YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Looking forward to this game just to see some of the new kids run around. Personally, can't wait to see what Brady Grey will do. I like the cut of his jib.

I'd expect us to lose pretty comfortably, but I don't think it's as bad as the team that we put out 2 years ago against St Kilda. We played guys that day that were nowhere near an AFL game (Forster, Moller, Simpson, even Taberner). With the exception of Hughes, everyone out there today has at least put their name into selection calculations with good WAFL performances.

Any chance another late out for Ballard to come in?

I'd expect us to lose pretty comfortably, but I don't think it's as bad as the team that we put out 2 years ago against St Kilda. We played guys that day that were nowhere near an AFL game (Forster, Moller, Simpson, even Taberner). With the exception of Hughes, everyone out there today has at least put their name into selection calculations with good WAFL performances.

Any chance another late out for Ballard to come in?

Nah. The Actual Peel need all the help they can get tomorrow.

I think we will do better than we did in 2013, but Port are a much better team and playing in better form than St Kilda were in 2013.
So the margin is likely to be just as embarrassing.

One thing I did wonder is if our sub only gets a quarter or so, do we send them back home to play for Peel the next day? It'd be a small bit of goodwill at least.

Not even sure if we'd be allowed to do it under the AFLPA agreement.

Interesting idea - I've got full faith that guys like Weller, Blakely, Langon, Hurley, Duffy etc could play a full-game and then head back and play for Peel the following day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few guys - Duffield, Clarke, De Boer , Clancee, will be playing for a spot in the finals, while you'd have to think that Hannath and Smith must be feeling a bit of pressure. We may get smashed but there are plenty out there who will personally have a lot to play for which will keep it interesting.

We might make it a contest for at most the first half, but Port will certainly run away with it and eventually win by 10 goals +

Keen for Blakely, Weller and AP to all have really good games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back