Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
1689787636895.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Gotta be able to stop their big talls for this one. Tex is on, Fogarty is also pretty solid.

Interesting that this game presents us with an opportunity to secure our 10th win for the year and considering we still have North to come in the last round of the season, I would go as far as to say if we win this Crows game then 2023 is going to be our best season ever as we should win at least 11 games. It's also an opportunity to secure our first ever win at Adelaide Oval and who knows what else is possible beyond this game if we win. We can set ourselves up for a fair bit of history with a win in this one and that's an exciting prospect for us!

Interesting that this game presents us with an opportunity to secure our 10th win for the year and considering we still have North to come in the last round of the season, I would go as far as to say if we win this Crows game then 2023 is going to be our best season ever as we should win at least 11 games. It's also an opportunity to secure our first ever win at Adelaide Oval and who knows what else is possible beyond this game if we win. We can set ourselves up for a fair bit of history with a win in this one and that's an exciting prospect for us!
Mixed emotions, on paper we would of beaten Geelong, Brisbane and Adelaide at AO but then 7 losses 40+ leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Gap is way too big and % will be the difference between another 12th place finish or our best ever >

Mixed emotions, on paper we would of beaten Geelong, Brisbane and Adelaide at AO but then 7 losses 40+ leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
It's an interesting way to look at it. I wonder if Carlton fans were thinking this way a few weeks ago when their future was unclear. They've had some pretty poor losses this season but I don't think a single Carlton fan cares about that right now. I guess what I'm trying to say is - do earlier losses really matter if you finish the season well and, in our case, secure our best performance ever/something even more special? I get the feeling most Suns fans won't be happy with this season unless we play finals and maybe that's fair enough considering the list we have. In fact, I think some Suns supporters on this board actually want us to lose so the season can be over and they can move on. There was a strong feeling of that before the QClash. Each to their own, I guess.

Ultimately I think we're in a really interesting position right now where great things are still possible and we've just witnessed what can probably be described as the best win in our club's history. There's a sense of unknown right now (at least for me) and the majority of our supporters thought we were done after the Giants loss but this playing group hasn't given up yet and I haven't either. I'm prepared to put my neck out and continue believing that this team can achieve something special this season. So maybe we lose this game, the season ends and I have egg on my face this time next week with everyone giving me the 'told you so' treatment but I think you have to be willing to risk failure in order to experience great things in life and I'll never regret supporting/believing in our club. I'm not giving up until it's 100% over.

Anyway. Hopefully we can beat the Crows on Saturday.

The Crows in Adelaide is a very tough ask. Izak will be looking to get some revenge after a poor showing at HB earlier in the year
Luckily for us he has an injured hamstring and won't be playing.

We will finish 12-14th which with a fairly healthy list isn't a pass
Ladder position could be very deceptive this year, 11 wins may only get you 12th where in other years that could be 10th. 11 wins would still be our best season, even with the extra game. It isn't a pass because finals was the goal this year but there would be very small progress made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1-5 is really where we lost our season.

The Freo game was must win and we flunked it.
The Essendon game we gave ourselves a good chance and threw it away in the last half.
The St Kilda and Sydney games were just deplorable.

Since then we've gone 8 wins and 6 losses and beaten Tigers, Dogs, Crows, Saints, Lions, Hawks, Roos, Eagles
Losing to Brisbane away, GWS away, Melbourne at home, Blues away, Pies at home, Power away - 6 of the top 7 teams on the ladder currently.

Seem to have a much better balance to the team now
If we can win 2 out of our last 4 games and be competitive in the others, I think it's pretty encouraging for next year.

Round 1-5 is really where we lost our season.

The Freo game was must win and we flunked it.
The Essendon game we gave ourselves a good chance and threw it away in the last half.
The St Kilda and Sydney games were just deplorable.

