Autopsy Gather Round vs Fremantle @ Norwood Oval - 14/04/23 - 5:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect Mark Evans sees Dew as his new Alistair Clarkson; a relatively young, unproven coach who must be persisted with. The problem is Dew has been the coach for 6 years now. It's just too long for a return of sustained failure.

St Kilda fell into a similar trap with Alan Richardson until they finally saw the light and dumped him after 5.5 years. Their new coach Ratten came in and there was an instant improvement across the board. They made finals in his first full year as coach and even won a final. Then a couple years later they decided Ratten wasn't good enough and hired Lyon(again). Now they look like contenders. It took them a while, but St Kilda learned how to not tolerate failure, and learned how to impose standards on the coach.

It was similar with the Bulldogs under Brendan McCartney. Three years of McCartney, three years of rubbish football. Supporters were perpetually told to trust the system, trust the rebuild, but there was never even a hint of improvement. Ultimately it took our captain and best player Ryan Griffen requesting a trade to snap the board out of their delusion and realize something was badly wrong. We ended up sacking McCartney and all of Griffen, Cooney and Higgins left. The media was smashing us for sacking one of Geelong's darlings and branded us favourites for the spoon.
Then next year under a new coach and a seemingly gutted squad, we make the finals. Then the year after, win the flag.

You can never underestimate how much of a difference changing the coach can make. Whether it's St Kilda this year or the Bulldogs in 2015, it can give the whole playing squad superpowers; a collecting drive to succeed and win at all costs. At the very least a valuable lesson to take is to not tolerate failure for 5+ years. You guys gave Rocket only 3 years even though he inherited a far more difficult situation, which included a drug culture and Scott Clayton's recruiting. Dew started with a relatively clean slate, along with a huge stream of draft talent; why is he still there?

I don't want to hear it from oppo. It's depressing enough.
Exactly this

It's depressing enough hearing this from our own supporters

Oppo be warned, I am not in the mood to be trifled with

******* try me

It's frustrating to come on and read sack the coach from everyone here when we nail some easy goals and we would all be praising the improved performance from players a d coaches. The thing that annoyed me though was first half we seemed to really throw the midfield rotations around, Miller was wing/ half fwd as was Anderson, Rowell was fwd. Come 2nd half it just seemed Miller, Rowell and Anderson. The big guys got hold of us in the end though and if witts had of played we win by 5+ goal. As for coaches the one I would be getting rid of is kaesler, our defenders can't defend besides Powell and sometimes Collins. Get an experienced afl defender running the show back there and see how we go.

This is the second time this year I’ve given up double bubble to watch us limply attempt to win a game of footy, clearly I’m the ******* idiot but I just wish I could rock up get paid a amount of money like our players do and not try
Credit to chol & long getting that bag to do literally nothing

This is the second time this year I’ve given up double bubble to watch us limply attempt to win a game of footy, clearly I’m the ******* idiot but I just wish I could rock up get paid a amount of money like our players do and not try
Credit to chol & long getting that bag to do literally nothing
Go work in the mines and quit ya tears

The plan worked in the first half. We dominated across the ground and missed three perfectly kickable goals. Should have gone into half time up more decisively. And just like St Kilda last week, when the opposition makes its adjustments and starts to get the upper hand we folded and reverted to long bombs out of defence and inside 50. Mids looked knackered in the last 20, has to be more rotations through there, we rely far too much on three guys to do all the work.

Gave up 100 for the 3rd time in 4 games. Collins and Ballard are solid but neither has dominated a matchup for 4 quarters. We just can't defend off turnover, structure disappears and we don't run back with the same conviction as when we go forward. The defence has been like this for years now.

Dew shows no ability to turn a game in his favour while its happening and the only way we stop teams scoring is by keeping the ball. As long as he's in the job we can't play more than two talls down back and the bottom 6 of the 22 has to be picked solely on their willingness to run because the strategy is not going to win 4 quarters of football against good sides.

Dew shows no ability to turn a game in his favour while its happening and the only way we stop teams scoring is by keeping the ball. As long as he's in the job we can't play more than two talls down back and the bottom 6 of the 22 has to be picked solely on their willingness to run because the strategy is not going to win 4 quarters of football against good sides.
I know Carlton lost badly last night but when Adelaide were looking like being 10 goals in front not much into the second quarter it was plain to see Voss screwed down the stoppages tighter than a fish's clacker
They had to try and score to win the game though and once they released the pressure to open up the game and score Adelaide just ruled the stoppages with no opposition ruckman and dominant mids
I mean that's what a coach is supposed to do
Dew never seems to be on the phone
He just seems to stare into the middle distance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's frustrating to come on and read sack the coach from everyone here when we nail some easy goals and we would all be praising the improved performance from players a d coaches. The thing that annoyed me though was first half we seemed to really throw the midfield rotations around, Miller was wing/ half fwd as was Anderson, Rowell was fwd. Come 2nd half it just seemed Miller, Rowell and Anderson. The big guys got hold of us in the end though and if witts had of played we win by 5+ goal. As for coaches the one I would be getting rid of is kaesler, our defenders can't defend besides Powell and sometimes Collins. Get an experienced afl defender running the show back there and see how we go.

Did you only watch the first half?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

People are frustrated which is understandable. Some probably need psychotherapy 😂 We lost because as in every game we were not able to convert and Moyle lasted only half. Darcy dominated with follow on effect after HT. Not throwing more people through the middle definitely frustrated me too. We also got tight with the game on the line. No finals and new coach likely now. I will be there against North.

If u don’t build a big enough buffer.. good teams come through it, like good teams do 🤣🤣🤣 cmon Dew Freo are bottom 4
Yeah I posted last week how much I hate that
Can Dewy let us know if there are no "good teams"
I presume he';s given up on finals but only good teams get there and it seems "good teams" have a legit gold pass from our "coach" to beat us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back