Round 19 Fantasy trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Franklin but only just. Depends if the rest of your forwards are consistent or if you already have a few wild cards. Franklin should kill it though.

Yeah, I'm going for league win.

I feel Franklin has the bigger ceiling so could be a good wild card for finals.

I might keep boomer as a possible replacement if another fwd in injured.

Shenton out has me worried, hate having no bench cover.

So should I stick with my original plan of going Duncan -> Selwood/Sidebottom/KJ or get bench cover like a Lemmens/HoneyC and make bit of cash in the process?
Have about 50k in the bank atm.

I really want to make a bit of headway with my overall ranking so my gut tells me to just go for it, but having a bench cover is just as important, wont be too many more cheap reliable ones coming in now!

well hibberd as stopped me getting Johnson for my first league match. I am having hope in my mids, so:

hibberd > hodge
derx > thurlow (leaving me 100k for next week. I have only lost one league game this year so hopefully next week I dont have to play)

AF:
J.Lloyd to O'Rourke
Fyfe to Rockliff (and now captain)
Can't afford to not have Rocky, despite his price and losing Fyfe. Holding Macrae!

RDT:
No trades! (None left lol)
Hibberd out hurts, but Brodie Martin comes off the bench. He is playing well so not too concerned.
Ranked 163, and having been climbing ever since the bye rounds. Top 100 at seasons end is the goal!

RDT - Buddy out so forced to trade Shenton or hope that either him or Honeychurch get a game. 373,000 to spend so bringing in Wright from North who has actually scored ok the last 2 games. He is also a Back/FWD so with 1 trade left could be handy if I need to switch him back.

Also did Gunston to McGlynn.

Last edited:
Yeah well said. Hanley got tagged recently and didn't cope with it well from memory? Could have been a few weeks ago. It actually makes perfect sense to trade him out...I've got a week off after winning my first finals game so might sit on him and see if he can find a way however.

Hanley found a way :)

Happy with my trades this week. Grabbed Butler and Caddy for benchcover instead of Suckers -> Mitchell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hanley -> Mitchell
Ellis -> L.Thompson

300k banked.

Why oh why did you trade out Hanley when he's one of the most inform mids in the comp AND classed as a defender in fantasy? The way he burnt off the hard tag by McKenzie was actually scary... would of gone 150+ again without the tag. Taking out his injury VS Port in round 4 he's had 1 bad game all year and that was against the best tagger in the league Crowley. Difference between then and round 22 coming up is Hanley will actually be expecting the Crowley tag and will be prepared for it. On current form he will be able to burn off most of the tag.

Anyway here are some stats that you should have considered before trading him:

2nd highest averaging defender all year only behind Jimmy B.
Averaged 106.9 since round 11 - Making him the highest averaging defender since then by a clear 7 ppg (Hodge next best with 100)
Averaged 115.8 last 5 - Highest averaging defender by a clear 10 ppg in his last 5
3rd highest averaging player OVERALL last 5 weeks (midfielders included). Only Jelwood and Sidebottom have scored more!

Sleep well my friend.

How did that work out ;)

Unfortunately we don't have the benefit of hindsight when making our trades. Hanley got tagged as I predicted, it just so happened that he beat the tag for the first time and Mitchell was a late out. I put that down to bad luck.

Why oh why did you trade out Hanley when he's one of the most inform mids in the comp AND classed as a defender in fantasy? The way he burnt off the hard tag by McKenzie was actually scary... would of gone 150+ again without the tag. Taking out his injury VS Port in round 4 he's had 1 bad game all year and that was against the best tagger in the league Crowley. Difference between then and round 22 coming up is Hanley will actually be expecting the Crowley tag and will be prepared for it. On current form he will be able to burn off most of the tag.

Anyway here are some stats that you should have considered before trading him:

2nd highest averaging defender all year only behind Jimmy B.
Averaged 106.9 since round 11 - Making him the highest averaging defender since then by a clear 7 ppg (Hodge next best with 100)
Averaged 115.8 last 5 - Highest averaging defender by a clear 10 ppg in his last 5
3rd highest averaging player OVERALL last 5 weeks (midfielders included). Only Jelwood and Sidebottom have scored more!

Sleep well my friend.

Here are a couple of numbers I find far more important:

35- his score last time he was tagged by Macaffer who he is up against again in round 21.
47- his score last time he was tagged by Crowley who he is up against again in round 22.
20- his second half total points against WC when Hutchings went to him (his most recent match where he was tagged).
530k- his price tag
439k- Mitchell's price tag
91k- the profit made from the trade.

Hanley is a very good player but he is also an outside (and damaging) player that teams love to tag. He has played some good games since coming back from injury but that game against GC basically let ever other team know that they can't leave him to run free. He just hurts teams to much.

The problem with outside players is that they rely a lot on marks and kicks. He isn't a big tackler (not saying he can't, just that it's not a DT scoring + for him) and he has struggled massively DT wise when tagged in the past. I can't recall a game that he has beaten the tag before this weekend.

Looking at his run home, he was always going to get tagged against Melbourne, might be left free against Adelaide (unlikely IMO), guaranteed to be tagged against Collingwood and Fremantle and then he has Geelong in the final week who are hard to predict with the tag but Guthrie is good when he does. So, a 530k player that has a history of not handling the tag and is looking at getting a close tag in at least 3 out of the 5 remaining games with the possibility of getting tagged in all 5.. That to me looks like a lot of coin for someone that I have very little confidence in scoring well during my teams finals campaign.

Then we have Mitchell who is underpriced with his price about to go back up to the price it should be over the next few rounds. I was very confident that he would out score Hanley for the remainder of the year and on top of that I get 91k banked.

Now of course using the benefit of hindsight, that trade backfired horribly last round. Mitchell as a late out and then Hanley finally scoring well whilst tagged was not something I could have predicted. But that happens, if Hanley continues on his form and beats the tag for the rest of the year then it's a bad trade but let's not forget he was up against a fairly average team which helps even with a tag. I'm still confident that if both Hanley and Mitchell play out the rest of the year, Mitchell will out score Hanley.

I will sleep just fine thank you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back