Preview Round 2, 2023: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 25th March, 7:25PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Bulldogs

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 34 55.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably not a bad idea having Windy as sub, with his early good pre season form, then missing last weeks game, there is a possibility he may go too hard too early. Give him a gallop later on, he can see what’s happening & helps him get back into the game.

Probably not a bad idea having Windy as sub, with his early good pre season form, then missing last weeks game, there is a possibility he may go too hard too early. Give him a gallop later on, he can see what’s happening & helps him get back into the game.
But what happens if there’s an injury in the first five minutes and he has to play virtually the whole game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar out helps. Balances out us not having the speed of Jones in our midfield.

They’re now missing a lot from their team of late last season, when they were playing well. From their last win (R23) they won’t have:

Dunkley (who won their B&F)
Treloar (his wife)
Weightman
Hunter
Gardner
Smith (Roark variety)
Vandermeer
Plugger (Cordy)

If we bring it for 4 quarters like we did last week (a big ask tho, especially off a 6 day break) I’ll be pretty surprised if we lose.

Last edited:
Seb is a huge in if he's 100% fit. Really interested to see how he goes under Ross. Had an underrated season last year.
Have never been a massive fan, but he won me over last year. Game went to another level.

Seemed to stop those infuriating 40m floater kicks into F50 as well, and was a bit more damaging.

Hoping for our closest game with the Dogs since that elimination final in 2020, though we were all over them until the end of that game… have we beaten them since? (Maybe once but I can’t remember), I think it’ll be close on Saturday, with some great match ups around the ground… Bont and Steele, Marshall and English, Wilkie/Howard/Battle on Darcy/JUH/Naughton, Crouch and Libba in the guts etc.

I’m optimistically hoping for a thriller and Saints win, I’m bracingly expecting a close but tough loss, and recent history says a blow out in the Dogs favour… doubt it happens this week though, even with our injuries, on paper should be a cracking game and a clashing of playing styles and coaches

Going to need to kick more than 10 goals to win it this week.

Need to clean up our ball use

Unlike Freo - there are some decent forwards at the doggies and Naughton is a genuine threat when the ball is in his vicinity.
Going to be really tough to kick more than 10. I agree dogs will most likely kick more than 10.

I'm guessing that we'll strangle the life out of them but they'll have little periods where they escape and it's going to be about how much damage they do in those periods that will decide the game.

Hammer is going to get his first goal, nothing surer. I'm hanging for this game.

Saints by 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back