Review Round 12 vs Adelaide Crows @ TIO Stadium, Darwin - 03/06/23 - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Walter isn't like most key position players who come in skinny and raw. He's already powerful and physically ready. I reckon he starts in the reserves but its probably more about if chol or casboult ( if he goes again) are playing well enough to keep him out.

Reading your takeaways, I would agree with most.

According to champion data yesterday on SEN, after round 5, Suns are 3rd most difficult to score against, and also 3rd to score from inside 50 (or something like that). We are also now the best in contest post clearances according to King which is kind of amazing especially considering we were one of the worst teams in this category early.

I think our appetite for contest and pressure bodes well for finals once we get there.

No doubt, our midfield mostly stood up after Miller's injury except Lions game. Considering how young and inexperienced they are we can look forward with optimism. The determination, taking over attitude, never give up, fighting qualities of Rowell and others are great to see.

I noticed some people were not overly impressed with Davies but by re-watching I liked him, and he did a good job. IMO, he fits well into our future. He did a lot of hard work (12 contested possessions) and had similar numbers to Humphrey's ones.

I would say Collins won his battle with Walker. Just hate push in the back no calls.

Witts is unbelievable this year and destroyed ROB. I don't think he lost any of ruck battles this year.

Jeffrey is a great talent regardless of where he plays. I still expect him to end up forward.

Long was quite unbelievable in both games. Home crowd motivated him.

It was team performances in both games. I was wondering who will be substituted against Crows as all players played roles. You look at players like Atkins and can't believe that he seems to turn it around.

Plenty still to work on. We did start slowly in both games which is not ideal. Some red time goals really hurt us. 2 goals by Crows in last min in 3rd quarter, there is no excuse for it. Against Bulldogs, their number of inside 50 was staggering.

Hopefully, the team will continue after bye with the same effort and we have a shot at finals.
Yeah I rate Davies' contest work and I see why he has gotten picked so often the last 18 months, should be a solid fit in the mid rotation for a long time

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but in this article (if you scroll down) you’ll find a solid analysis of Luko and the change in our forward structure from our Darwin games, and in particular against the Crows.

Really hope Luko can carry on and hit a 40+ goal year. That would be huge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back