ROUND 2 A-LEAGUE DISCUSSION THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

City V Jets was horrible.

Agreed. We should have iced the game when we had a chance :D

Was at the game and I'll admit it was nice to see Villa score (even if it was late on). Him and Duff were so good when in wide positions.

Think City might be a bit guilty of being too 'Villa centric' - he's a class above but seemed like they were looking for him at every opportunity.

Just a bit under 16k too, great crowd (think I went to a game last season between Heart and the Jets and it might have only been 5-7k from memory). Here's hoping the Victory and City fans can do Melbourne proud and out do the impressive turnout for the Sydney derby.

I think Melbourne City will be buggered once Villa leaves, aren't they rumoured to be after Kennedy? Massive step down in quality, they won't make finals IMO.

I think Melbourne City will be buggered once Villa leaves, aren't they rumoured to be after Kennedy? Massive step down in quality, they won't make finals IMO.

I think their squad is pretty good on paper tbh. They are being let down by bad tactics and a poor coach who doesn't have the balls to be more adventures with the squad he has assembled imo.

In a way, I think City 'could' be better off once Villa leaves. Didn't see their first game but from what I observed yesterday, a lot of players seemed to be always looking to play him the ball (often overlooking teammates in better positions).

Duff looks really good, if he can stay fit, he'll be very dangerous when ghosting in from wide areas. If him and Williams can get a good understanding, they might be a deadly duo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perth v Roar, great game to be at. At least in the second half anyway. Seemed to take everyone a little while to work into the game. Andy Keogh, huge performance. Three points earned and banked, thank you very much.

Perth Glory on top of the league; where's your god now, A-League season previewers!

Perth v Roar, great game to be at. At least in the second half anyway. Seemed to take everyone a little while to work into the game. Andy Keogh, huge performance. Three points earned and banked, thank you very much.

Perth Glory on top of the league; where's your god now, A-League season previewers!

Great start by Perth. Many had them finishing last or close to it. Early days but they look better than those predictions.

Early signs are good for quite an even competition this year. Early points are going to be so important, especially before the month off for the Asian Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back