Review Round 20, 2023 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a situation that our defenders didn’t handle very well at all.
I think the main problem was that Gold Coast have a genuine 3 tall forward line with King, Casboult and Lucosious and Andrews was trying to play as he normally does but should have just manned up imo.
They looked disorganised and let Gold Coast run the party.
It was a situation that we have seen a bit before with blokes like Harmes and Owens running with Harris to curb his influence but with Harris being the much bigger body it wasn’t as much of an issue.
GC having the three genuine talls made our boys panic a bit when we weren’t allowed to get the match ups we want.
Hopefully they will take the ‘Learnings’?

And the learnings is that the talls work, reinforcing the game style that I'm not keen on.

Lessons that support your original opinion hold far more weight than ones that show holes in the original opinion.

Definitely playing three talls for the rest of the season.

Why didn't we get THIS Suns outfit...
Last week was their grand final.

Only Richmond has their grand final against Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the commentators on the SEN pre game in Adelaide said he had been told, but it hasn’t been confirmed, don’t know why he would make it up as I got the impression he didn’t really like Zorko.
Miller doing a nut job or jobs on Zorko and scratching Neale like a feral cat - sounds pretty ugly...how does he get away with such stuff?

Back