Since then we've gone 8 wins and 6 losses and beaten Tigers, Dogs, Crows, Saints, Lions, Hawks, Roos, Eagles
Losing to Brisbane away, GWS away, Melbourne at home, Blues away, Pies at home, Power away - 6 of the top 7 teams on the ladder currently.

Seem to have a much better balance to the team now
If we can win 2 out of our last 4 games and be competitive in the others, I think it's pretty encouraging for next year.
Yeah. That Freo game is the killer for me. I can deal with Melbourne, as we were unlucky with the frees but Melbourne also missed some gettable shots. But Freo was all ours to win and we just lost the plot completely.

We are blessed with Adelaide having no Murray, Butts or Doedee their 3 best talls.

We've managed to stop bombing it long.

Deliver the ball on a plate and Crows aren't stopping King, Levi or Luko on the lead

We are blessed with Adelaide having no Murray, Butts or Doedee their 3 best talls.
Who do they have as a replacement? The Crows board seem to think a debutant named Borlase (192cm) will play. Josh Worrell (195cm) seems to be their only other key defender that's uninjured and he's played 13 games to date. Seems like an extremely inexperienced and vulnerable backline that's going to struggle against our three pronged attack in King (202cm), Casboult (199cm) and Lukosius (195cm). Could be the key to victory for us.

Could be missing Touk, AFL taking another look at the incident with Zorko wouldn't be surprised if he got a suspension.
Innocent until proven guilty and I think it's going to be difficult to prove guilt or intent. Worst case scenario he probably get a slap on the wrist with a fine and told to be more mindful next time.

Who do they have as a replacement? The Crows board seem to think a debutant named Borlase (192cm) will play. Josh Worrell (195cm) seems to be their only other key defender that's uninjured and he's played 13 games to date. Seems like an extremely inexperienced and vulnerable backline that's going to struggle against our three pronged attack in King (202cm), Casboult (199cm) and Lukosius (195cm). Could be the key to victory for us.

Innocent until proven guilty and I think it's going to be difficult to prove guilt or intent. Worst case scenario he probably get a slap on the wrist with a fine and told to be more mindful next time.
they have Mark Keane whos barely played. Worrell prob goes to Luko, Keane to King. Not sure who is strong enough for Levi.

They have Michalanney would be very dangerous to put him on Luko

Could be missing Touk, AFL taking another look at the incident with Zorko wouldn't be surprised if he got a suspension.
Not really. According to Ralph, AFL is willing to look into it if Lions lodge a complaint. I would be very surprised if Lions wise heads would do that. To prove it was intentional during wrestling tackle - good luck. By the way, Steven King finds the talk about intentional conduct by Miller disrespectful :p

Now all it remains is for Zorko to ride into sunset in the off-season without ultimate success (I hope). He should never be a captain. Big mistake by Fagan.

they have Mark Keane whos barely played. Worrell prob goes to Luko, Keane to King. Not sure who is strong enough for Levi.

They have Michalanney would be very dangerous to put him on Luko
So Keane is a 194cm Irishman that's played six games and Michaelanney is a 190cm medium defender in his first year of footy. Seems pretty bleak for the Crows and then you add on the fact that Ben King hit form against the top 4 Lions on Saturday. At least one of our tall forwards is going to get a fair amount of opportunities against the Crows this weekend and if that player makes the most of those opportunities then we are a massive chance to win this game against the Crows.

So Keane is a 194cm Irishman that's played six games and Michaelanney is a 190cm medium defender in his first year of footy. Seems pretty bleak for the Crows and then you add on the fact that Ben King hit form against the top 4 Lions on Saturday. At least one of our tall forwards is going to get a fair amount of opportunities against the Crows this weekend and if that player makes the most of those opportunities then we are a massive chance to win this game against the Crows.
Doesn’t matter how inexperienced they are. Mac Andrew has been on the prowl lately—inexperienced.

And height isn’t always the advantage it should be. Look at our Port game: we had the height advantage and it got us nothing.

All comes down to the midfield winning the ball and kicking it well, as usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back