Game Day Round 22: West Coast vs Melbourne @ Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2012
The suburbs
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, Ferrari, Minardi
So here we are folks, Round 22 vs Melbourne at Subiaco. This is my first crack at a match preview, thanks for the gig, I hope you find it entertaining!

The weekend's results were rough for both teams. We got so close to beating Essendon only to be worn down in the second half after playing a Simpson-esque game plan in the first half. We looked awesome and were all over them like a fat kid on a mars bar only to lose all of our run because we lost Sammy Butler to injury and played 3 rucks. Again.

Some of us reacted to the loss in different ways - holes were punched through doors, some cried, Dark Sharks raged liked only he can and some us went into self-destruct mode. Jobe Watson, having played his first game after 12 weeks out with injury, somehow managed to troll us again. Essendon fans waved their scarves in delight, forgetting momentarily that their club is in the middle of a seriously bitter case with ASADA which could really screw them over for the next couple of years.

Many of us were happy to hear that we can still make finals even after the Essendon loss, and a good percentage boosting win against the Dees could really help considering how close its going to be for 7th and 8th. It could also be the final game at Subiaco for Dean Cox, an absolute champion Eagle.

Dean-Cox.jpg

In other big news, we signed some quality players for another few years early this week. Scott Lycett, Jack Darling and Andrew Gaff are the future of the team; their strong performances over the last few rounds have reminded us all of their worth. Keeping Port Adelaide's grubby hands off Lycett was keeping us all awake at night, especially after they Eberted us a couple of years ago. Suck it Port.

Class92HERO.jpg

Onto the Demons, who are considerably worse off. The weekend brought with it a truly humiliating loss to the Giants which defied belief. The Giants ran over the Demons and did it easily after losing so many players to injury during the game that they no longer had a rotation. They played about as well as Peel in the 1990's (but not as bad as Perf, sorry thorne89 ). Jack Grimes, in his first game back, pulled a hammy and will miss the rest of the season. Paul Roos' face after the game pretty much said it all.

1406523588950.jpg-300x0.jpg

378657-efb36032-25e6-11e4-a9df-29aa57e785d4.jpg

'New game plan guys - kick more goals'

Last weekend's performance was so bad that the Demons went, cap in hand, to the AFL and requested a Priority Pick to help them out. Whether or not they deserve it or not is another conversation, but having a possible three first rounders after the compensation from the potential loss of James Frawley puts the Dees in a strong trade and draft position. Let's hope for their sake, and the AFL's, they fix themselves up. All in all, morale's pretty poor at the Demons.

But we all know that sometimes the underdogs rise up from their nadir and pull out something amazing. Or we just get complacent and play like s**t, letting them win the game. The Demons haven't beaten us in Perth since 2002. Considering the 'flat track bullies' reputation we gained this year, its expected that we will absolutely go to town on the Demons this Saturday.

Onto the teams, Eagles first:

IN: LeCras
OUT: Tunbridge

Demons:

IN: Pedersen, Fitzpatrick, Bail
OUT: Grimes, Barry, Riley

Only one change for us with Tunbridge going back to East Perth to get a full game playing on the ball. Emergencies Brennan, Carter and Colledge for us with Barry, McKenzie and Riley for the Demons. We're playing three rucks again; Cox was always going to play, but we look much more classy with the addition of LeCras who'll likely kick a bag on his return from a calf injury. Sammy Butler made a quick recovery from eye surgery after Essendon's attempted hasty removal of his eyeball. One anticipates some kind of AFL record was set for 3 eye injuries occuring to only one team during a match. Pedersen and Fitzpatrick are both talls, with Bail playing in the midfield.

Prediction: WC by a 1000.

Scratch that. Maybe only 10 goals.

Diego out

Last edited:

Anything less than a thorough fisting I'll be very disappointed.

Going to the game tomorrow, really excited!. I've been a member for three years and never been to one. What a fitting way to start, by sending off big Coxy! Any advice on how early I need to arrive at the stadium with regards to getting entry? Any general advice? Would be much appreciated.

Getting there tomorrow should be early enough.

Going to the game tomorrow, really excited!. I've been a member for three years and never been to one. What a fitting way to start, by sending off big Coxy! Any advice on how early I need to arrive at the stadium with regards to getting entry? Any general advice? Would be much appreciated.
Going to the game tomorrow might be a tad early

Getting to the ground about 30 minutes before the game starts would be plenty early enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Adelaide beat north

We smash dees and GCS

Can we leapfrog if north lose in round 23 ?

Who do they play ?

Congrats on your first game! Why'd you wait so long to go if you've been a member for so long?

Want to see 4 quarters and no bloody drop or switch off, no mercy, need to shake off past traits and build on the glimpses of potential that we and the rest of the competition have seen, that can beat any side going around when executed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back