Preview Round 23 - Geelong vs GWS Giants, Saturday August 26th, 7.25pm, Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Ward, Greene and Deledio have been very good but the rest have been pretty average tonight. Shiel has had a crack but the ball hasn't gone his way and Corr was good early.

Greene's courage tonight has been unbelievable...love the kid.

Reckon Davis is injured. His mobility wasn't as good as usual and he looked like he couldn't jump. Once again he's so courageous so it wouldn't surprise if he is hurt but playing through it.

Would love to see Leon take a risk in the finals. Maybe it's Taranto in for Stevie J or De Boer for Hopper...I don't think all is lost as Geelong are hard to beat at Simmonds and our runners are ineffective there. On a nice big ground it might be a different story?

Got to keep our heads up.

7bbc70f326876e739713213e9730d2bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It concerns me Deledio looks lost with the ball and I dont think its because of his lack of matches. I think he looks up the ground, wonders where the * am I supposed to kick it, this game plan is a mess. Not sure how a side can have a fwd line like this on paper yet be so dysfunctional.

Well that was a shocker. Hope we get a better aisle at AO in two weeks than we did in round 1. Wonder when the schedule comes out, I can stay with relatives but the thought horrifies me. Adelaide has a long history of being hard to find a Hotel. Wont be many of us but quite a few rural and interstate Crows supporters I'd expect. Book early would be my suggestion for anyone going.

It concerns me Deledio looks lost with the ball and I dont think its because of his lack of matches. I think he looks up the ground, wonders where the **** am I supposed to kick it, this game plan is a mess. Not sure how a side can have a fwd line like this on paper yet be so dysfunctional.
Takes a bit for a player to learn his teamates games and vica versa. You'd learn capacity in training but game time needed as well maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Taranto be right for the finals? Sucked to see Stevie play like that tonight but it really looks like he's done.

Hopefully there's a bit of soul searching over the next fortnight and you can beat the Crows, they're overrated.

Im struggling to keep my head up.

Right now i honestly and open heartedly think that any one of Richmond, Adelaide, Geelong and Sydney will thump us in the finals.

And the worst thing is that i dont think anyone is beating Sydney

Lose to Adrlaide over there and we go on the swans side of the draw :(

The minute our run is stopped its gane over

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He said this the other week that he needed to learn how these guys play. His touch and skills seem absolutely fine but its a bit odd a 200 game A grader needs to learn how we play.

The pleasing thing with Deledio is that he hasn't lost his speed. He also uses the ball beautifully and I suspect he will just get better and better.

The forward line is a conundrum as the big 3 all have unique qualities but together with a busted Stevie J it just hasn't functioned. Not really sure what we do there.

Will Taranto be right for the finals? Sucked to see Stevie play like that tonight but it really looks like he's done.

Hopefully there's a bit of soul searching over the next fortnight and you can beat the Crows, they're overrated.
I think Taranto's fit, he was an emergency tonight and played our last NEAFL game last week. Doubt if even Leon knows who'se playing the QF at this stage though.

He said this the other week that he needed to learn how these guys play. His touch and skills seem absolutely fine but its a bit odd a 200 game A grader needs to learn how we play.
I remember Hodge speaking about Tom Mitchell at the start if the season and mentioning it will take him a while. I m not an expert but I'd imagine he meant knowing how fast they can run onto a pass, where to deliver the ball to give them the best chance etc would help, maybe?

I think Taranto's fit, he was an emergency tonight and played our last NEAFL game last week. Doubt if even Leon knows who'se playing the QF at this stage though.

Ah okay, my bad. What about Griffin? Is there anyone else to come in?

Big task in Adelaide but its do-able

Ah okay, my bad. What about Griffin? Is there anyone else to come in?

Big task in Adelaide but its do-able
Naah
That pretty much was our best 22. Might be some changes. No problem with asking. I wonder if we'll bring in a first year player at this time of the year, but if Leon thinks he'll improve things absolutely I want him the hell out there. He has a strong case for being best 22 on the basis he played all games but one when fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back