Review Round 20 = Collingwood 76-93 Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

When Elliott inexplicably passed it off to Checkers from the f*****g goal line early in the last who went on to stamp his dirty night with a shank I knew then something was very wrong. That is a regulation around the corner for Elliott.

So many guys need to have a hard look at what they plan to give over the next 7 weeks. It's time to step up and truly become the best side and that means winning convincingly.

One big thing from tonight that I am taking and that is we need to become more physical in the midfield. We still look a bit too passive and we're just not generating enough first looks at the footy.

Elliott just can't kick snaps on that side! Other pocket he swallows that.

I explained elsewhere in thread but AFL flag requires ability to win one-off games. Being on top of the ladder means less than many think it means
We are 16-3 and you think the ladder position proves nothing - you are being completely absurd.
Name one team that would not be pumped, sitting on top with a 16-3 record?

When Elliott inexplicably passed it off to Checkers from the f*****g goal line early in the last who went on to stamp his dirty night with a shank I knew then something was very wrong. That is a regulation around the corner for Elliott.

So many guys need to have a hard look at what they plan to give over the next 7 weeks. It's time to step up and truly become the best side and that means winning convincingly.

One big thing from tonight that I am taking and that is we need to become more physical in the midfield. We still look a bit too passive and we're just not generating enough first looks at the footy.
Port absolutely bullied us with presence last week, Carlton did the same but not quite to the same extent, but boy they made us pay (plus hairline triggers for Curnow frees)

Can we seriously start having Naicos kick the ball in from a behind again. I’m not sure on the percentages, but it would be fairly high of us getting into our forward 50 when he does.
I know for sure that no other combination taking the kick ins gets anywhere near that
its a no brainer, the Moore long kick to the flank ain’t working, and it’s pissing me off because it’s obvious and it’s an easy fix

Absolutely outworked and they were tougher too. I think we need Nick back to move the footy better.

There were a lot of players that didn't play well, hopefully it's a blessing, because premierships aren't given to the team who has won 16 of 18 games.

Very disappointed that the pressure they put on us was significantly better than what we put on them.

Darcy Moore was horrendous tonight, as good as he has been all season. It wasn't just curnow. His kicking was shocking from the start.

Having said all this, the side has earned some credits. That was the first MCG loss in over a year by more than a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are 16-3 and you think the ladder position proves nothing - you are being completely absurd.
Name one team that would not be pumped, sitting on top with a 16-3 record?
Sigh. So combative, always. It’s okay for someone to have an alternative view that does not provide complete unwavering support of the club.

I think the club has done wonderfully this year. However, given the club’s history in finals, I am concerned that other sides will “work out” the game plan as the season progresses and we will not win the flag. I think that concern is fact-based, based on more than tonight’s game and I have seen other supporters and media commentators make similar comments about our game plan.

I am more than content for you to disagree with my opinion.

Can we seriously start having Naicos kick the ball in from a behind again. I’m not sure on the percentages, but it would be fairly high of us getting into our forward 50 when he does.
I know for sure that no other combination taking the kick ins gets anywhere near that
its a no brainer, the Moore long kick to the flank ain’t working, and it’s pissing me off because it’s obvious and it’s an easy fix
Generally think his real value is down back.

Are these the same children you're teaching to heckle the injured? ;)

I would never do that; as I told you last time, the directive is to piff broken glass bottles and hurl racist epithets. Get it right!

Howe was up forward because McStay went into the ruck with Cox subbed off. That’s not something they’re going to see as an option going forward.

I do prefer us with Frampton in the lineup though.
I thought he was having a stinker defensively so they threw him forward to cause his damage further away from goals.

Commentators were gushing in praise though.

Happy he had some impact up forward though. Would been nice if he’d held that mark in the square after his second goal.

But then again, we didn’t deserve to win

set shots
Coll: 9.7
Carlton: 10.2

There’s your game
At least 5 of theirs from free kicks straight in front. It helps. We had a fair few tough shots but also missed some easy ones, McCreery and McStay especially.

We're 1st for accuracy and our opponents are 18th. Unfortunately that didn't break our way tonight. Elliott seemed to get every shot on the right of goal instead of the left where he's deadly, but also missed one straight in front in the last, passed off to Mihocek when 15m out.

It was a very poor game. This sort of form can take time to rebuild and I think we are going to need personnel changes.

Absolutely outworked and they were tougher too. I think we need Nick back to move the footy better.

There were a lot of players that didn't play well, hopefully it's a blessing, because premierships aren't given to the team who has won 16 of 18 games.

Very disappointed that the pressure they put on us was significantly better than what we put on them.

Darcy Moore was horrendous tonight, as good as he has been all season. It wasn't just curnow. His kicking was shocking from the start.

Having said all this, the side has earned some credits. That was the first MCG loss in over a year by more than a goal.
This is far to fair and balanced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back