with that he took his game to a whole other level
Ridiculous that Sicily is copping it. Easily our best all day, again.

I really enjoyed three quarters today. Final term stunk.

Sicily is not copping it. There is discussion around some aspects of his game. There’s no abuse just observations

Not everything has to be sugar and roses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was looking at the centre bounces in the last trying to see where it might have gone wrong.

Worps with 3 centre clearances from only 4 attendances is a fair effort.

We just couldn’t shut down their rebound game once they won it.
He's 3rd in the comp for Centre clearances now. Such a beast.

Me too.

Dawson, Neale / Andrews, Cripps, Moore, Merrett, Pearce, Dangerfield, Witts/Miller, Greene, Gawn, Simpkin/McDonald, Jonas (if not playing SANFL) / Wines, Nank/ Grimes, Steele, Parker/Mills/Rampe, Bontempelli, Shuey…..

None of these blokes react to umpires the way Sicily does. They just get on with the game.

It’s costing us and he needs to grow up.
I also didn’t like his attitude when he didn’t get the handball from Worpel when he was lining up for goal in the 1st. Worpel kicked the goal no celebration, walked back to the backline by himself and shaking his head

Still best on ground but needs to be better with those things at times

I also didn’t like his attitude when he didn’t get the handball from Worpel when he was lining up for goal in the 1st. Worpel kicked the goal no celebration, walked back to the backline by himself and shaking his head

Still best on ground but needs to be better with those things at times
Yep.

At the moment….it’s too much about him and not the greater good of the team / club.

I actually liked Frost in the ruck at times was able to leap and compete. Could this be a new role for him?
Liked him there against GWS as well. Plus it means 30 less minutes in the backline to do something stupid

Reeves D50 work is the worst I've seen by a ruckman in my time of following footy.

If he's going to play, I'd prefer he not go back at all so the defence aren't put in a mindset that's a false sense of security

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

1 mark a game and Meek is no better.

We were spoiled with Big Boy.

We need to move on from Frost and Finn we simply can’t carry absolute turnover merchants like that. Finn is heart and soul and the best tagger but can’t hit a barn door with a banjo and Frost there just aren’t words for. Also Long was done a total disservice he’s not at all the right choice as a sub. he’s an endurance player Butler or a mackenzie should have been the sub today.

The upside is we can’t worsen our draft position but we are creating a buzz to help us in the years to come with attracting the pieces we need to contend, so whilst gutting to lose to those morons, it was a pleasing performance when playing the long game.

First 3 quarters were pretty good.

I’ll have to find the stomach to watch the 4th again, but my impression at the time was that CMac and Impey showed the most composure and leadership when we were buckling.

Day drifting back at first steadied us, but when the Tiges manned him up, he should have taken his man back up to the contest where he would have had the advantage. With the numbers we had back, the backline had to spread and share it instead of hacking it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back