Preview Round 21, 2023: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 6th August, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Blues

Votes: 40 47.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Live Ladder has us winning 2 more and finishing 6th. Carlton and Richmond??

As for Carlton - I see they are projected to finish 9th just behind Geelong with 50 points & 115%.

View attachment 1765085

Crows are currently beating the Suns, have a much higher % than is and of the teams still in the race for finals have a relatively soft draw.

Dogs also have a better % than us.

Saints can win games but still slide out of the 8 on % by the end of the home and away.

One win will not be enough most likely. Even two may not be.

Crows are currently beating the Suns, have a much higher % than is and of the teams still in the race for finals have a relatively soft draw.

Saints can win games but still slide out of the 8 on % by the end of the home and away.

Crows play Brissie next week, they're 2 games out of 8th at present and are reliant on the Blues losing to keep in touch as unlikely to beat Brissie, GWS then should drop to Port, Blues might then drop to Dees, we can then gap the lot of them by beating Tigers with 2 to go.

2 wins, it's reliant on last round and Dogs v Cats, GWS v Blues so they kinda sort themselves out and 2 drop, what's the difference between enshrined 5th and maybe 7th? You still lose one and you're out, it's just a travel thing. Really an 8th raffle depending on what happens this week, we win 2 and we're just not in that raffle.

Auto correct / spell check is the bain of my existence.
pebblesofsand , you are the only poster to have reacted to my comment above.
That says something.
Either: we share the same unique sense of humour.
Or: you’re the only one reading this thread.
Or more worrying: no one else knows the difference between, nor can properly spell, “bain” and “bane”.

I fear Option 3 is the most likely answer.

That says something.
Or more worrying: no one else knows the difference between, nor can properly spell, “bain” and “bane”.

I got it. Just too cool to react. :cool:

They've got Hopper definitely out, probably Rioli too I think. Dusty and Cotch will be fresh after a rest though.

If Dimma were there he'd have them up, dangerous and still believing they can make finals; however last night I thought they looked like they've put the cue in the rack for the year.
They looked a cue in the rack side last night

That says something.

To continue the grammar gripes;

“For all intensive purposes”
“One foul swoop”
“Seize to exist”

1691218903115.gif

Crows play Brissie next week, they're 2 games out of 8th at present and are reliant on the Blues losing to keep in touch as unlikely to beat Brissie, GWS then should drop to Port, Blues might then drop to Dees, we can then gap the lot of them by beating Tigers with 2 to go.

2 wins, it's reliant on last round and Dogs v Cats, GWS v Blues so they kinda sort themselves out and 2 drop, what's the difference between enshrined 5th and maybe 7th? You still lose one and you're out, it's just a travel thing. Really an 8th raffle depending on what happens this week, we win 2 and we're just not in that raffle.

2 more wins out of 4 remaining games could see us stay in the 8, but we can also win 2 of our remaining games and still miss the 8.

Lots of permutations, some good, some bad. Hopefully GWS will crash and burn from now on. The % of Dogs and Crows mean if we get level on points with them, that we slide below them.

Somethink

Cut It Out Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 more wins out of 4 remaining games could see us stay in the 8, but we can also win 2 of our remaining games and still miss the 8.

Lots of permutations, some good, some bad. Hopefully GWS will crash and burn from now on. The % of Dogs and Crows mean if we get level on points with them, that we slide below them.
Beating the Blues by 300 points should sort that out.

2 should get us in for sure.

To tell you the truth who cares , they haven't really played any football in 2 years and it is though the are not even on the list anyway.
We have blooded some really top talent in there place and by the looks they will find it hard to secure a place in the 22.
I was holding out for Coffield but even he is going to need to find really fine some form to get into the side.
Phillipou looks he could develop into anything , Milera is showing he is a star and Owens is already the one of most valued players in the team.
Caminiti a 19yr kid picked up a the last minute has shown he has the hunger to develop into something special , Windhager is coming along nicely and I tell you this expect Keller , Hotton and Heath to play seniors next year.

And it has to be remembered Membery , Billings , Clark , Coffield and Gresham were all highly rated as some of our best players or most promising yet have they really been missed.

We are in the 8 with a very young team and have had King missing for most of the year so whatever happens this year expect even better next year because we could wipe over 3.5 million off our salary cap with the players who basically have not played this year.
Jones , Membery , Coffield , Billings , Gresham , McKenzie , Clark - We could afford to bring in a few very good players for that coin.

we are talking a rebuild really

2 wins will get us in

Paton had a season where he was shutting down the Toby Greenes and Papleys of the world. Webster was getting a bath from Bruest and Ross didn’t put Stocker on him because he knows he’s not capable so I’m not really sure of what Stocker is capable of doing if he’s going to be a backman.

So you've inferred from Ross' willingness to keep Webster on Breust last week and Stockers omission from the Friday 5 pm team, that he's likely to be delisted?

Or is it the above, in combination with a poor season?

He was far from our worst last week and has been really solid all year. For a young guy who's come in as a rookie effectively, with some health struggles, he's locked down a spot in a very effective defence the whole season and arguably, kept out Patto. I'm pretty bullish on him going forward...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back