Autopsy Round 11 vs Western Bulldogs @ TIO Stadium, Darwin - 27/05/23 - 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I never think the umps are biased. Sometimes they are just rubbish like tonight.
But every now and then a player turns up who is fair dinkum dodgy.
There were 25 players having a red hot crack and 1 player who flopped and dived to win a goal.
Really disappointing to see that in footy.
Time to head to soccer Mr Weightman, you would fit right in.

Strange feeling.
I feel like I was robbed by the umpiring yet we won. :)
Not for a lack of trying by the green maggots, in all seriousness I find it difficult to believe that they would be cheating, but I also look at what happened again tonight after something similar for many weeks in a row and wonder if there isn’t some kind of bias. Surely our players aren’t more prone to giving away free kicks, and 50 meter penalty was just absolutely laughably bad

Fantastic win against a top 6 side in very challenging conditions and the rub of the green not going our way in the fourth quarter.

Humper and Luko were unreal, Rowell and Anderson did their thing in the middle and Ballard just continues to show why he should be an AA this season.

Get the win over the Crows next week and we're back to an even ledger with 6 wins / 6 losses. Plus, the 8th placed Dockers have the bye next week so a win against the Crows guarantees we will go into the bye in a tied position with a top 8 team. Let's get it!

The 50 against Ainsworth was rubbish.
The flop by Weightman put the umpire under pressure and he crumbled.

As thing’s setting I don’t truly believe they deliberately cheat. But some moments you can’t help but wonder
Of course they don't intentionally cheat, but there is just this inherent subconscious familiarity and favouritism with players and teams they are constantly exposed to.

Would be interesting to see how it worked if we had QLD based umpires - not sure why we don't to be honest.

That umpiring at the end was absolutely mind boggling but we got there! Rowell was an absolute monster, one of his best games for the club. Lukosius with 5 snags and Humphrey kicking the sealer. Someone said it elsewhere, but trade off Sharp and Flanders and give their dollars to Humphrey.

That umpiring at the end was absolutely mind boggling but we got there! Rowell was an absolute monster, one of his best games for the club. Lukosius with 5 snags and Humphrey kicking the sealer. Someone said it elsewhere, but trade off Sharp and Flanders and give their dollars to Humphrey.
I saw some good signs from Sharp, so his fall is disappointing.

Never seen anything from Flanders.

Give their money to Humphrey, and their list spots to Walter and Rodgers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course they don't intentionally cheat, but there is just this inherent subconscious familiarity and favouritism with players and teams they are constantly exposed to.

Would be interesting to see how it worked if we had QLD based umpires - not sure why we don't to be honest.
I’m sorry but the umps are on like $70k a year and you don’t think they take money to influence games? Guess that ump leaking the Brownlow comp was the ONLY ump in the league with questionable intentions. The rest are complete angels

I think the answer to this is quite clear. If they would umpire against Collingwood, Essendon or Carlton and they would never be seen again.

In the end, we need to become a club that is strong enough for the umpires to fear making BS call’s and remove the unconscious bias.

If you guys want to listen to the noise of affirmation, go over to the Main Board Game thread.

I don't think I've ever seen such a unified sense of outrage at the cheating officiating as there was in this game.

There was something seriously on the nose and everyone knows it

I think the answer to this is quite clear. If they would umpire against Collingwood, Essendon or Carlton and they would never be seen again.

In the end, we need to become a club that is strong enough for the umpires to fear making BS call’s and remove the unconscious bias.
I think we started to see the makings of that in our last Heritage home game against the Demons. It was as if the Demons players and the umpires were really put off by the amount of noise our fans were making and I'm not sure I've ever seen that play in our favour before that game. I know there was a controversial call at the end with Chol not getting a push in the back call but there were some 50/50 calls we were getting prior to that moment. Only 11k showed up to that Demons game so imagine the amount of noise our fans would make if it was a full house and how many more calls we might get going our way.

Noise of affirmation is absolutely a real thing in the AFL so if we can make this happen more often as a fanbase then it's going to bode well for us going forward.

Nice win great to see you beat Dogs and Umps

You always have to beat the umps when you play the dogs, especially when that little cheat weightman is playing. He basically beat Essendon in a final from getting 5 goals from free kicks in 2021, im shocked the umpires still fall for his acting in every single contest he is in.

I’m sorry but the umps are on like $70k a year and you don’t think they take money to influence games? Guess that ump leaking the Brownlow comp was the ONLY ump in the league with questionable intentions. The rest are complete angels
Umpiring is not their full time job. They all work in other capacities. Isn’t this one of the main issues - they aren’t full time professional umpires.

Maybe I’m naive. I think they’re certainly influenced.. but I don’t think they go into a game with any predetermined objectives.

Umpiring is not their full time job. They all work in other capacities. Isn’t this one of the main issues - they aren’t full time professional umpires.

Maybe I’m naive. I think they’re certainly influenced.. but I don’t think they go into a game with any predetermined objectives.
Excuses always excuses for the umpires
But it's impossible to even contemplate what that umpire was thinking paying the Ainsworth 50m

Remove this Banner Ad

Back