Autopsy Round 22 vs Sydney Swans @ Sydney Cricket Ground - 12/08/23 - 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it possible we are trying to get pick 4 to tempt the Eagles / North to get pick 1?

I doubt but the selections made today are baffling
Makes no sense trading up. We wouldn't be able bring in enough points to get our boys.
Club just makes dumb decisions, doesn't matter who is in charge

Makes no sense trading up. We wouldn't be able bring in enough points to get our boys.
Club just makes dumb decisions, doesn't matter who is in charge
I agree but any of these selections would of been better

McLaughin
Chol
Burgess
Fiorini

We desperately need to bring in a player in each part of the ground with a cool head who doesn’t turn to sh*t with the slightest bit of pressure.

2 weeks in a row we have been right in it with all the momentum in the 4th quarter and we just forget how to execute basic skills and let the pressure get the better of us. Multiple misses in the forward line that we should kick. Backline starts to buckle and just lose all cool immediately.

We desperately need to bring in a player in each part of the ground with a cool head who doesn’t turn to sh*t with the slightest bit of pressure.

2 weeks in a row we have been right in it with all the momentum in the 4th quarter and we just forget how to execute basic skills and let the pressure get the better of us. Multiple misses in the forward line that we should kick. Backline starts to buckle and just lose all cool immediately.

Walters Read and Rogers
Sorted
Premiership 2024

71 free kicks to 38 past 3 weeks
You have to wonder if the Club thinks this is an issue?
A lot of goals from those frees too
Surely the coaching staff needs to find out from the umpiring panel or even get an opinion from a recently retired senior umpire as to why this happens
I get the Ying but don’t understand the Yang in this

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got off a plane.

How bad was it?
Season 2 Reaction GIF by Parks and Recreation

Mac Andrew will be all class and composure in 2 years
Not having Powell Weller down back has been a real killer for us
Putting D Martin on the whiteboard at full forward would be nice-we can dream
Our mids are ok
Rowell gets judged a lot more harshly than 95% of other inside mids.Dangerfield does exactly what Buzz does, drops the ball and somehow comes up with a holding free.Umpires are humans.They have stars in their eyes like all of us.Viz a viz the Jeremy Cameron non goals last night
The media highlighted Buzz's taking the ball at the contest and going to ground early season.
Oh wow, guess what-instead of a ball up the Greenies start playing holding the ball against him

My concern is how they came up with putting him and Day in the side.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app
He might have his flaws but Fiorini is better and Davies a much better prospect
As for Day.God strike me roan he's been a waste of space
Pick 3 hasn't been the Superstars slot but he's amongst the worst

Hands down we worst 150 game player of all time.
Name someone worse

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's been a massive dud, but I think there's a very good chance he would have been a very handy defender (at least prior to his hip injury) if he played back there.

Most key-defenders are just failed key-forwards - most at junior level, but some at senior level too like Darcy Moore and Liam Jones.

Just a much easier position to play and would have suited his athletic background to a tee.

An indictment on the club, that they persisted with him forward for so long when it was so obvious that it was never going to work.

71 free kicks to 38 past 3 weeks
You have to wonder if the Club thinks this is an issue?
A lot of goals from those frees too
Surely the coaching staff needs to find out from the umpiring panel or even get an opinion from a recently retired senior umpire as to why this happens
I get the Ying but don’t understand the Yang in this

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
-52 free kicks on the year

We just never ever get the 50/50s that every team gets against us.

Levi, chronically under referred the number of arm chops he gets.
Rowell has people draped all over him from the minute the ball is bounced - often gets a few, but I think could get more.
Then there is the constant half pushes in the back / blocks off the ball that Ballard and Collins get pinged for often, but we rarely get the other way.

I've said on here a few times - even in games that the free kick count ends up 23-20 to the opposition, we've often been 8-1 down in the first quarter..starting behind the eight ball.

We just never ever get the 50/50s that every team gets against us.

Levi, chronically under referred the number of arm chops he gets.
Rowell has people draped all over him from the minute the ball is bounced - often gets a few, but I think could get more.
Then there is the constant half pushes in the back / blocks off the ball that Ballard and Collins get pinged for often, but we rarely get the other way.
This is the Yang of which I speak
Umpires will say "it was there" -of course it was-technically-but we don't seem to get them coming our way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back