Autopsy Round 22, 2023: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously you thought this was a dig at you some how? I dont think I even saw the post from you suggesting we trade him and if I did I'm sure I would have worked out it was a joke...

But you are wrong about him not being bashed on this forum. There has been plenty of it.

I'd say King has been questioned. Bashed is more for Gresham and Ross types.

Nah no dig birdman
I'm just not seeing huge bashing of Max
I have been here a bit less freq
If you're seeing it then it's happening I guess

I think we should all like to see him get on the bike a bit more then he cant be scragged all afternoon
Yep - no bashing just observations.

I'd hate to think what rants we'd get if Geelong beat us on Saturday night because Tom Hawkins gets two minimal contact free kicks like Max got on Sunday.

It was great to for him to get a couple of cheapies but I much preferred the way he got the other 4.

Last edited:
Yep - no bashing just observations.

I'd hate to think what rants we'd get if Geelong beat us on Saturday night because Tom Hawkins gets two minimal contact free kicks like Max got on Sunday.

It was great to for him to get a couple of cheapies but I much preferred the other the way he got the other 4.
Tom WILL get soft frees.
As he does EVERY WEEK.

Tom will also be allowed to push in the back as he does every week.

Jeremy Cameron will be allowed to mark out of bounds!

Be great for us if Max gets looked after like these 2 do.

9 Jack Sinclair (STK)
8 Rowan Marshall (STK)
4 Sebastian Ross (STK)
3 Jade Gresham (STK)
3 Max King (STK)
2 Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (STK)
1 Callum Wilkie (STK)

5 Sinclair
4 Ross
3 Marshall
2 Gresham
1 Wilkie

5 Marshall
4 Sinclair
3 King
2 NWM
1 Gresham

Tom WILL get soft frees.
As he does EVERY WEEK.

totally Agree he never gets looked after like those 2 or Charlie, lets applaud the fact he got some love from the Umps-God forbid they read this he will never get any more

King is honestly such a huge key for our finals push.

Our most important player, and the biggest difference maker our club has.

If he can consistently convert his looks at goal like he did on the weekend, we will become a much more powerful team.

I would be happy to let somebody else work overtime to be responsible for the forward 50 pressure defense and let Max just be a conduit to goal.

His set shot routine looked as strong as I’ve ever seen it. As soon as he finds a rhythm and routine that he believes in he will become an AFL phenomenon.

If he can consistently convert his looks at goal like he did on the weekend, we will become a much more powerful team.

I would be happy to let somebody else work overtime to be responsible for the forward 50 pressure defense and let Max just be a conduit to goal.

His set shot routine looked as strong as I’ve ever seen it. As soon as he finds a rhythm and routine that he believes in he will become an AFL phenomenon.
He’s definitely been working on his set shots while he’s been out. Has been a far more reliable goal
kicker this season in the games he has played. And looks more confident when attempting them because of it.

Still don’t like the way he spins the ball coming in, but watching other teams players approach for goal, he is not the only one doing that.

Loving the POu's tackling/physicial intensity the last few games. Seems to have really stepped up.

POU is also getting opportunities at centre bounce, along with Owens. He is struggling to get first hands to it there, but has laid a couple of solid tackles.

Ross has obviously seen enough to know that POU has a long term future in the middle.

We have done well this year to keep finding wins while giving our kids opportunities in key positions and in important games.

Still don’t like the way he spins the ball coming in, but watching other teams players approach for goal, he is not the only one doing that.
Seems to be much less than he used to though.

Also there is absolutely no tangible reason why tennis players should bounce the ball before serving.
Also , Matthew Lloyd did not have to test the wind inside Marvel Stadium when the roof was shut.

He's not spinning it as fast as he used to. He's reduced the RPM spin on the ball by 66% in my estimation. Seems to work better
than when he was thinking the Sherrin was a fidget spinner.

jacksfilms-fidget.gif

Last edited:
Seems to be much less than he used to though.
I thought the same. A couple of spins before he starts moving then it was stationary in his hand once he began moving and he guided it onto his foot better. Even the miss in the first quarter (from memory) went straight and was only just to the left.

It looked much better than last year.
Much more like a good, repeatable, sustainable routine that will see way more goals than misses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom WILL get soft frees.
As he does EVERY WEEK.

Geelong Cats GIF by AFL

Membrey/Sharman foil type at present, I'd consider him kinda like Cordy at present for plugging gaps up forward whereas Cordy is the more experienced backman that plugged earlier for that contested bigger body.

Ming was the obvious in when fit as talent, Membrey whilst I disliked the usual synergy with him and the mids, this match was much better so he gets the nod, and a Sharman/Caminiti switch is kinda same same really at present as both have quiet moments and both can be used as dangerous forwards and ruck relief instances, Sharman less so.
Dunno if Sharman or Caminiti are really pinch ruckmen- they would only be there in an emergency..they are forwards, though Sharman looked ok around the wing area against the Tigers.

LOL its almost the same expression and gesture as.....

Yeah i'm buying it Tom.

barry-hall-punch.gif
I suppose we should have been thankful, with hindsight, that Hall only punched Moose Maguire in the guts.

Last edited:
Also there is absolutely no tangible reason why tennis players should bounce the ball before serving.
Also , Matthew Lloyd did not have to test the wind inside Marvel Stadium when the roof was shut.
you've obviously never played competitive tennis to understand the importance of those precious seconds before serving. :)

Ive been disappointed with his output this year but he was very good on the weekend.

Yes he was messy at times but unlike our mids in the 2nd half of last week, he was at least getting his hands on the footy and getting it forward.
Agree. Ross found some form. Crouch is (generally) back to his best. Wood has returned to his early season form. Gresh improving. We need Steele to really step up. All starts from that midfield.

POU is also getting opportunities at centre bounce, along with Owens. He is struggling to get first hands to it there, but has laid a couple of solid tackles.

Ross has obviously seen enough to know that POU has a long term future in the middle.

We have done well this year to keep finding wins while giving our kids opportunities in key positions and in important games.
Yep, I think we can see that we’re not going 100% full bore for winning by adding experience to the team or to key posts.

Arms out, that’s fifty. Probably should be 100, fifty for each arm.

50 for each arm and 50 for ruining the ozone with his mouth exhaling, deserves a kick from the opposite square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back