Game Day Round 2 - GWS vs Melbourne, Sat 11th Apr 2.10pm at Startrack Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think it's a win/win. Tyson is very good for them, will be a future captain and Salem is also a pretty handy sort of player as well.

Kelly for us is just pure class, so I reckon it will always be a two way win.

Often forgotten how the deal included getting pick 20 which then allowed us to do a deal with Port and get pick 14 (McCarthy)

I was ready to go home at half time, what a shocking first half.

But what an amazing 3rd quarter! I mean, crazy good, unbelievable turnaround.

Two fantastic snaps from the boundary within about 5 minutes of each other. 13 goals to one after half time. The difference in running and use of the footy just stood out so much.

Ok crowd of 7,760. It actually felt like more, plenty of noise during that second half. Good day out.

I was ready to go home at half time, what a shocking first half.

But what an amazing 3rd quarter! I mean, crazy good, unbelievable turnaround.

Two fantastic snaps from the boundary within about 5 minutes of each other. 13 goals to one after half time. The difference in running and use of the footy just stood out so much.

Ok crowd of 7,760. It actually felt like more, plenty of noise during that second half. Good day out.
Would love to have been there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Tomlinson is out, then I wouldn't be surprised if they go with Downie or Sauce. Downie is improving rapidly, and offers a bit at both ends of the ground.

I was pretty impressed with Downie in today's NEAFL game. I am an unabashed fan of Sauce and have always had him ahead of Downie, but with Sauce not playing today as the traveling emergency, and Downie putting in a pretty good effort, he might just skip ahead of him in calculations.

Lobb did ok too.

Stewart did not.

I was pretty impressed with Downie in today's NEAFL game. I am an unabashed fan of Sauce and have always had him ahead of Downie, but with Sauce not playing today as the traveling emergency, and Downie putting in a pretty good effort, he might just skip ahead of him in calculations.

Lobb did ok too.

Stewart did not.
Yeah, good intel from the NEAFL mate. Firms Downie in my mind if we need to make a change for next week.

I still think we need to improve our stoppage clearances our centre clearances are very good if we can get more people to help the likes of Griffen at the stoppage we will be a really dangerous midfield unit

Just like to put in a good word today for the Canberra crowd, the support was passionate and vocal.
This reiterates that Canberra is a vital component of the Giants experience. A great game to be at.
And more posters on bigfooty.
This signals the building of the fan base.
2016=2017=and onwards,the Giants are going to the finals.

Only knock on Greene is goal kicking. It's always been a bit average but I think right now the kid has lost all confidence.

It's a shame because he runs and works so hard. If he was an elite kick he'd be All Australian material.

It's one thing that is very hard to improve, footy players really need to be taught this very young or they end up enigmatic like Greene.

Still..love his effort

Only knock on Greene is goal kicking. It's always been a bit average but I think right now the kid has lost all confidence.

It's a shame because he runs and works so hard. If he was an elite kick he'd be All Australian material.

It's one thing that is very hard to improve, footy players really need to be taught this very young or they end up enigmatic like Greene.

Still..love his effort

He tried to back himself on the fifty a couple of times, but was just too far out. He needs to accept he doesn't have that penetration from a set shot. The team also need to recognise this and provide a lay off option or short lead. Failing that, try to put it to the topofthe square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back