Game Day Round 22, 2023: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As confident as I always am going into a game…
that is, not at all 😬

I've been sick all week and I'm meant to be going with Tigers mates. Think I might bail on them. Not confident at all. Sitting in the cold with a cold watching us lose doesn't sound very attractive.

The bizarre thing is we'll probably be eighth even if we lose.

Not at the end of round 24 though. Lose this and we have to win at least one against Geelong or Brisbane who both look a long way ahead of us at the moment. We could get there with one more win but we'd have to have a lot of pieces fall our way. I have this little bit of hope that we all of a sudden switch on and get a solid confidence restoring win and easily roll Geelong who have started planning for Mad Monday but nothing at this point suggests that will happen. The Hawks game looked like the one that might flick the switch but that didn't last long.

As confident as I always am going into a game…
that is, not at all 😬
I say this in complete confidence, that I am extremely confident in the fact that I have no confidence in how the Saints will play today :D

Not at the end of round 24 though. Lose this and we have to win at least one against Geelong or Brisbane who both look a long way ahead of us at the moment. We could get there with one more win but we'd have to have a lot of pieces fall our way. I have this little bit of hope that we all of a sudden switch on and get a solid confidence restoring win and easily roll Geelong who have started planning for Mad Monday but nothing at this point suggests that will happen. The Hawks game looked like the one that might flick the switch but that didn't last long.
Totally agree. Today is must win.

We’re playing for a spot in the eight. I hope the players are more pumped than we are.
Got a bad feeling this is gonna be a real fizzler and the boys heads are already in Bali.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their midfield is the concern. We need to bring our best in that area of the ground and at least break even. Last time Taranto smashed us. Prestia always flogs us too and then there's Dusty.

Ahhh *, just realised I’m ECO for the first time this season. Hoping this game will drag me back in.

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

I thought we put in a great effort last week and unfortunately we couldn't sustain the pressure for 4 quarters so Carlton ended up getting on top of us.

If we can bring the same intensity and effort we should be able to win today

It looks like a good performance in hindsight. Carlton have timed their run perfectly. They are the best side in the comp on current form, they are playing the best footy in the league and have heaps out that should all come in at just the right time. Could easily see them winning the flag this year. Pies are wobbling, Port are playing s**t and Brisbane and Melbourne don't look convincing.

I've been sick all week and I'm meant to be going with Tigers mates. Think I might bail on them. Not confident at all. Sitting in the cold with a cold watching us lose doesn't sound very attractive.
I cannot understand how anyone can go and watch a game sitting with a friend going for the opposition team.
It is so far beyond the realm of possibility for me to do. I’d be such a sore loser it would probably kill the friendship.
Besides most of my friends are Blues supporters, which is definitely a bridge too far.

Im concerned last week killed the players mentally.
Tiges get some good players back. Thank fk that cotchin campaigner isn't playing.
Dusty to play vintage style and have 30 and 3.
Tigers to extend their horrific marvel record and saints to continue to drag us long suffering supporters for one more week.

I cannot understand how anyone can go and watch a game sitting with a friend going for the opposition team.
It is so far beyond the realm of possibility for me to do. I’d be such a sore loser it would probably kill the friendship.
Besides most of my friends are Blues supporters, which is definitely a bridge too far.
Saints friends are hard to come by unfortunately. But who doesn’t have a handful of Carlton supporting mates*

*if you can call them that

It looks like a good performance in hindsight. Carlton have timed their run perfectly. They are the best side in the comp on current form, they are playing the best footy in the league and have heaps out that should all come in at just the right time. Could easily see them winning the flag this year. Pies are wobbling, Port are playing s**t and Brisbane and Melbourne don't look convincing.
It's so hard to win from outside the top four though. They could easily end up playing Geelong and losing in week one of the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back